boB the Bruce

boB the Bruce

A Chapter by Gray Witch
"

Recycling and reuse

"

boB the Bruce

 

 

Long lost relative of Scottish King, boB the Bruce …ooops Robert the Bruce….boB has always been a sort of poor man’s Templar Knight. When he heard that Pope Benedict was retiring he jumped into action …

 

So boB is on a Quest. No Templar cup for him, it is all pontifical cast-me-a-ways... Whatever the old Pope had to give up to retire, our boB is more than willing to recycle and reuse. The Pope’s Fisherman's ring will be obliterated by a silver hammer so boB has crafted his own version. The Washer Woman ring is made of Ivory soap which is known to be 99.99 percent pure and boB’s version adds 1% LYE to make the piece whole-LYE... (Get it? Holy<g>)

 

Now boB knows he could wear white, but that really isn't his colour. Instead. he'll go with a little green, orange and purple madras long shirt (couldn't find a cassock in those colours) ...

 

But never fear, since boB scrounged through the Vatican garbage cans and discovered the Pope's old red shoes he can now wear those and leave the hand-cobbled brown loafers to the retiree…

 


 

boB also thought briefly about trying to take over the Pope's Twitter account. Considering it had over 3 million followers and the Pope had only had to 'tweet' 38 times to keep them all happy, boB figured even he could manage that one ...

 

But alas, it wasn't really retired, just on sabbatical until a new Pope is chosen...

 

Poor boB, foiled again!



© 2013 Gray Witch


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

How much does boB charge for his professional service? I could use some advice from a person (?) of his stature. Other than the pope, I only know one other person rumored to have worn red shoes: Dorthy. She didn't have to use a helicopter. So the Vatican needs to consult with Dorthy's cobbler in the interest to conserving resources. Also, I believe that boB should go to North Korea and see if the leaders there could use his expertise in world affairs. Clearly boB should be considered for a star on Hollywood BLVD.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Haha! I Love boB.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You need to get together with an animator and make the "animated life of BoB." Yes BoB is beginning to grow on me, kind of like a Monty Pythonish type humor in a way, which is why I can readily visualize it as a cartoon or at least a solo comedy sketch.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Gray Witch

11 Years Ago

Thanks... I have original art for each of my stories now and the next step will to be try animation .. read more
Whole-LYE.... snicker....snort...heehee!! Oh boB you slay me!!! ;-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Gray Witch

11 Years Ago

... and who knew...boB has a Scottish accent... must inform my artist who is drawing him for me.... .. read more
redflutterby

11 Years Ago

I love a Scottish accent...of course I am scotch Irish. Can't wait for u to publish a whole boB col.. read more
Gray Witch

11 Years Ago

I'm a-workin' on it...LOL

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 5, 2013


Author

Gray Witch
Gray Witch

...Meanwhile back in Canada...near Niagara Falls, Ontario.............. (<-------------¯_(ツ)_/¯ wavin'), Canada



About
Ms Daniels, (AKA - GrayWitch) is an Environmental and Social Activist, Communications Consultant to local and provincial governments, and former Nurse. She has studied Sociology, Criminology and Devia.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..