-three- me, them, and "my"

-three- me, them, and "my"

A Chapter by L.L. Lily
"

As a new member of the Garner clan, Quinn would be... Meeting the new family?

"
"That over there," said Lucas pointing at the glass room to their left, "is the training room. You'll be using that often, unless you'd prefer being fried vamp under the hot sun. There is one at the backyard and rooftop as well. "
Lucas flexed his arms tiredly his muscles bulging and gracing his entire psyche, as if walking stiffly had given him stiff shoulders. 

He led Quinn around the corridor, passing by centuries old pottery and paintings from various shapes and sizes, Quinn tried her best to walk stiffly between them hoping her clumsy side wouldn't take away the best of her. Lucas strode forward naming those who occupied the rooms and left alone others that were vacant.

They stopped just in time in front of a man who stepped out of his room. He was years younger than Lucas, his sharp golden hair tousled, neck and neck with Lucas when it came to height. He wore baggy denim jeans and a tightly fit moonlight blue t-shirt that said RESPECT THE FANG OR I KILL YOU in bold lettering in the front.

He eyed Quinn as he leaned against his door, a silver necklace with the initials D.J. like the one elegantly engraved on his door dangled on his neck. "That," Lucas said, his eyes glowering displeasingly at the other man"is Dimitri Johannes. I was told Dimitri was always a probable name to troublemakers, and they were right. A fully fledged fledgling for about three years now, and he sucks at it."

Dimitri scowled, his expression hurt "it's not my fault, I was just following the rules and they were in territory."

Lucas let out a puff of breath, "One must know how to keep good relations with others, and as a candidate for second in command of the Garner clan, you should be able to decipher even that fact in our little study sessions."

Dimitri sighed, "understood my." Dimitri straightened himself bowing slight at Quinn. "And you are?" A seductive grin played in his lips, his eyes danced over her figure, making Quinn wish didn't exist right now.

Behind him, came a female vamp yawning and stretching tiredly as she met Dimitri's side, she wore nothing but a long loosely fit t-shirt, like Dimitri's, 1-800-BITE-ME in bold letterings were delicately scrawled on the front of her chest, her hair like Quinn's slightly darker was tousled around her face, but this only made her look even more attractive in the eyes of men. Like the Persian, her slit cat eyes glared at her with distrust, her bloody beige irises sent a shiver of intimidation down Quinn's spine.

"Ah," Lucas said with a hint of surprise in his voice seeing the woman come from a mans room. The female vamps eyes fluttered, "who is she?" She said stressing on her in general, her words like icy cold daggers piercing Quinn repeatedly in the heart as she said them.

"Dear Quinn, this is Silvia Hammock. Like her name, she brings destruction in her path when furious."

Silvia smiled sweetly, extending her hand towards Quinn. Quinn took it, the moment her fingers met Silvia's her palms felt as if she was squeezing it intently, like a snake wrapping itself on them and squeezing the life out of it, growing tighter to the point it felt as if her bones were all crushed at once.
She jerked her hand away, a red mark from where Silvia had grip was vivid and standing out of her pale skin. She rubbed the area, her fingers shrieking in pain.

As if not noticing the tension between them, Lucas changed the subject casting a glance from side to side looking for someone. "Have any of you seen Elliot?"

Dimitri and Silvia shook their heads in unison. "Haven't seen four eyes since sunrise or the hunt." Said Dimitri, distractedly tugging on his front shirt tail.

"He's probably sulking on his mothers front doorstep. Or locked himself in the study again, you know bookworm calls?" said Silvia pulling her bleached threads into a messy bun.

Lucas exhaled a sigh pinching the bridge between his nose and temples, "very well, we'll be off. You two stay out of trouble."

"No promises my." said Dimitri winking at Quinn as they advanced further down the corridor.


"My," said Quinn breaking the awkward silence between them, for minutes now they had been walking the endless tunnel of a corridor that seemed to lead them nowhere her short figure like a stalker tailing the tall figure ahead of her. "What does that mean?"

"It's what you call someone of a higher class than you. It's short for my lord. A term classically used by older vamps such as myself." 

"Do I have to call you that as well?"

"Whatever you please," Lucas said his lips curled into a side smirk as she walked side by side with him, "I'm not strict with honorifics."

