-five- house rules

-five- house rules

A Chapter by L.L. Lily

The next noon came and Quinn slid into denim yoga pants with a perfectly fit purple striped sweater as her chosen top. A sharp knock came from her door and Lucas strode in, his hands as usual buried in his jeans pocket. Quinn stared at his reflection through the large mirror of her wardrobe, her back facing him as she pulled her bleached curls into a tight bun. 

Lucas looked her from top down, an impish grin forming on the corner of his lips as his graze rode and traced the perfect curves of her small body. As if being a sire gave him the benefit of seeing through her clothing, his piercing graze stopped short from her neck down her spine and the visible shoulder blades on her back - a sign of a hard worker, his eyes wondered down her hips, then her bosom, then her thighs hidden under her yoga pants. 

"You're one hell of a pervert my dear sire." Said Quinn winking as she strode past him, stopping half a feet short to pat him on the chest before exiting her room, a wicked grin visibly playing on her lips.

He followed behind her, both of them side by side shoes clacking as they hit the glassy staircase. They met up with the rest who have been crowding around the long rectangle shaped dinner table. Each of various sitting positions, Gaius in a formal leg-crossed-over-the-other, a tea cup and news paper on hand; Silvia's whose head rested on her arms looking bored as she stared at the shiny scarlet wine glass in front of her; Dimitri with his head craned on his palms leaning against the table.

As if immediately spotting their presence, Dimitri waved his hand winking at Quinn as they came close. Silvia across him, shot him a vicious glare but immediately hid it with a smile as Lucas took his spot beside her. Gaius gained the honor to sit on the head of the table, Quinn, without a choice sat between him and Dimitri, her body however was face to face with Lucas like being in a double date.

Expensive chinaware with frilly flower designs was served before them raw flesh of what seemed like lamb limbs evenly sliced into one fourth of proportions occupying most of the platter and accompanying this elegancy were five wine glasses filled to the top with scarlet liquid, this Quinn noticed had a slightly fishy scent, but a lingering essence of a lamb remained. 

Quinn swallowed hard, the idea of raw flesh and blood didn't appeal to her mentally but physically and emotionally. Her mouth began to water and her throat began to quench thirstily. She down the liquid, and her afterthought of the idea as gross, mixed with content.

Elliot joined them, rubbing his eyes from under his specs tiredly. His hair like the night before tousled as if he had just woken up from a nightmare. He took the rightful spot besides Dimitri, pouring himself a glass of scarlet. The glass overflowed, and he cussed. Slamming his specs against the table. 

Removing them, Quinn thought, made him look even younger, cute even, for a nineteen year old boy. Everyone stared at him as he used his sleeve to wipe clean the spill. Awkward silence filling the air.

"So," said Gaius, his eyes directly focused on Quinn, or she thought it was but actually it was lingering on the necklace on her neck. "I see Lucas had given you the tag as part of the Garner clan." His lips curved into a rueful smirk, "it fits you perfectly, just like your eyes."

Quinn nodded, she felt her face flush but not necessarily, blushes didn't show when you were dead because you had no blood pumping through your veins. "Yes." She stuttered, her shaking utterly obvious.

Lucas rose to his feet, dabbing his lips with a napkin. "I believe you're busy till sun rise yes?" 

Gaius blinked, "yes. Why," his lips curved into a smirk, "calling me out for a drink to pass time?" 

Lucas cocked an eyebrow, adjusting the collar of his shirt, "actually, I was thinking you should do your usual house call with them," he said excusing himself as he turned to leave, he casted a glance over a shoulder, his graze meeting Quinn's, "when your done, I'll have you send my Quinn at the training room, we'll be discussing house rules and hopefully spare time for training."

Gaius pouted, his lips puckering up teasingly "I see you already have your favorite." 

***

Darkness filled the training room with the moon as its only source of light. Lucas stepped out into the light his shiny black polished shoes clacking with every step. He stopped at the glass sliding door, the balcony shining through it. His reflection reflected on the shiny surface like a cheap bathroom mirror, pain and sorrow chased each other in his glassy jade eyes. He then lifted his hand, a golden chain necklace with a golden ring dangled on its edge, the mini encrusted diamond winking by the shining hit of moonlight.


The study unlike the previous night was larger and well lit. The orange lights let out by the chandeliers above them suitable for Gaius's examination. Quinn with her new field of vision could point out the books that stood out as she quickly scoured the lines of shelves around the circular built study. Her eyes stopped from the titles 'Vampyre Training 101', 'A lifetime history of vampyre's', and her favorite tittle so far, 'burn your brains out with a lifetime supply of Vampyre fun facts'. in bold ant fonts. 

"So," said Quinn breaking silence as her foot dangling below her, barely touching the ground as she sat on top of the study's high legged marbled desk. Her hand distractedly tracing a line from country to country on the century old globe beside her. "Have you known Lucas long?"

