Reading Is Better Than Listening and Doing!

Reading Is Better Than Listening and Doing!

A Chapter by 𝐋.𝐂.

Reading Is Better Than Listening and Doing!

Reading is the best method to learn because it is convenient, accurate, and supported by visual aids. You’ll see the explanations and examples about these reading’s advantages in the following paragraphs.

First of all, you can read at any place and any time you want. For example, you can read books when you are traveling, waiting for MRT, or eating. On the other hand, other  learning methods  such as listening to speeches or doing experiments can only be completed in specific locations. Even though you can actually experience the process of whatever you’re learning, it’s still not a great learning method because you can only do these activities in classes or laboratories. Therefore, you have more chances to learn if you chose reading as your favorite learning method .

Secondly, books are usually right. Books are the writers’ concentration of thoughts and knowledge, and most authors thought carefully before their work was presented to the public. If the thoughts or knowledge they put in the books are wrong, readers may send messages to the writers to correct their mistakes. Additionally, sometimes people will protest against the mistakes written in books. On the other hand, speaking is a spontaneous action, and people tend to say whatever they thought at that moment. As a result, people may put less attention on their words as they speak, and the listeners may thus misunderstand what the speakers mean easily. Compared to listening, reading books has a higher chance for you to learn the “right” knowledge.

Lastly, most books have pictures. Therefore, visual aids can help you learn and memorize things. For example, science textbooks usually have graphs and charts beside the text, so everything is organized and clear. Compared to listening, which is hard for the listeners to picture in their mind, reading have higher chance to get what the writer meant. Different people use different words to describe the same things, so it’s possible for the listeners to get the wrong idea if they learn through listening only.

Reading is a better learning method than listening and doing because of the above reasons. Even though there are some advantages reading doesn’t have, but doing and listening do. But reading’s convenience, accuracy, and objectivity make it the better learning methods than others.


 



© 2016 𝐋.𝐂.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on August 29, 2015
Last Updated on July 23, 2016


Author

𝐋.𝐂.
𝐋.𝐂.

Writing
Star Star

A Poem by 𝐋.𝐂.


TAT TAT

A Poem by 𝐋.𝐂.