Why Godwin's Law is Wrong

Why Godwin's Law is Wrong

A Chapter by Brandon Langley

Recently, Floridian Democrat, Representative Alan Grayson, compared the Tea Party to the Ku Klux Klan. I find this to be incorrect, despite my admiration of Graysons audacity, the Klan was, at first, a small group of white, southern men who, after losing the Civil War, decided to terrorize Northerners, soon after, it was informally disbanded. In 1915, with the release of the silent film, The Birth of a Nation, the Klan regained power; the film depicted the clansmen as heroic men who saved white women from evil black men, forming a Second Wave of the KKK. But, despite its resurgence in power, the Klan never managed to gain a strong foothold in the American government. The Nazi party, on the other hand, is a great depiction of the Tea Party. It began as a small group after the economic depression of Germany after the First World War, and represented a small percentage of the population. But, due to their belief that Jews were to blame for the German loss of World War I, the Nazi partys beliefs became very popular among the German people. This led to the rise of the Nazi party, the Third Reich, Hitler, the Holocaust, and World War II.  Godwins law states that any political comparison to Nazis is inherently invalid, that by the time that you have to resort to calling someone a Nazi, that you have lost your argument. But, this is incorrect, as the comparison of the Nazi Party and the Tea Party is completely valid. The Tea Party and the Nazi Party arose under the same conditions, in the midst of a depression, the Germans due to the war debts, and the Tea Partiers due to the Housing Bubble, peaking in 2006. They both falsely blamed someone or a group of people for the economic depression, for the Nazis, it was the Jews, and for the Tea Party, it was Obama. Godwins law allows ignorant people to easily and falsely dismiss the valid theories of many people with the simple argument of They didnt kill millions of people, did they? Most comparisons to the Nazis are true, as they correctly describe the corrupt upbringing of the Nazi party, and implying that whatever group they are describing, in this case, the Tea Party, may lead down the path of growing tremendously in political strength, and being able to do basically whatever they want, which the Tea Party has already done, demonstrating their power with the Government Shutdown.



© 2013 Brandon Langley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

462 Views
Added on October 25, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013
Tags: important, kkk, gowin, law, godwin's law, Ku, Klux, Klan, Ku Klux Klan, Hitler, Nazis, Nazi, Holocaust, etc.


Author

Brandon Langley
Brandon Langley

Virginia Beach, VA



About
I hat my life. more..

Writing
H+ H+

A Story by Brandon Langley