Enter: Lenne, the Perfectionist Girl

Enter: Lenne, the Perfectionist Girl

A Chapter by Jiyuu
"

I know I love her... Not sure if she loves me, though. Yep. Definitely not. Written in Sav's perspective.

"
Hey guys! Sav here. What's up? Oh, this mark? It's just something that Lenne gave me. Oh! She's my childhood friend. Known her since birth. ...Don't ask how that works. Anywho, let's go back to my mark. Yeah, um... she hit me. See, I sneezed on her. 
...
Don't give me that look! It was a complete accident. 'Don't smirk, don't smirk!'
...Oh.
I smirked. Oh well. Okay. I did it on purpose. I didn't think she would hit me that hard, though. Those kickboxing classes she's been taking recently must have came in handy. Maybe I should touch it...?
...
Ouch. Bad idea. Ah, well. I did deserve it. I mean, I sneezed on her. Purposely. Not the first time I've done it, but... I don't know. She might be seriously angry with me right now. Maybe I should...?
I decided to take a peek at her, just to see what she was doing. She was silently reading her current favorite book, 'Playing for Pizza' by her all-time favorite author, John Grisham. All the books she has by the guy... It's like a mini-library in her room.
"Hey, Sav!" someone called out to me. "I'm so sorry about that bruise you have..." I looked to see who was talking to me.
Iris Jenning.
Most popular girl in school. Attractive. Yeah, you'd think I'd be all over that. Well, here's the thing.
I'm not into w****s. And boy, she is the BIGGEST one in this school. She's slept with every member of the football, basketball AND soccer teams. Needless to say, she's been around. Hm... even if she wasn't like that, I seriously wouldn't even attempt to date her.
Why?
Because of Lenne. You see... truth of the matter is...
I love her.
And not just some silly teen "puppy love" thing. I LOVE her. Everytime I see her, I have to stop myself from blurting out how I feel again.
...
Yeah. I said again. It's happened before, and well... Let's say things didn't go too well. I was young, er... YOUNGER than what I am now. Geez, can't make myself sound so old, huh? Uh, wait. What was I...? Oh, right.
Iris.
"Oh, yeah. Thanks, Iris. I'm fine." I replied with my so-called 'trademark grin.'
She had a look in her eyes that said, "Sleep with me," but I wasn't having that. So before the words could even escape her pink lips, I excused myself and walked towards Lenne.
Iris grumbled, but walked away.
Most likely to find another "Friend with Benefits."
I had gotten to Lenne and blew on her neck. She made an adorable little squeal and turned towards me, holding her neck with just a hint of pink on her cheeks.
Oh yeah. I made her blush.
Win for Sav.
"W-what do you want?" she asked. I grinned.
"Nothing. Just wanted to be near you." I replied. The look on her face showed that she knew it was more than just a 'want to be near you' type of thing.
"No, really," she said. "What's up?"
I sighed. "Iris."
Lenne rolled her eyes. "That s**t. I swear, she won't stop until she gets knocked up and abandoned."
I looked at her with a little shock. It didn't surprise me that Lenne talked like that, not at all. It's just... well. When it comes to girls acting like how Iris does, Lenne does NOT approve of it. Lenne is what people would call a perfectionist. She doesn't like to be behind in anything. She strives to be the best at everything. Honestly, I think she still holds this grudge she's had with me for a while. I was born 5 minutes earlier than her, so yeah. She wasn't too happy about it when she found out. Can't say I blame her. I would be a little disappointed too if I was in her place. But, I'm not, so I can brag to her about it all I want. Anyway...
"Lenne, language," I told her. Again, she rolled her eyes.
"Yeah, yeah..." I grinned. Yep. This was the girl I had fallen in love with all those years ago. Without realizing, I had started to completely stare at her beauty.
5'7''. Pretty tall for a girl. Naturally tan skin... she's mixed, so. Long dark brown hair. God, in the sunlight... her hair looks like a soft hazelnut color. And... haha, she's wearing glasses today. I didn't realize my grin had faded into a simple smile until...
"Sav, I seriously hope you finished the English assignment for---oh." Lenne stopped talking when she saw me.
I wasn't grinning. I wasn't frowning. No, rather I was...
Gently smiling to her. With a look of love and affection. It was a smile that no one has ever seen, other than my mom and dad... and Lenne, of course. It was for her anyway. Only for her. I refuse to let anyone else see it, so if I ever do smile like this, Lenne and I were usually alone when I did.
God, I want to kiss her right now. The way she's looking at me right now... I wonder how long I'll hold out for. It's killing me how I can't kiss her in public, or out of the blue. I wish to see her face, grinning to me and only me. If she cries, I want her to cry on MY shoulder. Ah, but that can't happen. She doesn't love me like I love her. That thought snapped me out of my brain.
"Huh...? Oh, right. English. Don't worry, I did it all!" I gave her a thumbs up. Once again, she rolled her eyes, but she smiled as she was doing it.
"Well, good then. I can't compete with you if you're slacking off."
"Hah, I'm not giving up my Rank 1 status." Lenne then poked my cheek.
"I'd rather you don't." Weird thing is, she said it in such a soft voice, it almost came off as a whisper. It surprised me, and worried me. I got a little closer to her face, to see if her eyes were getting watery.
"...Because I don't want an easy win! You better give me your all, Sav!" I practically jumped back from her new burst of energy. Well, that's Lenne for you. She would always do the same thing whenever she was feeling down. Knock it off like it was nothing serious to begin with. However, I wish she would come to me for help or advice... like she used to. Ah, well. We're Seniors in high school now. We've grown up; can't exactly re-live the past, right? Still, if only...
If only she would love me... then I wouldn't have to battle my inner demons like this anymore. Lenne... please...
Learn to Love Me.


© 2011 Jiyuu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on September 14, 2011
Last Updated on September 14, 2011