-four- only part of a sorrow filled past

-four- only part of a sorrow filled past

A Chapter by L.L. Lily

October 31, 2025 
2 p.m., Atlanta Georgia.

"Have a safe trip Elliot!" Was the last words he heard from the blond with dark blue pools of eyes smiling sweetly as he traded off the same welcoming smile before shutting the doors behind him. He draped his sports bag over his left shoulder and adjusted his specs. 

For a week he had been psyched to go on his first long awaited road trip from Georgia to Florida with his buds. 

As early as a year after graduation, the batch of 2024, would be having a reunion and they were all invited to party at the richest heir and valedictorian's beach house in Florida. 

He had prepared his 'luggage' before hand, packing the usual necessities a teenage boy would need: a week supply of jeans, tee's, toothbrush, comic books and magazines. A solar powered flashlight, back up batteries, and matches. Game consoles and lest he forget, the number one priority of them all, his spec casing and cleanser. His mother had shoved them along with his inhaler and pink hanky insisting that he should keep it besides him at all times.

He flipped a coin between his fingers distractedly, the metal tossing and flipping majestically on the air. 

As if on cue, Tim swiftly parked his rusty pickup truck on his front porch, trails of dust lifting in the air like a cloud of smoke due to the skidding impact of its wheels. 

Emerging from the smoke cloud was two women, in bikini's sitting on the lap of his other buds, Bill and Hardy who were puffing up a ring of smoke with their mouths wide open. 

Elliot tossed his bag aside, and jumped in. The truck skidding in high speed as the entered the abandoned highway. Hardy, cleared his throat, lighting his fifth cigar and offered Elliot. 

Elliot raised a hand, "you know I don't smoke." He said casting a side glance at the chick on his lap. Amanda was her name if he could recall, was giggling with another chick, who Elliot believed was Bill's current interest out of the millions he had met so far. 

"What a sissy." said the beauty with blond hair on Billy's lap, leaning forward as she took a puff off Hardy's cigar.

Elliot's face flushed, not because he felt embarrassed but because he was furious. Unlike Amanda she was rather rude, self centered and he had the sudden urge of wanting to push her off the pick up truck just to damage her unfitting beauty. Women who had the looks but the brain of an ostrich, he thought, shouldn't exist in this world. 

They passed four stop lights, sped even faster as they came across other motorist who'd challenge them on the spot. Elliot pulled out a comic book now, centered on the pages instead of his surroundings. His fingers gripping the page tightly as the wind blew it hastily. 

"Whatcha reading?" asked Amanda her hand on his leg as she leaned forward intently staring at the colored pages on his lap, sincerely curious. 

Elliot's face flushed, her head inches away from his smelled like sweet daisies and roses, his eyes focused on the depression on her chest as she leaned forward. He wished she could back away. But she didn't she only looked up at him waiting for his answer. 

The truck hit a large lump, and everyone was thrown on their backs, Amanda on top of Elliot. Her chest directly rubbing his racing chest, legs spread between his sides.

Elliot's world was spinning around him, he slid away from Amanda who was now on a sitting position, her legs crossed under her. She was wearing a wide teasing grin, one dedicated for him alone. "You're hopeless." She giggled and took her rightful position on Hardy's lap.

By five they were in a large abandoned dusty rocky trail. The cars had receeded a while ago and the sun was beginning to set, tainting the azure skies dusk orange. The tires slowly skidded into a wobbly halt. Tim hopped out of the drivers seat, his long blond curls flying with the east winds breeze. He cussed as he kicked angrily at 4x4 wheeler. Flat tire.

Everyone got off, taking turns to examine the left wheel, which was indeed an inch flat, if they continued on, they would have a blown tire sending all of them flying down the emerging cliff miles away.

"I knew we shouldn't have come along with this s****y ride." Said the beauty, brushing her long blond hair back irritably.

"Yeah Bill," said Tim nonchalantly wrapping chains on the core of his wheels and the inner tow clasp onto the closest telephone pole. "We shouldn't have brought that s**t of a gal with us." He smirked jerking a pointed thumb at the blond who clenched her chest looking offended, "oh don't take it at heart sweet heart, I meant... Well I meant it." 

Steam puffed out of her nose, Billy extended his arms as if to comfort her but instead she brushed them away, "screw you. Screw all of you!" 

Billy shrugged, "well I guess were over then," he turned away flexing his arms and burying it behind his head, "I was getting tired of you yapping anyways, have fun with the coyotes."

