What Movies Can Tell Us

What Movies Can Tell Us

A Chapter by 𝐋.𝐂.

What Movies Tell Us

  It is always nice to watch a movie after the tiring days, but have you ever noticed that movies are telling us about their countries? First, movies can tell us about the country’s appearance. For example, the movie, Lucy, was filmed in Tataocheng (大稻埕), which is now known as the south-west area of Datong District in Taipei city. In the movie, we could see the street views of the night market and a bird’s eye view of Taipei city. Another two examples are The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, movies that were shot in New Zealand. These movies explored the amazing natural landscape in New Zealand, and surprised us with the fact that it isn’t computer art. Second, movies sometimes were the undated version of history with modern audio and visual effects. This can remind us of the mistakes made by our ancestors or us in the past, and we should be aware not to let the tragedy happen again. For example, Star Wars 2 was believed to be the retelling of the Roman Republic and 911, for its trick to use fear of the others to gain power. Also, the idea of using outer threats to consolidate political powers in the movie, Attack of Titan, was similar to the Martial Law period in Taiwan. Third, characters in the movies can sometimes reflect the country’s moral principle, so characters created by different countries might not have the same response or attitude toward similar events. For example, the main characters of SAO (Sword Art Online) aren’t as active as those in Star Wars. In fact, most Japanese characters have personalities such as quiet, low-key, and pessimistic because of the moral principle influenced by Samari Spirit from the past. Unlike the main characters of SAO, who are video gamers that choose to stay away from others and the real world, main characters in Star Wars are mostly the active ones who stand up and try to solve problems. Therefore, we can know the spirit of different nationalities from these movies. In summary, movies can tell us many things about the country where they were made.








© 2016 𝐋.𝐂.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You mean the "Prequels" when you were talking about Star Wars?

The weird thing is that "The Empire" is based on Nazi Germany, but Hitler was appointed by the Kaiser and Prime Minister for his position.

Julius was given his power by the leadership because of his glory, his agenda was oddly enough to make Rome stronger by dealing with all the corruption.

He was then killed by powerful men who wanted to keep their power, who then went to work fighting amongst each other for more power.

But other then that, this is a fine read; very good.

Posted 8 Years Ago


𝐋.𝐂.

8 Years Ago

Yes, the prequels. I thought the one base on the Nazi Germany is The First Order. Um... well, I gues.. read more
DRAGO

7 Years Ago

all star wars is good, the only time when it is possible not to be good is if it's made by disny

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 3, 2016
Last Updated on July 23, 2016


Author

𝐋.𝐂.
𝐋.𝐂.

Writing
Star Star

A Poem by 𝐋.𝐂.


TAT TAT

A Poem by 𝐋.𝐂.