Gaius seeming to be interrupted in polishing his medical utensils lifted an eyebrow, this time setting his newly polished utensils down and rolled her sleeves up and swabbing her arm clean with a disinfectant. "Longer than you would ever lived." He said lifting a syringe, its sharp point glistening under the light. Quinn swallowed hard, she wasn't a fan of needles. 

"I see so you're both really close huh?" Quinn followed up, regretting she had said it. It's not everyday you were turned and now bored to death curious of the sort of relationship your sire and doctor had. 

Gaius, without looking at her shrugged and a piercing pain shot up Quinn's arm as he jerked the syringe with its pointed needle through her skin and hastily pulled it out, the area where it previously lacerated went numb the dark traces of her blood stimulating like a growing plant in fast forward, the wound healed in an instant. She remembered what Gaius said the first time they met, that vampires heal fast, but scars didn't, that she should take care of her beauty more as a woman.

"Is he always nice?" 

Gaius flashed her a knowing smirk, his eyes slitting as if to tease her, "you could say he's such a flirt when it comes to women. Never serious though."

Quinn's heart sank, there wasn't a reason why it should, she just felt that way. "I see..."

Gaius snapped his medical kit shut, his arms at both sides of her legs, he leaned forward, locking the distance between them. His fair dark silver hair falling down across his forehead, "you like him don't you?"

"I don't!" Quinn let out, more defensively than she hoped.

"Good, because there's nothing more to his kindness." He leaned closer, his breath tickling her ear, "he's just being nice."


Quinn stopped in front of the training room, her heart, if it were still beating, beated wildly, almost leaping out of her chest. She reached out for the knob but hesitated, she was doubting herself, having second thoughts whether she should enter, being alone with Lucas. The thought was unbearable, she felt her chest flutter inside. Maybe it was because of what Gaius said to her back at the study. She could still see it clearly, the image burning inside her mind, haunting her as she stepped closer and closer towards the room Lucas occupied. She was thankful the corridors were long on her way there, it gave her time to think. Sink in what Gaius had said. she could hear his voice as if he was just there whispering it in her ears repeatedly, his words poisonous and as vicious as a snakes venom. He's just being nice. 

As if noticing her presence, Lucas slid the glass door open, stepping aside as she stepped in, her head parallel to the floor not looking up to meet his graze. Lucas called out her name, but Quinn didn't seem to notice. She was rather occupied in her thoughts than focusing on the matted floors below her and almost stumbled on large sand bag on the center of the room but lucky to be caught in Lucas's arms.

"House Rule number five," said Lucas, stroking the fine line of her cheek bone with his index finger, "always look up especially to the ones talking to you." He paused, and the next moment, as if being instructed, she obeyed, her graze centered on his. "Good, you learn fast."

Quinn straightened herself, double taking the next moment she noticed that her back was flat against his chest. "House Rule number four," he wrapped his arms around her waist sending a spine chilling bolt down her spine, "never let your guard down, no matter who it is."

Quinn froze, mind went blank for a long moment, something about his touch, although her mind told her to resist, made her feel helpless and unable to resist.

He suddenly picked her up lightly and slammed her on the cushioned floor mat, enough force for her to flinch and stay where she was, her mind lagging at the moment. He hovered over her, legs on both sides of her hips, his almond finger traveling from her navel and stopping short at the depression between her breast, "House Rule number three, resist temptations."

Quinn's un-beating heart raced. What was he saying all of a sudden, and why must be this close to her... On top of her to get the point across? She shoved him off, almost unintentionally, underestimating her power as the force of her shove sent him almost flying out of the glass sliding door leading to the balcony. 

He smirked, leaning back flat against the wall, a leg angled and an arm propped above it. "House Rule number two, no blood shed in the manor, dead or alive." His grin widened, his incisors showing, "I hate finding blood on my carpet, so please refrain from dragging your meal from the front door."

Quinn got up, habitually dusting off the invisible specs of dust off her ebony yoga pants "what's house rule number one?"

Lucas got up, a devious grin playing on his lips, he steps closer towards Quinn who had backed away until her back was flat against the wall, cornered and nowhere to escape. His face loomed over hers, so close that their nose were nearly touching, "house rule number one," Lucas breathed, his arms on both side restraining Quinn, steam unusually exhaling from his skin as they brushed hers, naked by her sleeves rolling up at her shoulders. "Never fall in love with your sire."

Quinn scowled, "what kind of rule is that?"

"A sire and his precious coinage, bound by blood and mingling with one another is incest." He tipped her chin and like the previous night planted a kiss on the corner of her lip where her dimple would formed if her lips curved just a little to a smile, "but I'm sure you could pass that rule with flying colors."


© 2013 L.L. Lily


Author's Note

L.L. Lily
http://www.wattpad.com/story/9743901-le-vampyre-diaries

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013


Author

L.L. Lily
L.L. Lily

About
Everyone has a beautiful life story, you lead it, life writes it to what we call past or history. No matter how small, every little detail counts. My paper, your pen our hands joined as an beautiful i.. more..

Writing
authors note authors note

A Chapter by L.L. Lily


BUlletproof BUlletproof

A Story by L.L. Lily