The Nature of the Apocalypse

The Nature of the Apocalypse

A Chapter by Jordan
"

What exactly IS this apocalypse??

"

When we hear of the apocalypse, we often think of the Book of Revelations in the Bible. The reason for that is most likely because of the amount of power that Christianity has gained here in the Western world in the last 2000 years, and the fact that two authors decided to make a multimillion dollar business venture into writing a fictitious account of the apocalypse, based upon the Bible.

However, while we hear plenty of people talking about the apocalypse and that it is upon us- we never see people truly living like it is the end times. And I am not referencing everyone getting saved, everyone flocking to churches- I’ve recently had a change of heart on that myself- but rather in how they treat their fellow people and creatures upon this planet.

But but but..

No. No buts. I realize the cognitive dissonance this may cause some of you, but I am not touting the end times. Honestly, it will probably happen the year that there are no prophecies or proclamations of the end being nigh, because then we will not be looking for it. I have noticed God seems to perform a sleight of hand, when you are least expecting it.

And that’s even if God is the one that ends the world and us.

What do you mean if God does it??

I mean…

We treat each other like s**t constantly on this planet, we show absolutely no respect to the planet, and never mind how we treat the various other creatures upon this Earth. We are constantly fighting with each other, going to war, developing bigger and badder technology, all the better to destroy each other with, and we refuse to even help the homeless person the corner because they are lazy and need to get a job.

We allow animal testing that, if a child did some of the stuff that these people do to animals in the name of science, then that child would be hailed as a future psychopath. They put acid in rabbits’ eyes, knowing all too well what acid does. This is what goes on in the animal testing centers, people.

We aren’t paying attention to how the polar ice caps are melting, whole ecosystems are disappearing, there are record snow storms in places that did not have them before, record temperatures in places that are not usually as cold, and the sun is burning brighter than it ever has. We allow smog to fill our air and our lungs, we poison ourselves with chemicals in our food and medicine, and yet we sit and stare at the drivel on the b**b tube that they spoon feed us.

Yet we worry more about God’s wrath concerning gay marriage.

The Nature of the Apocalypse

My point in saying all that is this; we do these horrible things, stand idly by, or refuse to speak out, or even speak out in support of it, but we’re worried about God destroying us? We’re worried about God’s wrath?

The nature of this apocalypse is one full of greed, hatred, bigotry, and selfishness. The apocalypse, should it ever happen, will most likely occur at our own hands because we were too blind and arrogant to take care of our fellow man, fellow creatures, and the Earth that so graciously provides for us in so many ways.

We will destroy ourselves before God has a chance to.



© 2014 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on April 2, 2014
Last Updated on April 2, 2014
Tags: apocalypse, Book of Revelations, end of the world, religion, Christianity, if God does it


Author

Jordan
Jordan

Crossville, TN



About
•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*• ❤ ☮✞✡ "You guys are all into th.. more..

Writing
Shaken Shaken

A Poem by Jordan