Defeated, she stumped away angrily, her hands balled to fist and dust lifting up in the atmosphere every step she took. 

Tim turned to Elliot slamming a victorious high five on both their palms. Billy sighed, "thank god." Everyone including Amanda burst in to laughs, none of them liked the blond bratty chick either. 


*** 
Lucas sat on the edge of the window, mesmerized by the moonlight full and rising high above the sky. Quinn joined him, her hands buried twining behind her.

"It was a Halloween, when he was turned," Lucas started breaking silence, his eyes shinning and glistening as the moonlight illuminated on them shading them a shade of dark green. "He was there at the wrong time."


Dusk soon approaching Elliot and his friends had settled off a few feet away from the trail, setting up a camp site. Hardy and Billy bringing in an abundance of wood, while Amanda roasted the little can goods they had on the open fire. Tim after helping out Elliot in setting up the tents passed his time filing himself with grease and motor oil as he slid under the hood. It was a good time to fix up his ride little by little than staring up at the skies wishing for a miracle such as raining tires or a sudden car appearing out of nowhere on a road trip with spare tire. 

Elliot slid on his tent reading another set of his previous interest. A zip came from behind him and Amanda's face his solar powered flashlight on hand popped in, "dinners ready." She said and left without another word.

He got up, crawling out of his neon colored tent and dusted his jeans. It was dark now, with only the stars, moon, and man made campfire as their source of light. Everyone was gathered around the campfire, sitting in logs and eating their meals in piles of banana leaves. Elliot habitually adjusting his spec took the spot besides Tim, Amanda who was sitting between Tim and Hardy handed him his share of partly burned beans and green peas. 

Thankfully he had packed them in any emergency case such as this, another reason was his unimaginable dietary needs. He felt embarrassed having them especially Amanda savor them, none of them even dared to complain. It was better than nothing. 


"He was on a road trip I think." said Lucas, his slim fingers distractedly tracing the foggy glass window. "I was there when he was turned."


Content with their meals, they entertained themselves telling typical ghost stories to past time.

It was Billy's turn now. His hands rubbing together mischievously as they passed the throne of attention towards him.

"They say vampires exist," he started his voice low and steady, face illuminated orange by the bonfires light. "They smell you're fear through your blood. Hear your heart beating fast, the rushing of adrenaline from miles away. Typically found scouring dark forests like these. If lucky, maybe feast on the teens crowding on a bonfire telling ghost stories." Billy snorted, "at first they listen, whose heart beats faster whose adrenaline rising, whose blood smelled better. Once he knows who to eat first he jumps in and attack..." He turned to face Amanda across him extending his hand to point at her "you!" 

Amanda jumped almost stumbling on her back, but lucky to be caught in Hardy's arms. He yelped laughing at the priceless joke. 

Amanda scowled, eyebrows arching into an ugly frown. She was now on her feet shoving past him "jerk!" She hissed bleakly irritated and disappeared harshly zipping up her tent. 

Hardy followed behind her, pleading a sorry. They were always like that. Like cats and dogs fighting, but eventually forgive each other after a day has passed. 

Resigning to his girlfriend's stubbornness, Hardy stretched, yawning "Hey dude," he said drawing in Elliot's attention. "Can I share your tent?"

"Why me?"

"Because we all know you're straight and won't do anything funny when I'm asleep."


"It began to downpour," Lucas said, his hand balling into a fist and lightly slamming against the glass window, a shy crack forming where his hand lay. "I was tracking someone."


Elliot sat cross legged on the corner of tent, one hand holding a flashlight overhead the other skimming the pages of the book spread across his lap. He squinted, adjusting at the small lettering eating the entire pages of his book, a undesirable foul stench passed his nostrils. He grimaced casting a side glance at Hardy who was sprawled occupying most of the tent space, arms hugging his leg like a pillow and his sweat mixed with drool trailing down his mouth. He lightly shook off his grip, hastily wiping off the trace of his saliva off his foot. The flashlight overhead, flickered and died out the next moment. He let out a sigh, out of all the times, why now, at this most crucial moment. 

He skimmed his bag for spare batteries but had no luck whatsoever finding them. He sighed again, but was cut short by the shivering of the tent due to the breezy nights wind and a high pitch female's screech following after. He waited, making sure he wasn't imagining it, and a second screech came after, longer than the first. Elliot instinctively bolted out of his tent, the shriek stopped. It was pitch black, darkness devouring his whole sight, but thanks to his spec, he was able to adjust to the total darkness in front of him. 

