30th JULY 2517

30th JULY 2517

A Chapter by Tobi

For almost three weeks now, I’ve recorded interactions between the native Skeylans (as I have now labelled them).  One detail I’ve noticed is that they never seem to sleep and their eyes even lack lids to make this possible.

Over the course of three weeks, I’ve recorded from a distance, hours of footage of the Skeylans communicating with one another.  With the help of my Erebus computer, I’ve created a basic English/Skeylan dictionary with the hand signals they use and what I believe they are referring to when they use them.  With most words, they just use their two main arms but some of the longer ones, they bring in all four of their arms to get the message across.  I’ve been practising my Skeylan alone in preparation for meeting them but I am struggling to imagine how I shall sign some of the four-armed words.  Perhaps I will have to stick with simple language when I speak to them?

During my time of study, I have also mapped as much of the planet as possible, using the village as my centre.  I plan to finally descend down to the surface tomorrow and make my introductions…



© 2009 Tobi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on July 13, 2009
Last Updated on July 30, 2009


Author

Tobi
Tobi

United Kingdom



Writing
Purple & Pink Purple & Pink

A Poem by Tobi