Spoken: Sav's Sudden Resolve

Spoken: Sav's Sudden Resolve

A Chapter by Jiyuu
"

Sav cannot seem to come to terms over the fact that Lenne isn't his, so he tries to convince her otherwise. Written in Lenne's POV.

"
This boy. What is he up to? I'm watching Sav staring at me with that look in his eyes. It kind of terrifies me. No, he doesn't have some kind of murder thirst or anything like that. It's just...
His eyes show love.
The kind of love I probably shouldn't deserve. Oh, wow. Way to be emo there (no offense to the emos out there!). Why am I talking like this? Psh, I'm a very optimistic person. Just ask Sav.
...
Okay. That was a lie. Well, not completely. He's the one that shows his optimism. I have it too, but I'm pretty quiet, so not many people can tell. Of course, whenever I'm with Sav, it definitely comes out. Geez, the things this boy does to me. It's ridiculous. Oh, right.
He's still staring at me.
"Hey," I say to him, snapping my fingers to his face. "Sav!"
He appeared to snap out of his trance. "Hm?"
"You were staring at me." He blinked, then developed quite the blush on his face.
"I, um... sorry! Hyun wants me! See you later!" He ran off on me.
...
Yep. He still loves me. His actions just now totally confirmed it. I can't help but smile as I watch him run off to talk to Hyun, the exchange student from South Korea. I can tell he's trying not to look at me. I chuckle.
'He's actually pretty cute when he acts shy like that,' I thought to myself.
...
Hold on. Did I just...? Okay, yes. I did. I won't even fight it. Anyway, our teacher came in, so everyone hustled and bustled to their seats. Hyun sat behind me, while Sav sat in the seat next to mine. See, in this class, we sit at desks fit for two people. I'm sure you can fit the pieces together. Again, he was still looking away from me. I simply smiled at his actions. Our teacher got to the front of the class and smiled gently at us.
"Class, I hope you did your homework this time, because I'm collecting it this time!" she said with a big grin.
Most of the class groaned. See, our teacher, Mrs. Wright, almost never collected homework. It was rare that she would do so, and as you could probably tell, people won't do it if there's no credit for it. Well, if you do it, you end up getting a crap load of extra credit. Sav and I always do the homework, so you can bet our grades are high as hell compared to everyone else's. Hah, and people wonder why our rankings are so high. Anyway, Sav and I, along with a couple of other students, got up and gave her our work. She gave Sav and I her "Of course you two did it" smile. See, Mrs. Wright absolutely adores us. You could say she's a big sister to me, actually. I've helped her with babysitting her 2-year-old son, Hunter, when she and Mr. Wright are out for a while. Sav comes too, just because he says that 'young girls shouldn't be alone in a house with an infant.' I wonder...
Well, Hunter had taken quite a liking to us. He simply adores Sav, always waiting to go to him and lay with him on the couch. I actually have a picture of the both of them sleeping, Hunter laying on Sav, Sav's arm holding him protectively. After I saw that adorable scene, I started to think that Sav would make an amazing father. Of course, I blushed like a lovesick Japanese schoolgirl in the animes. Next thing you know, I'll realize that I'm in love with Sav and leave him love letters in his locker.
...
Pffft, HAHA! Yeah right! Even Sav knows I would never do that! I would have to be drunk, and I don't even drink! Ah, well. After we sat back down, we got started on taking notes for our lecture. Sure, this class isn't English, but Psychology is fun to learn about. Time seemed to go by rather quickly, because the bell rang as soon as I finished up a sentence. "Whoa, done already?" I said to no one in particular.
Sav looked at me. "Yep! Time sure flies, eh?" I laughed.
"You bet." We got our materials and got out of our seats. We waved goodbye to Mrs. Wright, who waved back, and started heading towards our lockers to get materials for our next classes. My next class was Biology, while Sav's was World History. As soon as I got my textbook, Sav tapped my shoulder. I looked at him.
"Hm? What's up?" He looked at me. Was he nervous?
