Parents Evening

Parents Evening

A Chapter by Alex

Hi again! Anyway, like I mentioned last time, my scheme to get Maximilian to break up with Ella failed. Thing is, Ella and I are really good friends, so I don't want her to know what I do in my spare time (that is, try to break her and her boyfriend up).
Maximilian got really, really, really angry with Ella. He likes to keep his girlfriends all to himself, so he doesn't let them speak with other boys. They're normally quite good at this, but some don't do as he says, which pisses him off. He much prefers them to fawn over him and do everything he wants them to.
The problem with Ella is that she's very popular, though that just comes of dating Maximilian, but as she's so pretty, boys will naturally come up to speak with her. And, of course, she continues the conversations because she is quite friendly too.
Anyway, today was a parent-teacher conference day, which meant that Maximilian's parents came in. His mom is really nice, but his dad is always really busy with work so we don't get to speak very often.
We'd already met up with Trisha and her mom at the start, but Ms Lee had gone off to deal with Trisha's teachers so she was staying with my family for a few minutes.
"Casey, calm down. I have to speak with Kurt and Louis' teachers too, and with the baby on its way you know I can't run."
I nodded, then noticed Henriette Denvers sitting at the English table. "Mom, I think my English teacher really wanted to talk to you."
She sighed and turned to my father. "Sam, could you go speak with Kurt's teacher please? I have to take this." My father nodded and walked through the crowd.
My mother headed over to the English teacher's table. She smiled at Maximilian's mom. "Hi, I'm Clarissa Collins," she smiled, holding her hand out.
"Henriette Denvers. And my husband," she looked around and waved a tall, dark haired man over, "Richard." She had a slight French accent, which made sense considering her heritage.
Richard Denvers was on the phone, as usual. He had one of those strange bluetooth thingies which I kind of dislike, because they make you look like you're talking to yourself. He waved a little and returned to his conversation.
"Your daughter is in class with Maximilian, yes?" Henriette asked. I nodded in reply. She turned her attention to me. "Your name is Casey, isn't it? I remember, you were at Maximilian's party last week, and we spoke."
She was seriously so nice, and she even remembered me from last time we'd met. That was why I liked her so much.
Maximilian came over then. "Oh my God, mom, like, my math teacher wants to, like, talk with you and dad, like, now."
"Look, darling, it's your friend Casey and her mom!"
Maximilian looked down at me and scowled, muttering something about us not being friends and his dislike of having to speak to me now. Then he brightened up, beaming at my mother.
"Hi, Mrs Collins, right? It's so wonderful to meet you. Casey's said so many kind things about you."
Trisha rolled her eyes. "Such a faker," she whispered in my ear. "He does this so all the parents will think he's so charming when he's actually an evil little b*****d."
My mother was currently being completely won over by Maximilian, somewhat like the way I had been. He was complimenting how well she looked for being eight months pregnant and my mother was loving it.
"You're so kind," she told him. "Your parents must be so proud."
He smiled. "Thank you so much, Mrs Collins. If you don't mind, I have to go speak with my father now."
"Of course," my mother answered, then she turned to his mom. "Henriette, your son is so polite."
I let them talk and walked off with Trisha. She seemed incredibly upset by Maximilian's falseness. He was standing off to one side, talking to his dad, who seemed happy enough to listen to his son and his work associates at the same time.
"Casey, hi!" I was greeted by an overexcited Ella Peterson. "How are you? I love these things where we all, like, meet up with our parents. It's so much fun. Anyway, so, like, what's up?"
"Nothing much. I just gotta deal with-"
"OMG, Ella, I love your shoes!" squealed Trisha, cutting me off. I forgot to mention that, but she really, really loves talking about shoes.
"Huh, oh, thanks, Trisha!" Ella grinned at her.
"Where did you get them? They're so nice!"
I started to zone out. Shoes really didn't interest me, even though these were very nice blacks heels.
"Yeah, Maximilian bought them for me from Prada. They cost him $500, and he got them at a discount cos of he did, like, a couple of modelling jobs for them."
Trisha smiled again, even though she disliked the fact that Maximilian bought them. "That's great. I wish I could have some shoes like that."
"Well, I don't really have them," Ella added. "Maximilian says I can have them as long as I'm good and don't disappoint him. Otherwise I have to give them back straight away. He's pretty strict about that."
"Ella, like, hurry up!"
She giggled. "I have to go. It was great to see you! Maybe we can, like, go shopping or something this weekend!"
I nodded in reply. "Sounds great, Ella. See you later!"
Trisha and I went back over to our moms who were waving us over. My own mother nodded at me. "Casey, can you say bye to Trisha now? Mademoiselle Devert says that she wants to speak to you."
"Yes, mum. Bye, Trisha. See you tomorrow." I followed my mom over to the French teacher. I was not good at French, I found it too difficult to learn, especially considering all the accents and the strange pronunciations. 
"Ah, Chelsea Collins, I wanted to speak with you. You are not doing very well in French class, so I thought that you might benefit from tutoring after school?"
My mom nodded. I could tell she was upset by what she was hearing, but compared to what she would be told about Kurt's behaviour in class it seemed amazing. "Of course, I'd love for Casey to take tutoring if it's going to improve her grades. What would you suggest?"
"Perhaps it would be best to have someone nearer the top of the class tutor you?" She went over the class list. "Perhaps Maximilian Denvers could tutor you. He is fluent, after all, and his mother is French, so it should work well. I'll ask when I see them."
This made me grin. I was so excited for tutoring by Maximilian! I'd try really hard and once he saw how great I was at French with his help then he'd start to love me. Besides, I was would really dress up for him so that he could see how pretty I looked for him. He would absolutely love me.
So, I'm really hoping that he says yes. He probably will because his mom will want him to help out.


© 2014 Alex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on July 30, 2014
Last Updated on July 30, 2014
Tags: teen, high school, girls, boys


Author

Alex
Alex

London, London, United Kingdom



About
My name is Alex. Sometimes I like writing. There really isn't that much to say about me, so I apologise. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Alex


A New Girl A New Girl

A Chapter by Alex


My First Tutoring My First Tutoring

A Chapter by Alex