Someone To Catch Me

Someone To Catch Me

A Chapter by Kelly Catherine.

My heart froze. I felt an unexpected emptiness surge through my body as I stood there like a puppet with it's strings cut. Limp and lifeless. You would think that there were a million other purple plaid jackets in the world like this one but things were different in this case. I didn't even recognise this jacket at all. It just hung there, almost like it was staring at me. More importantly, Cody had been seen leaving with a girl in a jacket just like this one.

To many questions were running through my head. Was I the girl that night? How do I not remember anything about it? Where did this jacket even come from? Deep down  in my sub-conscionse, do I really know what happened to Cody? So many questions, and no answers to be found. I guess I'd just have to answer them as I go along.

That headache of mine got worse. I grabbed the jacket off the hook and ran upstaires to my bedroom. Why did I feel like I should be in trouble for something? I mean, there was no possible way I could have been the one to put Cody in that hospital. But... Who knows, maybe there was something my memory wasn't telling myself.

My room was messy as usual. I felt like something was crawling in my skin so to occupy it I cleaned. Of course I finished in no more than twenty minutes. Why couldn't I clean like this any other day? It would save me a lot of complaining and nagging from an annoying mother.

The wind howled and an eery chill wen't down my spine. Then suddenly it felt like the room was on fire- In the middle of December. I needed sleep desperately. That stupid jacket layed on my desk chair as I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a camisole. Temptation came over me all to quickly. I sat on my bed and grabbed the jacket tracing the seams with my fingers, and hesitating to just rip it apart then and there. I slowly began slipping my arms through the sleeves until the jacket was rapped around me snugly, almost like a straight jacket. I pulled up the zipper even more slowly. It felt like the higher the zipper got the more it suffocated me.

I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't recognise myself, I thought the mirror would break. My head began throbbing intensely and my legs began to wobble. The room went from hot to cold in a split second. I grabbed my head and groaned with pain. I started to fall back and hust before I hit the bead... It felt like someone was catching me. My eyes stayed shut as I winced from the headache. I was then layed down gently to sleep. I heard a low rummage through my room and the window cracked open. I was to tired to look around. My body lay cold and limp on my bed, and I dreamed.



© 2009 Kelly Catherine.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:DDD I lovee love love the book so much. Keep up the good work : ]

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on August 9, 2009


Author

Kelly Catherine.
Kelly Catherine.

MA



About
[IMG]http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo329/stupiddlaura/wlcome.gif[/IMG] My name is Kelly Catherine. I am 13, going on 14 shortly, if you will. I come here to write, and read others work. Why yo.. more..

Writing