Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hope Rose
"

This is a flashback in Rose's point of view. With this story, since there are times where the point of view changes in the chapter, I will put who it is in the text. *READ AUTHOR'S NOTE*

"
Rose

"Are you serious?! I can't believe you two!" I slammed my books onto my desk. I was packing for my trip to Paris, but this news upset me. My parents, Midnight and Infinity Rose, from whom I take my name, had been together for my whole life but had recently decided to get a divorce. Infinity was still paying for my trip, but Midnight was giving me an ultimatum: her or Infinity. With a sigh, I picked my books back up and hid my face from Midnight as I shoved them into my suitcase, which where followed by my laptop. My life is nothing but trouble, I thought. Or, well, I thought it was in my head.
"Rose Infinity Marie Shinomaya! Do NOT say that again! You are the reason-" She started, but I was saved from her speech by a knock on the door frame, since I had left my door open. I was spun around and plucked up by my brother, James. I heard Midnight leave the room and started laughing. When I realized how he was dressed, my next sentence was stolen from my lips along with my laughter. Like most children of an Earlborn and a Virgo Lead, we age slower than an Earlborn, yet we often die young. James and I are 19, yet we say 17 so we are not taken from our homes by the Virgo Lead.
"James..." I manage, the German accent that I usually hid now very thick. His eyes, mirror opposite mine, searched my face. He knew I hated when he went off to fight, yet only he could see how strong my fear had hold.
"Little Rose," he said in his deep baritone. "I have to go. You will have so much fun traveling that you won't even miss me." I felt my brother's tail, the result of the lab experiments done on myself and him both, curl around my waist and I let myself feel like a little kid again by burying my face into his chest and listening to his heart. I didn't try to speak: James knew how to read my thoughts.
"Little Rose, are you done packing?"
"Of course, James. I was just finishing up when you walked in."
I hadn't realized I was crying until he sank down onto my bed and held me close. I don't know how long we sat there, or when I stopped crying, but I remember him driving me to the airport and the feeling as we hugged goodbye that I would never see him again.

I was right.


© 2015 Hope Rose


Author's Note

Hope Rose
Just a thought, but what do you think will happen to James, and how do you think Rose will react?


Just a few questions to think of as you read this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good concept hun, this could really go places, it's very imaginative and you clearly have a good grasp on the story and characters. I would suggest asking a beta reader to brush up your writing style slightly to bring out all of its potential x Awesome x

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope Rose

8 Years Ago

Thanks this is a story that me and my cousin are writing together. We're both writing a chapter then.. read more



Reviews

Good concept hun, this could really go places, it's very imaginative and you clearly have a good grasp on the story and characters. I would suggest asking a beta reader to brush up your writing style slightly to bring out all of its potential x Awesome x

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope Rose

8 Years Ago

Thanks this is a story that me and my cousin are writing together. We're both writing a chapter then.. read more
It sounds like a promising story and your foreshadowing is very intruguing. I found some minor issues with the writing style but that's normal since this is probably a first draft. It is very short but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. You definitely have me hooked and I look forward to reading more.
I would have guessed the same thing about James as Silver Shadowfax but then your comment surprised me. So I think that he maybe got kidnapped and she will try to free him but that is just a guess. Can't wait to find out what really happens.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope Rose

8 Years Ago

You are really close, actually. I'm glad you enjoy it and I look forward to your reaction with the r.. read more
james will die and rose will react by freaking out. love this story

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose Jaeger Kaneki

8 Years Ago

you seem saddish
Hope Rose

8 Years Ago

eh




.
Rose Jaeger Kaneki

8 Years Ago

nothing, lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 7, 2015
Last Updated on December 7, 2015


Author

Hope Rose
Hope Rose

Germany



About
I just love how some people can be... They think that if their best friend has something then they have to. It's so funny :3 If you need someone to talk to for any reason just send me a message on .. more..

Writing
Torture Torture

A Chapter by Hope Rose