"Lenne, um... later, can-"
"LENNIE!" a very loud voice called out to me. We both turned to see Penny, a good friend of ours, running towards me. She slammed into me, meaning I received quite the tackle hug. Hell, the force was so strong, I stumbled backwards a bit. I gently patted her back. "Penny. How are you...?"
She pulled back and smiled. "Great! I have good news!!"
"Hm?" She was practically beaming.
"Cameron! He asked me out!!!" She was jumping up and down at this point. Both Sav and I were shocked. Cameron...? THAT Cameron?
"THAT Cameron?" Sav asked. I guess he read my mind.
Penny turned around and nodded excitedly. "We have been getting closer lately. Just last week, he walked me home! And then today, right before I was heading to class, he grabbed my arm, pulled me into a hug, and told me he loves me!"
Both Sav and I were surprised. Cameron has always been a pretty quiet guy. For him to spend so much time with someone, and do something so brave, well damn. He must really like Penny. According to her, he even said the word 'love.' I guess he's really falling in love. Honestly, I felt a slight tinge of jealousy. However, once I looked at Sav, it faded. I ran around Penny, faced her, and gave her a tackle hug.
"Penny! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you." She grinned at me.
"Thanks, Lennie! So when are you gonna fall in love too?"
I swear, I could FEEL Sav's eyes on me.
"Who knows?" I answered. Penny pouted.
"Better be soon. We could double date then!" I rolled my eyes and chuckled.
"Yeah, yeah. We'll see." Penny smiled. She then looked at her clock, and her eyes got wide.
"OH! I'm supposed to meet Cameron at the gym! I'll see you guys later!" And bam, she was off. She stopped to turn around and wave at us. We waved back, and she was on her way out of here again, obviously excited to see her new boyfriend. I sighed. Sav looked at me.
"What's up?" I looked at him.
"Nothing, just... all that energy from that girl. Wore me out!"
"Haha... hey, um. Lenne." I turned my entire body to face him.
"Yes?" I swear his body reacted in a very interesting way.
"I, um... later on today, do you want to-"
"BRRRRRRRING!" The bell.
...
Crap.
"Class..." Sav shook his head. "Lenne, I'll see you later, okay?" I nodded.
"Yeah, sure... see you!" He grinned and started to run in the opposite direction as me. Considering the bell that rang was the minute bell, I would have to hurry to Bio. So, I ran too, not too concerned with who I would bump into. I had a class to make! I had made it into class ten seconds before the next bell rang. I sat in my seat, breathless. I felt a hand pat my back.
Penny.
"Never thought I'd see you rushing to a class, Lenne," she teased. I laughed.
"Yeah, well... things tend to change, eh?" She winked.
"True that."
Grabbing my water bottle, I took at big chug of it, and got out my materials. Today's class would be nothing but notes, notes and more notes. Oddly enough, Sav came to mind as I was writing. 
'He was trying to say something... I wonder what...?'
...
After class, I went back to my locker once again to get my materials for my all-time favorite class: English.
'YES!' I thought to myself. 'The best class of the day has finally arrived! I suppose that saying, 'Always save the best for last' really is true.' Once I closed my door, I turned to see Sav leaning against his own, looking straight at me. Honestly, I jumped a little.
"Sav! Geez, don't scare me like that... I didn't even hear you approach me..."
He didn't say anything. Sav, silent? The hell... was the world ending? I blinked.
"Sav...? Is something wrong?" I looked into his eyes. He wasn't sad, or really happy either. Was it... determination? What...?
"Sav... what-!"
The next thing he did shocked me.
He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a tight embrace.
Now, if you think THAT was all he did, think again, for what he said next almost made me faint like Hinata Hyuuga from the anime, 'Naruto.'
"Lenne." I blinked.
"Y-yes...?" Did I just stutter...? I really AM turning into Hinata.
"...Go on a date with me."
...
...
...What?


© 2011 Jiyuu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on September 16, 2011
Last Updated on September 16, 2011