Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Hachamecha

Chapter 8

                Gehen quickly covered up his double take with a cough, and a shuffle of his feet. Vane peered at him underneath his jet black hair.

                “Yes?” Gehen inquired, lifting a graying red eyebrow. “If you are here to tell me to go to your father and care for him, I already got the call.”

                Vane shuffled and nodded, lowering his gaze to the green tinted floor. Dr. Jevudokan walked around him, noticing how he was careful not to touch him. As he heard the doctor’s shoes recede, he slowly trudged toward his room, back stooped over, hands shoved in pockets. When he reached the door to his room, he hesitated, looking to Iana’s room. He shook his head. She probably was still sleeping off the drug.

                Vane wearily opened the door, then froze. Noise. Noise was coming from Iana’s room. Quickly, he shut his door softly, and threw open Iana’s room. As he suspected, Jaben was up to no good. Jaben’s face was full of surprise, and Iana was hooked up to tubes.

                Jaben quickly stood up and cursed. Vane looked at him with hate, arms crossed, clenching and unclenching his gauntleted hands. Jaben sweated. He quickly looked at Iana, and took a syringe and threatened to kill her with its point. A mutual understanding passed between them.

                 “Let me do my experiments, and I don’t kill her,” he said, madness glinting in his dead brown eyes.

                Vane laughed, its heartless-ness surprising Jaben. “Your experiment is going to kill her anyway, Jaben. Then you’ll claim it’s not your fault with some lame excuse.”

                Jaben gritted his teeth. The kid was good. He knew.

                “Remember Aogeha? Or Faust? You did the same thing. Your tricks are no good.”

                Jaben quickly darted his eyes back and forth. He was oblivious to the fact that Merlane was listening to everything-Vane was doing a sound-only communication with her.

                He grabbed a poison, and inserted it into Iana’s arm. Through Vane’s strangled cries, Merlane slapped Jaben right across his face, and he dropped the needle, half of the poison splattering on the floor in a murky purple fluid.

                Vane rushed to Iana’s side, screaming and yelling at Jaben to give him the antidote. Jaben shook his head sadly, and Vane’s anger spiked. He grabbed Jaben’s shoulders and shook him roughly, screaming himself hoarse.

                Medics rushed in, detaching Iana from the tubes. Vane couldn’t process anything at all-he wanted to kill Jaben painfully. He had no idea what he just done.

                Merlane heard the agonizing note in Vane’s voice. With a laser-beam like glare at Jaben, she roughly took Vane from Jaben. Jaben slumped down, not looking at anybody. He screwed up.

                Merlene held Vane as he composed himself. It took a while, but he calmed down, and slumped against her. She absentmindedly ran her fingers through his hair, muttering soothing words.

                Iana wanted to kick Jaben for making Vane scream like that. She already wanted to bash his skull in for the tubes, and break his legs for the fiery sensation in her arm. She heard voices around her, and she tried to hold on the last piece of consciousness. It was futile, and all went black.  



© 2012 Hachamecha


Author's Note

Hachamecha
It's short, yes. It's because class is almost over...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on January 26, 2012
Last Updated on January 26, 2012


Author

Hachamecha
Hachamecha

Ledyard, CT



About
I don't write much anymore. I will though. I'll find my muse. She just died along with my will. 39~ -Hachamecha more..

Writing
Idea s Idea s

A Story by Hachamecha


Moving Moving

A Poem by Hachamecha


Obsura Obsura

A Poem by Hachamecha