Nothing without the Basics

Nothing without the Basics

A Chapter by 𝐋.𝐂.

Nothing without the Basics

  I believed our government should spend more money on basic needs instead of on developing computer technology. To begin with, basic needs, such as water system, roads, electricity, are needed for developing a country’s economy. For instance, irrigation system can efficiently transport water to different places, which may increase the output of crops significantly. Roads decrease the time of traveling throughout the whole country and also facilitate logistics within the country. Without electricity, automatic production lines will stop and every product will have to be made by hand. To pay for more workers to make the same amount of products, the price of the goods will definitely go up. Unfortunately, customers won’t buy products with the same quality but relatively high prices, which means some of the factories may be closed down due to financial problems, and thousands of people may lose their jobs. Also, the construction of the infrastructure provides a lot of jobs�"factories to make materials, engineers to design, workers to build. Moreover, once these projects are finished, it benefits not only a small part of the population but most people in this country. On the contrary, developing computer technology may benefit only a small amount of people. Factories may set up in remote areas and may deceive on poor people, making them work hard but give them relatively low pays. Therefore, developing computer technology will only increase the wage of a fairly small group of people�"those who have special skills in computer engineering. Moreover, this might make the gap between the rich and the poor bigger and cause social issues. Even though developing computer technology may bring in new services, and customers are willing to spend money on new products, without electricity, none of these technological devices will work. Since high-tech industry needs people with professional skills, corporations may increase wage to recruit highly-educated students from universities. In other words, developing computer technology may be the faster way to accelerate a country’s economic growth, but without the infrastructure as a backing, it will be impossible. In summary, governors should spend more money on people’s basic needs rather than on the development of computer technology.



© 2016 𝐋.𝐂.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on July 23, 2016
Last Updated on July 23, 2016


Author

𝐋.𝐂.
𝐋.𝐂.

Writing
Star Star

A Poem by 𝐋.𝐂.


TAT TAT

A Poem by 𝐋.𝐂.