Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Isemay

The black mist drove him forward. It pursued him for miles as his subjects watched without even attempting to interfere. The shame of it paired with the agony of not being able to breathe and not being able to die was more than he could bear. Olthon would pay for this. Vezar stumbled. The elf knew he could feel pain and exhaustion. This agony and indignity was planned.


The prison he’d been driven into was like a maze, the corridor twisted and wound inside the mountain. When he reached the center they were waiting for him. His crown was held in the hands of a dwarf and he snarled at the stumpy creature. An open coffin of steel and glass stood open on a raised platform, as if he would be on display.


“I will not allow this.” Vezar growled. “I am a King. I am not some-” The black mist pressed against him from behind smothering his words.


“The coffin is the only safe place for you Vezar Edra, King Undying.” Olthon lifted his chin proudly.


The mist drove him forward and when he tumbled into the coffin he could breathe. The mist, however, immediately solidified, forming a mask over his face which a dwarf promptly affixed to the bottom of the coffin. Olthon leaned in tying an amulet around his neck that made his thoughts hazy and muddled.


“He will not be able to escape this place.” 


“Close it, seal him in. Let us be done with it.”


Vezar couldn’t tell who of the men, elves and dwarves were speaking, but when the lid closed he began to beat on it. The horror of knowing he would be sealed in alone lent him strength, he tried with all his might to break the thick glass as they warded it. Heavy suffocating sleep began to steal over him.


“Place the crown on the pedestal to raise the stone and seal it.” 


Darkness closed over him. He resisted sleep with all his strength, the fury and bitterness fueling him. But in the darkness, as exhausted as he was, despair and the agony of being utterly alone washed over him and his fury and resistance faded into the nothingness of forced slumber.



© 2021 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

omg, that is a huge fear of mine, being buried alive. This chapter is an intriguing hook, with so many unanswered questions.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on December 26, 2017
Last Updated on January 28, 2021
Tags: gods, dragon, elf, dwarf, thief


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay