Emotion: The Date

Emotion: The Date

A Chapter by Jiyuu
"

Lenne & Sav finally go on their date! What awaits them? Sav's POV

"
So. Today is a pretty damn good day. Why? I'm on my date with Lenne.
Yeah. That's right.
A date.
With Lenne.
I must be the luckiest guy alive right now. I have the most gorgeous girl in the world walking next to me, my hand intertwined with hers. I look at her. She's dressed very... girly today. It's not that she doesn't dress like a girl, just not like this. She must have really went all out. See, she's wearing an outfit I've never seen her wear before. She must have picked it out especially for this day.
See, she's wearing a white tanktop with a black printed design on the front of it. Covering it is a light pink jacket with buttons on it. She's also wearing a brown skirt with semi-silver lace etched on the bottom of it, along with her ankle-high heels. As for her hair, well... I can tell she curled it a little, since it has waves at the end. She put on this cute white hat with a small black embedded flower on the side. She wore a necklace that I had given her a couple years back for Christmas. It shone in the sunlight as we walked. She turned to see me looking at her.
"Sav... what is it?" I blinked.
"Hm? Oh, you just look really pretty in your outfit today, that's all." She blushed.
"Thank you..." I noticed that she had put her hand to her heart, a slight blush on her face.
Cute.
"So," she said. "What are we going to do today?"
I smiled at her. "You'll see."
She pouted as we continued to walk towards the first stop of our date. When she realized where we were headed, a huge grin appeared on her face.
"We're going ice skating?!"
I nodded. "We sure are. I know you've always wanted to."
Her smile lowered, which worried me. Did she not want this? But she smiled...
"I don't want to ruin your fun with me falling every 5 seconds..." she explained.
I shook my head. "Hey, I'm not that great at this either. If you fall, I'm falling with you."
She pouted. "Don't you mean, 'You'll catch me' instead?"
I laughed. "Well, I'm not going to lie to you either."
She rolled her eyes, but smiled. "What are we waiting for? Let's go!"
And so, she pulled me towards the entrance.
-x-x-x-x-
"A-ahhhhh! SAV! HELP ME!!"
She had just stepped foot onto the ice and already she was freaking out. I was standing next to her, in perfect composure, while she was flailing her arms around, trying to find her balance. I sighed.
"Here, grab my hand."
She quickly reached out for me with both hands. She held on like her life depended on it. I grinned and said, "Come on, we're moving!"
She quickly shook her head. "No, no. I'm fine standing like this, thanks."
I stuck my tongue out at her and pulled her with me. I swear, her grip on my hand got tighter, if that was even possible. She had her eyes closed. I smiled.
"You know... you won't be able to see this great view if your eyes are closed."
She slowly opened them. She gasped.
You could see a mountain covered in snow nearby, semi-blocking the sun, making it look as if the world was being reborn into something more beautiful.
"Wow..." she said.
"Yeah," I agreed.
We stood there for about a minute, just looking at the mountain when this powerful wind headed our way. Heck, it was so strong, it blew Lenne a bit. That smack of wind made her lose her balance, making her flail her arm again.
"Sav!!"
"I got ya!"
I reached out so I could grab her before she fell. Now at this point, both her hands were clinging tightly to my shirt, while my arms were around her waist. We were incredibly close to one another. I could literally feel her breath on my face. I blushed a deep red. I didn't even have to see it; I freakin' felt it. She blushed just as badly as I did.
"Ah...well..." she pulled away, much to my disappointment. "Let's try this again, shall we?"
She grabbed my hand again, this time to my sheer happiness. I smiled at her.
"Sure."
We spend the past hour and a half skating around the rink, getting used to the slippery ice. Lenne had fallen once, and like I told her, I would fall with her. Sure, the landing was kind of painful, but it was worth it with her.
I would fall to the ends of the earth if I could be with you.
When we left the rink, her face was slightly pink and her nose was running a little. I grabbed a tissue from my jacket's pocket.
"I figured you would need it." I handed it to her. "Is it too cold? Should we head back home?"
She took the tissue, smiled and wiped her nose. "No way... our date just started! Besides, it's my fault for wearing a skirt like this in the Winter."
I took her tissue, not minding the germs, and threw it away at the nearest trash can. "You sure? If anything, at least put on my jacket..."
She immediately shook her head. "You'll freeze! Don't worry, Sav. I'll be fine!" She smiled at me and held my hand tighter.
"Besides, this is our date. You can't worry about me so much! We need to enjoy our time together. That's technically what a date is, right?"
God... how long must you make me suffer? I love her so much... she's making it harder for me to live without her.
I grinned. "Yeah, you're right. Alright!" I held her hand tighter as well. "To the next stop!"
-x-x-x-x-
I checked my watch. 2:13 pm.
Alright. We still have plenty of time.
When we got to our second stop, Lenne had an even bigger grin on her face.
"The bowling alley!" she yelled in excitement.
"Yep!" I said. "Think you can beat me?"
She smirked. "Naturally."
I raised an eyebrow. She thinks she's tough... I'll prove her wrong.
After I paid for the stuff, the clerk gave us our shoes. She gushed, saying how cute of a couple we are. Lenne and I both blushed, and simply thanked her. We did rock, paper, scissors to determine who would go first. I won.
Heh. Going first always has it's advantages.
And it did. At first. I was hitting almost all the pins at every shot, but so was Lenne. This went on for every round we went through. At the last round, it was my turn. I threw the bowling ball and managed to get 8 pins out total.
"Hah! I already won this game," I bragged.
Lenne rolled her eyes. "So you think."
Walking up and getting her bowling ball, she focused on the ball, the lane and the pins. It was as if she was calculating how to throw the ball. I was watching with slight interest. I yawned when Lenne finally threw the bowling ball in a perfect stance. My eyes widened as her ball got closer to the pins. 9 knocked down.
"NO!" I yelled.
Lenne was still watching the pins. "Wait..."
I looked. The last pin was still spinning. We both watched as the pink continued to spin. We thought it would last forever until it finally tipped over, signaling that Lenne had gotten a strike.
She actually beat me.
We both stood there, frozen. Time seemed to stop. Then suddenly, Lenne had this huge grin on her face, and started jumping up and down.
"I WON! I SO WON! IN YOUR FACE, SAV!!! YOU'RE NOT CHAMPION ANYMORE! NOT IN MY HOUSE, BABY! NOT. IN. MY. HOUSE!!!"
She continued to brag about her victory while I slumped in my seat, feeling defeated.
"How can this be...? I lost to Lenne? It's the end of the world, I know it..."
Lenne stopped her cheering and walked over to me, patting my head.
"Winners can lose sometimes, you know? Today just happened to be that day."
I looked straight into her eyes.
"But I haven't lost."
She blinked. "What? The score clearly says otherwise."
"I'm not talking about the score."
I continued to look into her eyes. I think she understood what I meant, because she turned red and looked away.
"U-um... let's move on! There's still places we have to go, right?"
I smirked. Getting out of my seat, I responded, "Yep. So let's go."
I reached out my hand towards her. She accepted. We headed outside, thanking the clerk, while she was still gushing about us. We left with blushes on our faces.
-x-x-x-x-
It was getting later in the day, so it was getting colder. More cold air was coming from Lenne's mouth.
"You sure you don't need my jacket?" I asked.
She nodded, her nose slightly red. "Mhm! I'm fine!"
I took her word for it.
When we got to our next stop, she looked confused.
"A mini golf court?"
"Yep."
"In the snow?"
"Of course."
"Isn't that impossible?"
"Not really."
"...Alright, let's go!"
Once again, she pulled me towards the court.
I paid the fee, and we got situated. Rock, Paper, Scissors was done to determine who would go first. Lenne won this time. She positioned herself to get a hole-in-one on the first try. She missed by an inch.
"Darn..." she mumbled.
I went next. A hole-in-one.
"W-what?! No fair..." she said, pouting.
"I guess golf isn't your sport," I teased.
"Oh, and it's your sport?"
"Nope. I'm just better at it than you."
She gasped, then pouted again, walking ahead of me. I laughed and followed her. The rest of the games went the same, with Lenne trying to get hole-in-ones in at every hole. She managed to get them on the near-impossible holes, but none on the easier ones, which shocked me.
I guess challenging things always appealed to her the most.
I won due to the number of hole-in-ones I had gotten. She simply pouted, which I thought was cute.
"No fair..." she complained.
I grinned. "Life isn't fair, Lenne."
"Hmph! Anyway, next stop!"
"Right, right."
We left the golf course with a huge grin on my face, and a slight pout on hers.
-x-x-x-x-
As we were walking to the next place, Lenne suddenly stopped. I looked back at her at the sudden tug.
"What it is?" I asked.
"That store..." she responded.
I looked at where she was looking. Her eyes were glued at this store known as "Shine & Sparkle." It was a jewelry store. She looked at me with begging eyes. I sighed and smiled at her.
"Alright."
She jumped in excitement and dragged me in the store.
...
It was so...
Sparkly.
There was glitter and shining objects everywhere.
She always had a fondness of things that sparkled or shone in the sunlight, but isn't this pushing it...?
As Lenne was looking around the store, I was simply following her, watching her as she gazed at the things she thought was pretty.
Her eyes glued to something that looked like...
"Cell phone charms?" I asked as I got next to her.
She looked up at me. "Mhm! Look, they match us!"
I took a closer look at the charms. One had a crystallized blue orchid attached to it. Lenne's favorite flower...
The one next to it had a mini skateboard attached.
Hm... Lenne really does think of me... She knows I love to skateboard.
I looked at her. Her eyes shone to the charms as they dangled. I smiled, and grabbed them. She pulled back, a confused look on her face. I simply winked at her, earning a blush, and walked towards the cashier. I took out my debit card and swiped it. Lenne ran towards me.
"S-Sav?!" she yelled.
I looked at her. "Hm?"
"I could've paid for that..."
I shook my head. "We're on a date. Let me pay for what you want."
She blushed again. "Yeah, but... I feel bad. You've paid for everything..."
I patted her on the head, getting a pout from her. "Don't even worry about it. My mom put $500 for this day."
Lenne's eyes widened. "$500...?"
"Yeah, I think she went overboard."
"Here you go, sir." The cashier gave me a smile and handed me the charms in a small bag.
It has glitter on it. Go figure...
As we were walking out of the store, I took our charms out of the bag, Lenne's first.
"Give me your phone," I said.
She handed it to me, slightly confused. I attached the charm to her cell, letting it dangle, much to her happiness and disbelief.
"I could've put it on myself..." she said.
I sighed. "Just let me do things for once, alright?"
She nodded slowly. I smiled.
"Alright, now to do my-"
I was interrupted as Lenne grabbed my charm, took my phone from my jacket's pocket and attached it. She handed it back to me and intertwined our hands quickly, not looking at me.
"L-let's go," she said.
I grinned, a blush appearing on my face.
"Yes ma'am."
-x-x-x-x-
I decided that we would head off to dinner. Well, our stomachs decided that for us, since they were rumbling quite loudly earlier. I was debating whether to go someplace super fancy or laid-back. Lenne had the attire for a fancy place, but I didn't, so that was out of the question. Plus, I seriously didn't want to dress in a tux today...
So laid-back it was.
I took her to this place called 'Taipei Tokyo,' an Asian restaurant we love. We always get the same food there. This time, however, we decided to switch it up. We ordered sashimi, kung pao chicken and Orange Chicken with green tea and water. Needless to say, it was great. The best part was when she fed me some of her kung pao; I died and went to Heaven then. I fed her my orange chicken too, and there was some sauce under her lip. She licked it off, which was something I shouldn't have focused on, if you know what I mean...
Ahem.
Anyway, after dinner, I checked my watch. 6:23 pm.
The day went by pretty fast...
It would be dark soon. Thinking of the last thing I planned for her, I decided to take her to a place I know she would love to be. Holding her hand, I dragged her to her favorite place in our town. Her eyes shined as brightly as our new phone charms.
"The karaoke bar!" she yelled in pure happiness.
I laughed. "I know how much you love this place. I had to take you here."
She gave me a sweet smile and pulled me inside. Once we got our room, along with some drinks and pastries, we were debating on songs to sing.
"Hm," Lenne said. "Since they have International songs on here, I'm going to sing a Japanese song!"
I haven't heard her sing in a while, so I was excited to hear her once again. She only really sung in front of me, anyway.
"Alright. You're gonna do great, Lenne!"
She blushed and nodded. She found a song. 'Arabesque' by Rurutia. Lenne had chosen the Ballad version.
Like she told me, soft and sweet songs were her forte.
She took a deep breath, quickly looked back at me and smiled. She faced the screen again, and sung as the lyrics appeared.
Zutto sagashiteita yo boku no kienai niji o
Kimi no hitai ni sotto kuchibiru o ateru

Atatakana yasuragi wa yume janai

Nanairo no hikari ga furu kagayaita kimi no egao o
Kono mune ni dakishimetara nanimoka mo uketomerareru 
Nemutteita minai ga ima ugokidasu 

Meguri aeta koto o taisetsu ni shiyou
Futari ga donna namida o nagashita to shitemo

Mitsumeai hibikiai ikite ikou

Yawarakana mizu o suberu kaze no you na kimi no koe o 
kikasete yo motto zutto
Mune no naka wakidasu izumi
Doko made mo nagareteyuku afureteiku

Nanairo no hikari ga furu kagayaita kimi no egao o
Kono mune ni dakishimetara nanimoka mo uketomerareru 
Nemutteita minai ga ima ugokidasu 

Yawarakana mizu o suberu kaze no you na kimi no koe o 
Kikasete yo motto zutto
Mune no naka wakidasu izumi
Doko made mo nagareteyuku afureteiku

...
I could not believe what I was listening to. Lenne had completely pulled it off. Her gentle, yet powerful vocals completely enhanced the emotion of the song. Needless to say, I was blown away. When she finished, she turned back to me, a huge blush on her face. I immediately stood up and applauded her.
"Lenne, that was amazing! You sound...well, amazing! I don't even know how to describe it!"
She blushed even harder, if that was even possible. "T-thank you... it really means a lot..."
She sat back down while I got up and decided on a song to sing.
I need to sing a song that shows Lenne that she belongs to me... or rather, she will be. But what...?
Bingo.
I chose the song, and Lenne recognized it right away. She covered her hands with her mouth, that blush never leaving her beautiful face. I grinned at her, and started to sing.

See, I just wanna hold you
And never let you go boo,
Girl we could do, whatever you wanna go do,
Shorty you could be in control (In control),
Whenever it's raining,
We'll just stay in,
Kiss and playin' and talking till the AM comes
,

I got too much to show,

Why won't you be my blue skies,
So I can be your sunshine,
You'll be my horizon,
I'll come to you everynight,
I want you to be my moonlight,
I will be your night-time,
My life would be so dark,
If you didn't shine so bright (Bright),
Forever your's,
Girl I'll be forever your's,
For you I'll trade it all,
This is too good to ignore,
Forever your's,
I wanna be forever your's,
I hope you don't make any plans,
We got a future to explore,


Lets go to a place,
Far away,
Where we could stay togather forever and ever,
A place far away,
Where we could stay,
Together Forever and ever,
I'm your's, I'm your's, I'm your's, I'm your's
Forever
and ever I'm your's,
I'm your's, I'm your's, I'm your's, I'm your's
Forever and ever I'm your's,

You're going to a new place,
Can I be your room-mate,
Promise, I ain't two-faced,
I don't want to fill up used space, Oh no
Oh no, Oh

Baby we could start a new phase,
We could start it today,
Us against the world,
Babygirl whatever you say,
I say lets go,

Why won't you be my blue skies,
So I can be your sunshine,
You'll be my horizon,
I'll come to you everynight,
I want you to be my moonlight,
I will be your night-time,
My life would be so dark,
If you didn't shine so bright (Bright),
Forever your's,
Girl I'll be forever your's,
For you I'll trade it all,
This is too good to ignore,
Forever your's,
I wanna be forever your's,
I hope you don't make any plans,
We got a future to explore,

Lets go to a place,
Far away,
Where we could stay togather forever and ever,
A place far away,
Where we could stay,
Together Forever and ever,
I'm your's,

Forever,
I'm your's, I'm your's, I'm your's, I'm your's,
Forever and ever,

I'm your's,
And ever,

Forever and ever I'm your's..


...

I took a deep breath. Somewhere in that singing, I had walked towards Lenne, and ended up standing right in front of her, singing straight into her eyes. She was in awe, rapidly clapping.

"That was so good, Sav! I didn't know you could sing so well!"

Ah, that's right. I've never actually sung to Lenne before. First time for everything, huh? After singing more songs, I looked at my watch. 7:45 pm.

It starts soon...

I told Lenne that we should get going, since I had one final surprise for her. Curious, she got her bag and we headed out, her hand intertwining with mine yet again. I was walking with her when she sneezed.

"Here," I said, handing her a tissue.

"Thank you," she said with a smile.

"I'll get you home soon, don't worry. For now, stick with me for a little longer, okay?"

She blushed for the millionth time today. "Alright."

I took her up this hill outside of town. I made sure we had the perfect spot for what was about to happen. I checked my watched again. 8:59 pm, on the dot.

One more minute.

I looked at Lenne, who looked back at me with a confused expression on her face. I only grinned and pointed at the sky. She looked in the same direction, still confused why we were here, until...

Ka-boom...

She gasped and put her hands to her mouth.

Fireworks. Loads of them. Right in front of us. She looked right at me.

"Sav...what...?"

"I know people," I said. "I asked a friend of mine to set up fireworks for us. Besides, it's almost the New Year, right?"

I looked into her eyes and noticed they were sparkling.

Why is she...?

"Lenne...? No, d-don't cry. Lenne. I'm sorry, was this a bad idea?"

She pouted, tears falling down her beautiful face.

"No... I'm happy, silly. You did all this for me... I'm just so happy!"

Oh...

"I thought you were mad at me..." I confessed.

She shook her head. "Why would I be mad? This is the best day I've ever had... And, um..." She looked down.

I bent down a little to see her face. "And...?"

She slowly raised her head to look at me.

"It was even better... because you were here to share it with me."

...I can't wait any longer.

I heard her make a small squeal as I pulled her into my arms. It took a second, but I felt her put her hands around my back, holding me as well. After what seemed like an eternity, I pulled away, still holding her in my arms. She moved her hands to my chest and looked straight at me, that adorable blush on hers still on her face.

"Lenne..." I started, my confidence balancing itself.

"Y-yes...?" she asked.

"...I... I want..."

I was leaning towards her.

"Y-you want...?"

I noticed her face was slowly coming closer to mine as well, her eyes starting to close.

"I want... to..."

Inches.

"To...?"

Centimeters.

"To... be your-"

"Lenne?"

We both quickly pulled apart to see another guy in the distance, watching us. I looked over at Lenne, then back at the guy that interrupted our almost-kiss. When a firework hit, I was able to see his face more clearly.

...It's HIM.

...

"...V-Vincent...?" Lenne said.

A chuckle. "Heh... long time no see, huh?" He turned to look at me.

"Sav... been a while."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "...Yeah."

See, there's something you should know about this guy.

I don't like him. In fact, I hate the b*****d.

Why?

It's quite simple, really.

...

He broke Lenne's heart.



© 2011 Jiyuu


Author's Note

Jiyuu
Phew, this had to have been the longest chapter I've ever written for anything! I felt that I should add more cliffhangers, so I did. I don't own the songs, though I wish I did, because they're so beautiful! Anyway, the songs are (in order): Arabesque ~Ballad Version~ by Rurutia & Forever Yours by . Listen to them; they're amazing. Sorry it's been a while. I've been dealing with stress at college and writer's block. Not the best combination for a writer... Anyway, I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed typing it! -^_^-

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on October 23, 2011
Last Updated on October 23, 2011
Tags: humor, comedy, romance, drama, Rurutia, Manny X, Arabesque, Forever Yours