The shrubs across from where he stood, shriveled. Elliot's heart raced wildly as he approached it, the shriveling stopped and something small and furry leapt out. His heart stopped, but his tensed shoulders eased as soon as he identified with relief that it was just a squirrel. 

The shrub behind him shriveled, a few feet away from Billy and Tim's tent lay two shadowed figures, the foul stench grew as he approached it. His eyes widened in sheer horror, right in front of him, laid Billy and Tim, wide eyed and mouth gapping open. Pool of blood surrounded them, a few feet away from both of their sides was something dark scarlet, squishy and circular like a dogs plush toy. 

Elliot's mouth gapped wide open to a scream but before anything could come out from him, a hasty shrivel came from the shrubs again, this time Amanda leapt out. Her clothes shredded and scarlet ran down her lips. She smiled menacingly her teeth showing. They were no longer flawlessly straight and shinny, two evenly gapped sharp incisors shun under the moonlight, scarlet ran down the corners of her lips.

He backed away, his heart beating wildly, head pulsing, blood vessels pounding-buzzing deafeningly in his ears. She stepped forward her grin widening with every step, her eyes dancing hungrily as she looked at him. 

Elliot stumbled back his glasses nowhere in sight and his vision blurred, but this didn't discourage him. He dragged himself tearing his jeans with sharp edged pebbles and soil. He stopped at the shrubs cornered by something tall and slim. Something wrapped itself around him, and Elliot in return let out a deafening low pitch scream. 

Amanda stopped before him, trailing behind her was Billy and Tim, scarlet covering them from behind. A mocking giggle came from behind Elliot, and the rest broke into uncontrollable laughs as well... With the exception of Elliot. He turned to look behind him, it was Hardy who had held him, behind him was the blond chick they had left behind. 

Elliot felt deceived and embarrassed. Shrugging Hardy's grip off him and now jerking up in his feet, Elliot ran out into the dark forest. 

Tim called his name behind him, but he didn't look back, he sped on, tears streaming down his cheeks. He felt like an idiot, felt stupid to be tricked. Who would want a nerd with them in the first place? All along they were just making fun of him, he was just a joke.

Elliot fell on his knees, his vision still blurred as it began to downpour, sweat mixed with acidic rain stinging his eyes. He heard the rest call out to him again. He got up and limped forward, wanting to get away. 

As he strode forward, something fast blockaded his way. It's shadowed profile and aura threatening to his blurred eyes. It let out a hiss and leapt towards him, Elliot stood there frozen as a block of ice. 

***

"I found him sinking his fangs on the poor kids neck, an arm wrapped on his mouth and the other tilting his head to the side... I was too late. He tossed him aside as if he was some kind of weightless rag doll, grinning and disappearing before the night." Lucas paused, his eyes squeezing shut his expression filled with pain. "We aren't like any ordinary vampires you see on horror movies or romantic flicksa bite from a vampyre could turn you within five hours. Like a disease spreading into a large population within minutes building a large scale infected army." 

Quinn stood besides Lucas, stunned and lost of words. What words did a common newborn say to your depressed sire? She extended her arm to touch his shoulder, he cringed, shoulders tensing within her touch but eased and he looked at her. His jaded irises hopeful. 

"It was my fault. Elliot was smart and had a bright future ahead of him, if I caught up to him just in time it wouldn't have to be like this."

"Who is him?" Quinn asked, dropping her hands to her sides as he turned to face her, his tall profile casting a large shadow that hovered over her. He smiled halfheartedly tucking her hair behind her ear and lean forward planting a kiss on her forehead,
"It's getting late, I'll send dinner over to your room."

Quinn frowned displeasingly, her eyebrows knitting into an ugly worm across her flat forehead, "you didn't answer my question."

Lucas tipped her chin up with a finger, his green to jade irises meeting with hers. He brought his face with hers, his breath tickling her nose, his lips moved down and smacked a light kiss on the corner of her lips and cheek. "The sun would rise soon, goodnight."


© 2013 L.L. Lily


Author's Note

L.L. Lily
http://www.wattpad.com/story/9743901-le-vampyre-diaries

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

819 Views
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013


Author

L.L. Lily
L.L. Lily

About
Everyone has a beautiful life story, you lead it, life writes it to what we call past or history. No matter how small, every little detail counts. My paper, your pen our hands joined as an beautiful i.. more..

Writing
authors note authors note

A Chapter by L.L. Lily


BUlletproof BUlletproof

A Story by L.L. Lily