Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hope Rose
"

Present day

"
Rose

I bolt into the bathroom and throw up, the feeling still lingering even after I'm done. I hear pounding on the door and Midnight's frantic voice. I drag myself away from the sink and open the door, feeling her arms around me a second later. It's been two years since I came home and eighteen months since my parents and I were told that James was killed. I am vaguely aware of my mom talking until she shakes me slightly. Giving her my full attention, she starts over.
"Rose, I know it's hard but it's time to move on. We can't get James back, but we can make him happy and live for him every day. Rose, James was your twin, yes, but you cannot stop living because he died. I did after losing most of my siblings, and I ended up with your father. That was the worst mistake of my life-" I jerk back away from her before she can say anything else. "You just called me a mistake..." I launch myself forward and sprint for my room, everything a blur. I slam the door and lock it for good measure, then I change into my old track uniform before climbing out the window. I pull out my phone and shoot my closest friend, Nyra a message: "Need your help. Be there soon." After sending it, I take off on my usual route and run into my grandparents, Night and Hiricho. I immediately block my mind from my immortal grandmother so that she has no idea what's wrong.
Night catches me before I can fall. Being gone for the time I was, my body is still trying to get back to normal two years later. The ice that now covers everything doesn't help, either. I don't feel the cold, yet the thought of ice on bare skin rips a shudder through me. I look up and realize that Night is talking.
"...just like your mother, Rose. I swear your balance when you're distracted is horrid. When you fight, your speed, balance, agility, and coordination are all heightened. The traits-" She pulls me up with a flick of her wrist and barely a thought, "of an Earlbred." She starts to say something else but Hiricho made a small noise, and Night's face went a beautiful shade of pink. "Sorry, Rose. I tend to carry on when I get tired. How are you doing?"
I say nothing, shocked. When Mom first called and told Night about James, she just laughed and said move on. So her asking about me was weird, even creepy.
"Uh, fine, I guess."
"You guess?"
"Just tired..."
Hiricho chuckles, not being a man of many words, and I throw myself into his arms. He's my last link to James, and I let him hold me there. I fall asleep, still in my grandfather's arms and still outside


© 2015 Hope Rose


Author's Note

Hope Rose
I know it's probably too short, but I write this in a notebook before I post it and it seems longer...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was wondering why didn't I read this book earlier.Your efforts to write continuously and thoughtfully is amazing.

The concept of this story seems quite exceptional to me,but sometimes the storyline looks quite predictable.If you complete your book in this style,we may be gifted with a wonderful book of yours.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope Rose

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading this I'm glad you enjoyed it.



Reviews

Very emotional, a good continuation from the last chapter. Highly intriguing, more to come soon...? x

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope Rose

8 Years Ago

Yes, there is more coming I just have things to do right now and I don't really have time to write a.. read more
BlaqkShadow

8 Years Ago

I understand i have had very little time also x
Hope Rose

8 Years Ago

I think it will help that I am going to post a new chapter later today
I was wondering why didn't I read this book earlier.Your efforts to write continuously and thoughtfully is amazing.

The concept of this story seems quite exceptional to me,but sometimes the storyline looks quite predictable.If you complete your book in this style,we may be gifted with a wonderful book of yours.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope Rose

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading this I'm glad you enjoyed it.
It is interesting, but perhaps you could slow down a little. You jump from topic to topic too quickly, in my opinion.

Posted 8 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope Rose

8 Years Ago

It's a long book, with a lot of things needing to be covered. The chapters are short because they le.. read more
THIS IS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope Rose

8 Years Ago

Lol thanks. I'm not writing anymore chapters on here until I finish chapter 6 and after Christmas br.. read more
Rose Jaeger Kaneki

8 Years Ago

Okay, welcome, lol
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2015
Last Updated on December 18, 2015


Author

Hope Rose
Hope Rose

Germany



About
I just love how some people can be... They think that if their best friend has something then they have to. It's so funny :3 If you need someone to talk to for any reason just send me a message on .. more..

Writing
Torture Torture

A Chapter by Hope Rose