Enter: Sav, the Idiotic Boy

Enter: Sav, the Idiotic Boy

A Chapter by Jiyuu
"

Boys are interesting. But this one is just plain weird. Written in Lenne's perspective.

"
I could never figure out what went on in that boy's mind. It's always, "Lenne, do you ever wonder about the Afterlife?" or "Lenne, what do you think about this world?" He even spouts out things about "spirits that guide him towards a new world" or something of the sort. Seriously, this boy... I always wondered if he was dropped on his head as an infant. Oh, wait. Is that...? Great. Time to sigh. He's running towards me with that idiotic grin on his face. He actually looks out of breath. 'Did he run all the way to school instead of just walking?' As I was pondering the thought, the weird boy managed to get right to my face, sweat running down his face.
"Lenne!" I snapped out of my head and looked at him with an uninterested glance.
"Sav... morning."
"Mornin'!" he yelled, that grin still on his face. I gave him a different look; one of boredom, and slight concern.
"You know, you're gonna be stuck with that grin for the rest of your life if you keep that up."
He looked at me. "Isn't having a smile on your face a good thing?"
He did have a point. Of course, I had a retort to it.
"Yeah, sure. But what if you're at a funeral? Not exactly the best time to smile, you know."
He frowned at that, which actually made me feel a slight tinge of guilt. Slightly.
"You're right..." He seemed to lose a little bit of happiness in himself. The guilt only increased. So, I did the only thing I could think of.
I patted him on the head.
"... Don't start looking glum all of a sudden, alright? I was just saying, is all."
He looked at me dead in the eyes, which made me blush. A little. Then, he just suddenly lifted his head and smiled. Funny thing was, it wasn't his trademark grin.
It was a gentle smile.
I had never seen this smile before. To think, I've known this guy since before birth. I know, you're thinking, "How the hell is that possible? Before birth?" See, here's how it was. Both my mom and Sav's mom were childhood best friends. Amazingly, they had gotten pregnant by their husbands around the same time. They both went into labor on the same day. ...Sav came first. By 5 freaking minutes. So in a way, we're like twins. Get the picture now? Weird thing is... even though Sav can be a COMPLETE weirdo...
I might like him.
No, not even 'might.'
I KNOW I do. Hell, I may even love the boy. But really? Can you see me dating this guy? ...Let me give you a short description of him.
Tall, like 6'2''. Short blond hair. A total ditz. Okay, not a COMPLETE ditz. I suppose he can't be, considering he's the top ranked student in our high school. I would be if he didn't purposely give me the wrong answer to a homework assignment we were BOTH working on. He's beaten me by 2 little points... that was MY first place in ranking! That stupid little... Oh. Ahem. Where was I? Oh, yes. He's... well...
...
I can't exactly say a lot of bad things about him. Above all else, he's a sweet guy. Very kind. Considerate. Protective of his friends. Funny. Pretty attractive, actually. 
...
Wow. What the hell? I'm falling into this trap known as "love." Well, you know about him; let me tell you about-
"ACHOO!" 
...
Did he just...?
"Oh, Lenne! Sorry!! I didn't mean to..." Sav was obviously lying. The smirk trying to creep on his somewhat pale face said it all.
He purposely sneezed on me.
I felt a storm brewing inside me, but I kept my cool. 
"...Sav."
"Yes?" God, his grin was killing me.
"Question."
"Hm?" This boy... seriously has a death wish.
"Can you please explain to me WHY you didn't cover your mouth?" Here it comes.
"I forgot."
...
...
...
"Hey!" I heard a classmate yell. "Sav, what happened to your face?!"
He turned at them and smirked. "A girl I know did it."
Everyone around gasped and got closer to him, asking him all sorts of questions. One of them, I heard very clearly.
"Was it a hot girl?"
I felt a tug of empowerment kick in. However, it was Sav's answer to that question that made my heart skip a beat.
"Oh, yeah. She was the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen in my life."
...Oh. Right. One thing I had forgot to mention about Sav...
He's in love with me.


© 2011 Jiyuu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
Added on September 14, 2011
Last Updated on September 14, 2011





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5