4th AUGUST 2517

4th AUGUST 2517

A Chapter by Tobi

I decided to take John to see my ship today.  He was in awe at my craft, particularly captivated by anything metal.  He was amazed by this hard, cold, shiny substance that my ship seemed to be made of.

Since the rumour has already gone around that I came from the Lake, John believed this ship to also come from underneath the Lake, possibly from an underwater city filled with more of my kind.

He asked if there were others, which I said yes to.  Since there are now one trillion of us, it took a while to explain the true size of the human population since the only numbers I know in their language barely exceeds three figures.  I tried to explain about the Commonwealth of Man, the large organisation of humans that spanned across several of the planets and moons of our solar system and that I was the first human to leave the solar system in exploration.

From this explanation, the Skeylans now refer to where I come from as ‘The Water Empire’, I judge this term to be the closest approximation I can give.



© 2009 Tobi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on July 13, 2009
Last Updated on July 30, 2009


Author

Tobi
Tobi

United Kingdom



Writing
Purple & Pink Purple & Pink

A Poem by Tobi