Spoken: Lenne's Decision

Spoken: Lenne's Decision

A Chapter by Jiyuu
"

After receiving a "proposal" from Sav, what will happen to Lenne's feelings for him? How will her decision affect their friendship? Written in Sav's POV.

"
Okay. What the hell did I just do? Did I seriously just ask Lenne out on a DATE? I mean, I love her, but I know how she feels for me.
She doesn't.
We've been best friends since before birth. Our bond has only gotten stronger through the years, months, weeks, days, minutes and seconds. I can talk to her about anything and everything. She used to do that, but now... It's like she won't tell me everything. Once, she actually broke down and told me she hates telling anyone her emotions, since she feels like she would just burden us. In all honesty, I agree with her. However, if you're suffering, you tell people you trust, right? They'll listen. Ironic how I say that AND follow it when Lenne's the one who taught me. She totally contradicted her words. It's upsetting, but I'm sure she has her reasons. Still, I want her to talk to me like she used to. 
Oh...
I'm still holding her.
As much as I regret it, I let her go and look straight into her eyes. She blinks once, obviously in surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if she said no. I mean, she's rejected me before, so. Still, wouldn't be great if she were to say-
"Yes."
I make a double take. "W-what?"
She pouted. "I said yes. I'll go on a date with you."
Happy would be an understatement. Ecstatic? Hell yeah, that's much more accurate. However, I still wanted to know...
"Why?" She looked at me with a confused look.
"What do you mean?" I gave her a serious look.
"You rejected me years ago. Sure, the timing wasn't great, but still. And now, all of a sudden, you accept my request?" She rolled her eyes.
"... Cut me some slack here, alright? I, um..."
Lenne went silent. I looked at her hands. She was fidgitting.
"You what?" She looked up at me.
"I... m-my head is confused!" I gave her a blank look.
"Huh?" She rolled her eyes once again. I swear, she picked up that habit from her friends.
"I don't know what to think. A-about you, I mean. So, maybe if I go on this date with you, I'll understand." I continued to stare at her.
"So basically, I'm like a test subject?" She gaped at me.
"N-no! NO! You're not like that! I just..." I laughed.
"I'm joking. Geez, Lenne, take a breather." She gave me her adorable pout.
"Yeah, yeah... So, um... day and time?" I stared at her.
"Oh, uh... Saturday. 11 am. Sound good?" She nodded, a light blush on her face.
"O-okay..." I grinned at her.
"I promise, you won't regret saying yes." She smiled and nodded again.
"See you after school?" I smiled.
"Like always." She gave me a small grin and ran off to her English class.
'God... she's so cute.' I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. 'What am I gonna do for the date?'
The bell rang.
"...Crap." I ran towards my next class, Japanese 101, with nothing on my mind but Lenne...
And the fact that my JAP 101 teacher was gonna yell at me saying things I've heard in animes but never bothered to memorize.

