10th JULY 2517

10th JULY 2517

A Chapter by Tobi

My deepest fear was alleviated today, proven by the fact that I am now awake and able to write this.  As my ship arrived at unexplored planet M07722, the computer put us in a steady orbit 11,000km above surface level and I was brought out of my chemically induced coma.  All systems performed as expected and I report no anomalies with the Erebus computer.

I was afraid that there would be a malfunction and I would never be awoken, forced to sleep forever out here in the Void.  But it seems I was right to put my faith in these machines, they were required to travel long distances without need of repair, so they were obviously made to last.

I still feel nauseous from the coma (and my mouth tastes of blackcurrant for some strange reason).  All I have done today is wash myself, eat and exercise.  For now, there’s not much else to do.

I got my first look at planet M07722 today.  From up here, there wasn’t much to see though; a thick cloud cover surrounds the planet.  So I’m going to send down a probe tomorrow for a preliminary report.

Now that I’m here, I’ve realised that, since I shall be the first human to set foot on planet M07722, I would have official naming rights.  Hence, I will replace the dull catalogue listing of unexplored planet M07722 with a name of my choosing.  I shall call it…‘Skeyla’ (pronounced skay-la).

I will now stop writing here, as I as am tired and feel a bit sick after having slept so long.



© 2009 Tobi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmmmm. Well. It doesn't have any mistakes. This kind of thing isn't really to my taste unfortunatly. But overall it's very good, regardless of what genre this is (speaking of which, is this sci-fi?) Keep writing :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 13, 2009
Last Updated on July 30, 2009


Author

Tobi
Tobi

United Kingdom



Writing
Purple & Pink Purple & Pink

A Poem by Tobi