Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by GhostGirl

The next lgbtq+ event is on Thursday, I've heard, and I can only count on my luck that Laure will come again. After all, I have no other way of reaching out to her, and even if I did, I would probably freak out before anything significant actually happens. 

Never mind my rambling on, I should get to the important part.

On Thursday morning, I dress myself up in the best outfit I have-- a loose but bright jumper over my short skirt, with black leggings and boots. It's still cold, but I decide to risk it for a bit of glamour. When I arrive, it's still very early, and only sparse bunches of people have gathered around the stands. I find the woman from the other day, and she stretches an over-enthusiastic smile over her face upon my arrival.
"Wanna do your speech today? It doesn't have to be very long. You know, a simple recount of..."
The rest of her words lose themselves as panic swims around in my head. A speech? Seemingly the only way to get Laure to notice me. Seemingly impossible for a freak like me.
But then...
I nod before I can regret it, and with shaking legs I am lead backstage. The lady pins a mike on me as I survey my surroundings.
A boy loitering around, as if waiting for someone. A young girl, her face all scrunched up with emotions unknown to me. A teenager, shielding their eyes from the sun. A woman, with long gold earrings and a black suit. 
Wait.
Isn't that Laure?
I resist the urge to crane my head and get a better look. I try to pretend nothing's wrong, totally not like I'd just met the girl I'm pretty sure I have a serious crush on. Instead, a tousle around my pixie cut, smooth my clothes, and bite my fingernails as I nervously wait for my turn on stage.
"Lynn?" the woman gestures to me. I rush on stage and almost lose my balance, wondering how on earth she knew my name.
"Hi!" I squeal timidly into the microphone. "Umm, today I'm here to talk about the importance of a lack of ignorance. Although many of us disregard the harm that minor aggressions can cause in our daily lives, this is actually very fundamental to--"
I manage to dole out almost half of my speech when my mind suddenly goes blank. The speech I had written and worked on memorizing for the past week dissolves into thin air as unyielding panic takes its place. My legs go weak beneath me, and before I can realize it, I've whispered a tiny"thank you!" and ran off the stage.
And, as if things weren't bad enough already, I tripped on a wire and fell face-flat on the floor with a quiet whelp. 
"Are you okay?"
I don't look up just yet, momentarily frozen by the charismatic voice. It wasn't special, really, but it made me feel at home for reasons I couldn't explain. I was also surprised someone had offered help; transfixed by that courage I wished I could someday acquire. Forgetting myself, I take the hand offered and straighten up.
Almost immediately, my eyes meet those of Laure's. She smiles at me, and, suddenly feeling extremely self-conscious, I scan my clothes. They are still in place.
"Cute dress," she comments, and walks away at last after I manage a weak thanks. The warmth of her hand lingers, and for the first time in my life, I don't feel completely cold and alone.

I limp down the stage and wonder for the rest of the week if she really meant that comment.


© 2022 GhostGirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on December 13, 2022
Last Updated on December 13, 2022
Tags: love, romance, lgbtq+, fiction, chapter, book, series, first person


Author

GhostGirl
GhostGirl

About
Hiii I'm a young girl who loves writing. Please respect my work, and I love it when you leave comments! Have a nice day! :) more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by GhostGirl


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by GhostGirl


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by GhostGirl