Depression and Sorrows in a cup.

Depression and Sorrows in a cup.

A Chapter by Kelly Catherine.

Lynn ran in squeaking as she usually does when something is out of the ordinary. Bubba looked annoyed. You could say he didn't really like getting interupted. Especially by Lynn.

Lynn  schuffled in with a tray of coffees. She placed them on the nightstand table next to Codys bed and then engulfed me in a hug, If she hugged me any tighter they would have to check me into my own room for broken ribs and most likely some internal bruising and-or bleeding. After she squeezed the air out of me Lynn grabbed me by the shoulders and shook my around like I was in a trance. Lynn isn't one to formally start off a conversation (Or normally for that matter) so she exclaimed, "Oh my gosh Kitti I'm so so sorry I can't imagine what you're thinking right now! Don't worry everything will be fine unless he dies then I know a really good therapist I can recommend you to and!-" "Lynn! Calm down please I really don't wanna think about that right now! And besides... I told you not to call me Kitti anymore it makes me sound like a little kid." Like that would ever happen. One time someone gives you a silly nickname in the sixth grade and it stays with you until high school.

"Okay okay sorry the news just sorta took us all by surprise." There was a bit of hesitance in Lynn's voice. Wait a second- Us all? That made me curiouse. "Wait Lynn wait, what do you mean us all?" Lynn tilted her head like she had a reason to be confused. "Well the whole gang of course. Myself, Maddison, Katrina, Kia, Jorjia, Harlo, Morgan, everyone." My mind was spinning. Could everyone have known about this before I did? That didn't seem fair to me. But oh well, gossip spreads fast in high school.

"Ughhh thanks Lynn. A bigger headache is really what I needed right now." Lynn half smiled. "Aw I'm sorry but I got something that will make up for it." She chimed and ran over to the nightstand and grabbed one of the coffees from the tray. "Extra cream and sugar- French vanilla." This really did make up for it. I hugged Lynn and gulped down half the coffee. I didn't even feel it burning my throat until I started crying again.

Lynn had to leave after a few minutes so it was just Bubba and I left in the room again. We both turned to each other knowing what would come next. Why Cody was in this hospital. Bubba was the first to speak. "I guess it's about time I spilled, huh?" I bit my lip and grasped the coffee cup tighter in my hands. I took a sip and sighed. Depression and sorrows in a cup never tasted so familiar. "I guess so."



© 2009 Kelly Catherine.


Author's Note

Kelly Catherine.
New chapter soon if I feel like writing. Hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it alot! but...The names all confuse me...Am I Lynn?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 9, 2009


Author

Kelly Catherine.
Kelly Catherine.

MA



About
[IMG]http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo329/stupiddlaura/wlcome.gif[/IMG] My name is Kelly Catherine. I am 13, going on 14 shortly, if you will. I come here to write, and read others work. Why yo.. more..

Writing