"Lenne!" She was leaning against a pole outside the school, right by the entrance. She was waiting for me. She turned when she heard my voice and smiled. 
"Sav! Took you long enough. Flirting with girls again?" I pouted.
"Of course not! You know I'm not that kind of guy." She gave me a genuine smile.
"I know. Just teasing! Take a breather!" I gaped at her.
'She used my own words against me...' I smirked. 'Clever.'
"Ah, anyway." I turned my attention back to her. "Excited for that date?"
Full-on blush mode.
"I am, actually..." Wow. Shocking. "What's the plan?" I grinned and put my finger over my mouth.
"Himitsu." She blinked at me.
"Hey... no fair! I'm GOING, I should know!" I laughed.
"True, true. However, I know how much you love surprises." She rolled her eyes.
"Yeah, I love them so much that I've grown to hate them." I smiled.
"Exactly. But hey, I guarantee you'll love the surprises I'm planning." She blinked.
"So there's more than one thing?"
"Well, isn't there multiple things people can do on the first date?"
"..."
"Then it's settled. Saturday at 11, be ready. I'll pick you up at your place."
"...You say it like you live a block away. We're neighbors."
"Can't blame me for trying to be romantic."
"W-wha...?" I laughed so hard at her expression.
"Haha... oh, Lenne. The look on your face..." She pouted.
"Hmph, meanie. Maybe I'll just cancel the date." I stopped laughing and looked at her dead in the eyes.
"You can't say no." She froze. Can't blame her for that reaction. I'm kind of in her face right now.
"U-uh..." I leaned back, with a hint of regret doing so.
"Let's head home. We gotta rest up for the big day tomorrow!" She laughed nervously.
"Right..."
After the 10 minute walk back home, I said goodbye to Lenne and her mother and little brother, who adores me, and went to my house. First thing I did: Plop right onto my bed. Though the day went by quickly, it was pretty tiring.
'I give all my energy to Lenne... wonder if she knows that.'
Sighing, I lazily got off my bed and went to my computer desk. I pulled out my homework and got to work. My motto on work is: The sooner I get it done, the more time I have to spend with Lenne.
Er... well... okay, yes. No use arguing over it. All this hard work I do... getting high rankings... all of that was for Lenne. She used to tell me to never back down and to give it everything I had. So, like she said, I did. The motivation I have everyday is simple: Make her smile to me. If she does that, I feel like I did what I was supposed to, and it makes life easier for me. I swear, the things that girl does to me...
...
Ahem. Anyway. I decided to go on Facebook just to see if I got any notifications. 13. Well, damn. Wasn't expecting this. Well, when you have over 300 friends, it's possible. Lenne doesn't even have 200 friends... you'd think she would. Oh, a message... from Lenne? Looks like she sent it half an hour ago... I decided to read it, obviously.
"Sav. I don't know WHAT you're thinking, but... I really am happy. When you asked me out... my heart skipped a beat. I'm not sure what that means, but it must be something good. Tomorrow at 11... I wrote it on my calender. I'm excited, to be honest! I can never really understand what you're thinking, but I can tell it's something I'm going to enjoy. Well... I'll see you soon. FIGHTING! c: <3"
...
I don't think I've laughed so hard. 'She actually said "fighting!" How cute...'
After my laughing fit, I went downstairs to check on my mom.
"Hi, Savvy!" I blushed.
"Mooooom, that nickname..." She pouted.
"I'm your mother. I gave you life. At least give me the dignity to call you by the nickname I gave you since you were just a month old." I groaned.
"Yeah, but still. It makes me sound like a pirate." She grinned.
"Yes, but you're MY pirate!" I could only shake my head. 
Mothers.
"Oh yeah, Mom. What's for dinner?"
"Your favorite." She pointed at the food on the table next to her and my mouth drooled.
"...Sushi." She only smiled.
As soon as I got my plate, I dug in. I LOVE sushi. I swear, I must have been Japanese in a past life. While I was enjoying my meal, my Mom spoke.
"Oh yes, Savvy?" I groaned. "How's Lennie been?"
I almost choked on my makizushi. "S-she's fine, Mom." She had that devious look in her eyes.
"Oh, is she...?" I looked at her.
"Mhm..."
Silence.
"...Have you pounced on that poor girl yet?" This time, I DID choke on my makizushi.
"M-mo- *cough* MOM! *cough*" All she did was laugh her a*s off.
"O-oh, Savvy! I'm j-joking... haha..." I glared at her.
"Yeah, right..." I mumbled.
After the choking fit and my mom's teasing, I went back upstairs. I forgot I had Facebook still on. I sat on my chair and checked if I had gotten more notifications.
24.
Oh, damn. There's more than last time. Like I said before, the benefit of having more than 300 friends... Oh. Another message. I clicked on it. From Lenne again...? Obviously, I read it.
"Sav. I know you're eating, but I had to message you one more time. For some reason, this up-coming date is REALLY making me nervous. I don't know why; I've been on dates before. ...Well, not many, but still. Anyway, I'm going to bed early tonight. Just thought I should let you know, haha. c: So, guess I'll see you tomorrow. 11 am. ...I can't wait. >/////<"
...
Blush face? Now THAT is seriously cute. Laughing, I typed back to her. After I was done, I took off my shirt and jeans, leaving me in nothing but boxers. What? That's how I sleep; isn't that how most boys do it? 
...
Anyway. I jumped right into bed and held on tight to my pillow. I only said one thing before I passed out with a smile on my face.
"Lenne."


© 2011 Jiyuu


Author's Note

Jiyuu
Sorry that it's been a while. College takes you away. Oh yes, Author Notes. Whenever you see this: 'Blah blah blah' in my stories, it means it's an inner thought. Remember: ' means Inner; " means Outer. Last thing. If you don't know what makizushi is, don't worry. It's just a kind of sushi. c:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on September 21, 2011
Last Updated on September 30, 2011