Her

Her

A Chapter by One Lost Anti-Hero

Hello boy.” She was there again, a pure person roaming through our time and space with ease. She didn’t have a name nor did she ever show her face to me. It was always blurred making it impossible to tell what her beauty resembled. “How is the seven billion, nine hundred sixty-two million, eight hundred fifty-four thousand, thirty-second human to be born on this rock doing.” Same introduction as usual. The number was my label to keep her organization in check.

“How do you even keep up with a number like that? Do you make it up?” I asked.

“That’s rude you humans had a woman that solved a math problem with an answer in the trillions in a minute, why can’t a god keep track of your race’s total population? Also this is the fifth time you've asked that.” She never showed weakness, she always had the answer and she was always right.

“Are you really god?” I asked.

“Hey, don’t go all religious on me. I mean do I look like a man to you? Also just cause my skin is white doesn’t mean I’m Caucasian either and my gender and age made me appear as an old man that one time, so I would like to leave religion out of it. Fourth time you've asked that.” Her confidence and motions were unmatched.

“Why did you look like that?” I didn't know why, but asking questions to a person who I was taught to be all knowing felt pretty comforting. I mean this is the person who is always watching over us, supposedly, and will protect us from everything.

“It was an after effect of creating the five percent and well I hadn’t been cured just yet. Third time you've asked that” Even with such a strange sentence she managed to become more luminous.

“You were sick. If our god is like this I wondered how we even got this far.” I responded.

“I’m the lord and I’m being treated like a child by a mere human, how humiliating.” She continued to shine. Her voice empowering, yet gentle and it alone manage to keep me from losing all my marbles.

“By the way what was the five percent you spoke about earlier?” I asked.

“You should really pay attention in you science classes. I mean you are a high school student right? It’s the matter that makes up everything we are able to see. All the galaxies, stars and laws that define our society are just five percent that I barely manage to create.” I couldn’t stop focusing on her.

“That’s pretty weak god.” I was impressed that our science was actually accurate about something.

“You try being an entity holding all that matter you can for a day.” Her motions were decisive; unwavering as she spoke with great wisdom. “It’s like holding an endless supply of infants in your entire body.”

“No thanks.” Glad I’m a human male so I didn’t have to deal with all that pain.

“I’m surprised that you were able to contact someone like myself.” She sighed.

“Why?” I asked.

“ It's because I have taken my existence away from the world and haven’t interfered for a long time so having someone to talk to is kind of fun.” She bore a sad smile making her seem more human than mystical.

“I see. Wait you said that you made five percent of the universe right?” I was shocked about learning that five percent of the universe was everything I ever knew, but then what was left.

“Yea, but I don’t see why that…” Even when confused she was brighter than the sun.

“Who made the rest?” I asked.

She gently smiled and whispered. “That’s a secret. Well it’s about that time again; say hi to the seven billion, nine hundred sixty-two million, eight hundred fifty-four thousand, fifty-fourth human for me.”

“Who?” How would I possibly know a person using that number?

“Miss Aerona silly. Now that I remember her birthday’s on August twenty-sixth. Isn’t that yours as well?” She pulled out a bright screen with a hospital room in it. “Let’s see oh here it is; you were born three seconds before her at exactly 11:59 a.m. in the morning. Wow this is strange you two were born at the same hospital too, at Baylor Medical center.” I was overcome with the immense pressure coming from the screen. Not only did she know my own origin, but to able to show me the exact time and date as well. I saw my father and mother sitting together holding me and my brother was napping on a nearby chair.

“Do you have this knowledge for all humans?” I asked my final question.

“Is the universe constantly expanding because Ten-. I mean dark energy is forcing it too? Also nice questions, maybe next time you won't use all of it on repeats.” With those words I woke up on my couch drenched in sweat. To my surprise Aerona was passed out beside me. She was holding my hand as her head gently lay on my chest. I didn’t know what to do, but I knew for a fact that a lady should not rest that way. It was bad for the back. I covered my sweat with a blanket and rested her head on the opposite end.

“There’s no way that she was born on that day right? Way too coincidental, but that would make for a good romantic novel though. I know for sure that this isn’t a novel.” I tried to convince myself, but I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I looked at Aerona sleeping face while trying to wrap the idea around being b-day buddies with her. 



© 2015 One Lost Anti-Hero


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good ending. I like the pace and the flow of the story. Making each situation important. The story kept my attention and I wanted to read and know more. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


One Lost Anti-Hero

8 Years Ago

This one is on haitus til I finish the rest of Earth Bicolap because it is one that I wanted to work.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Please send read requests. This way I can find the story.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 16, 2015
Last Updated on January 16, 2015


Author

One Lost Anti-Hero
One Lost Anti-Hero

TX



About
I'm just a person that can be described in very few words. Shy, simple, and human are just to name a few. I like to put on a mask and use various personalities to try to make things as relaxing If we .. more..

Writing