By the time they reached the double doors of the estates study, Quinn was left panting silently. Although the dead didn't even needed to breathe, she was in fact tired. Her legs ached for a break and her body told her she couldn't go any further, wanting to sit after all the endless walking.

The door was slightly open, lights dimmed. Lucas strode inside, Quinn following behind him. "This is the study. All of the oldest literature could be found here, our history, historical artifacts, everything. When your not training, I'd expect you to be of abundance in knowledge. At least twice a week." Lucas crossed to cylindrical styled room, his fingers tracing the leather back spines of the books out of the millions lined up around the room. He glanced at his watch, then at the window across him, drapes pulled back and moonlight spilled across the floor. 
The father clock in its glass casing ticked, tolling in the strike of midnight. He turned to face Quinn sliding closer to her and drawing his arms around her neck, his head inches from hers. Quinn's face flushed, he was too close. 
Cold metal now dangled on her neck, the initials Q.R. elegantly chiseled like Dimitri's clinking together, a perfect match like a pair of keys. 
"Merry Christmas," he said stroking back her hair. "Welcome to the family."

Quinn was left stunned, so that was it, the day had gone so fast she hadn't noticed that it was Christmas Eve. Yesterday she was turned, and now she was a part of a new family - a family she would be with for eternity. She ran her fingers on the silver charm caressing them gently as if they were something far more valuable than her life, tears welling up her eyes, "thank you." She whispered. 

A groan came from the dark depths of the room, thanks to their vamp powered night vision, they both could see perfectly clear in the dark. A dark figure was leaning against the wall, eyes closed behind his spectacles. His cheeks flushed, his complexion due to his previous revelrous actions. He had dozed off, books scattered on his feet and lap. Expression filled with pain and sorrow. His short tousled hair covering part of his forehead. 

Lucas was now right beside him, harshly pulling him up by the shoulder. He fought back, throwing a tantrum like a child, cussing and muttering something in a language Quinn didn't understand.

"Get up boy!" Lucas hissed not sympathetic towards the boy. He looked no older than nineteen when he was turned, Quinn thought pitying him as she imagined how hard it was for him, for she herself couldn't accept the fact deep in her heart either.

"You would never understand," The boy yelped, pulling away from Lucas, eyes bloodshot as his fangs and nails descended. "You're all monsters. You made me a monster!"

"Elliot," Lucas's tone of voice softened, "I know its hard for you, you were there at the wrong time -" he broke off, his hands extending to pat Elliot on the back. 

You were there at the wrong time... Those words played like a despicable broken recorder, she heard that once, she said it, hours ago, when she couldn't accept the fact she was turned. Those words, stinging her chest deep inside as she heard them.

Elliot was now in a crouching position. His nails fully protruding, and fangs shining with his salvia. He darted for Lucas who stood stiffly in the center of the room, expression grim. He barely moved a muscle, didn't even dare to move away from the incoming blow.

Elliot, as fast as the speed of light, leaping and was now half past Lucas was halted in mid aid, his shoulder and neck gripped by Lucas's pianist graced fingers. A snap came from his neck and Elliot collapsed below Lucas, stiff almost as dead as a corpse.

Quinn fell on her knees, pulling the stranger on her laps, tears unknowingly falling down her cheeks. She wasn't related to him, but why was she, out of all people, was crying over him.

Lucas rested a hand over her shoulder, she shrugged them off not intending to be harsh. "He'll probably wake up two days later. Maybe even sooner when hunger takes over him. I didn't snap his neck enough to kill him." Lucas half joked, now urging her up. Instinctively she took his offered hand, gently resting Elliot's head on top of a book and a nearby cloth. There was something about him that assured her, despite the fact that she knew she couldn't trust him, something about his words were so convincing that she wanted to believe him no matter how wrong it felt deep inside her.


© 2013 L.L. Lily


Author's Note

L.L. Lily
Like the story so far? see the rest of the chapters in the most updated story in wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/story/9743901-le-vampyre-diaries. Got an account Follow me, I follow back! Request, dedication is accepted so feel free to comment ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on December 11, 2013
Last Updated on December 11, 2013


Author

L.L. Lily
L.L. Lily

About
Everyone has a beautiful life story, you lead it, life writes it to what we call past or history. No matter how small, every little detail counts. My paper, your pen our hands joined as an beautiful i.. more..

Writing
authors note authors note

A Chapter by L.L. Lily


BUlletproof BUlletproof

A Story by L.L. Lily