Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Asylum Dormouse
"

Misty's POV.

"

Misty

 

Chapter 5

The land of Gloria fell away before Misty’s eyes, the skeletons of past magnificent towers crumbled to large piles of ash. The vast bounty of this year’s harvest, gone.  The palace could not be seen through the thick cloud of smoke and ash that surrounded it.  Even as she sped away, she watched the quick destruction of her homeland. Then, when she could no longer see it through her tears and the distance, she turned and sat on one of the many comfortable seats, grimacing in pain. The wound was severe, had perhaps even punctured her lungs from the feel of her breathing. She would have to remove the knife now, so as to clean and bandage the wound.

She reached up and grabbed the first aid kit hanging on the wall, searching through it for blood staunch and gauze, when the capsule began to shake and jerk. She gripped the wall handle and looked out the window. What she saw was something that did not surprise her for the bad luck that plagued her. She had landed right smack in the middle of a meteor belt. Usually the capsule would know to avoid these, but, of course, these probably came out of nowhere because of the disruption in the universe.

She gripped more tightly to the wall handle, trying to stay up right, watching for immediate danger, when it loomed in front of her. To meteors headed for her on a collision ‘crush the capsule’ course. Misty leap for the manual controls to the capsule, yanking hard to the right, trying to escape the fate bound to her, but there was no escape, the capsule was crushed under the force of the blow, and she was thrown back, knocked unconscious by the impact to her head.

** ** ** ** **

She awoke on a strange planet, lying on the ground next the destroyed piece of machinery she had traveled here in, still smoking from some great impact. She raised her hand to her head, and wiped away the blood drizzling down her cheek, feeling her way up a large, jagged incision.

It was only then that she felt the pain. It came over her in one gigantic sweep, her whole body pulsating with heat and blood. She looked down at the knife protruding her torso and yanked it out, looking at the curved dagger curiously before stuffing it down her boot. She was injured, and that was reason enough to get up and start looking for food and medical equipment. The machine next to her contained nothing of further use as far as she could tell, and anything of use in there would be useless once she finally retrieved it, for she would be dead by the effort. Looking around, she realized she had landed in some forest of sorts, though the trees were not of a kind she could recognize. What was this planet she had landed on? It was so different from home…  Even the air felt strange; thicker, and more physical. Looking around her, her gaze fell on the forest again, and she decided to set off into it to find sustenance.

** ** ** ** **

She had walked for days on end, resting in hollow trees or miniature caves along the way or at night. There were animals every once in a while, but she did not have the strength to give chase. The fruit looked only somewhat like Gloria’s, but it was different enough that she dare not eat it. She knew she had to eat, but poisoning herself would do no good either. She would wait and watch what was eaten by the common life forms. Nothing seemed hostile to her, but better to be cautious. If need be, she could go for a week or a little more before she required food.

For now though, she must rest. Her breathing was becoming labored; the bleeding from the stab wound was not closing up and looked infected, turning an odd shade of yellow and red around the edges, puss foaming up in places. She had made herself a makeshift bandage, but it did nothing to assist her whatsoever.

There did not seem to be any Sapiens on this world. She felt utterly alone. Not once had she come across any sign of Sapien life except for the ruins of some city abandoned for who knew how long. If no one was here, there would be no help. She would have to accept her fate. Unless by some miracle her infection reversed and she was able to make her life here, there would be no tomorrow for her.  This was, most probably, the last time she would be conscious, and barely at that. She sighed and stood up, for she might as well try to find a decent grave or shelter in case she survived the night, but as she stood the world spun out of control and she fell to her knees, trying to focus on something to stop the spinning. The edges of her vision clouded. She focused on it, for the black was steady and comforting, and let it overwhelm her.



© 2012 Asylum Dormouse


Author's Note

Asylum Dormouse
The credit for this chapter goes to my partner, this is her character and her writing, I do not take credit for anything except minor editing and help in creating the plot line. My partner owns the rights to characters: Misty and Shade.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is an interesting story makes me remember the otherwordly stories I have read... I am thinking of posting an alien story too but still thinking hard about it... Besides it's not that easy to plot and supply ideas to a story without research... This is a very good novel (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Asylum Dormouse

11 Years Ago

Thank you :) good luck with your alien story! I look forward to reading it :)



Reviews

still planning it's still in the edges of my brain

Posted 11 Years Ago


It is an interesting story makes me remember the otherwordly stories I have read... I am thinking of posting an alien story too but still thinking hard about it... Besides it's not that easy to plot and supply ideas to a story without research... This is a very good novel (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Asylum Dormouse

11 Years Ago

Thank you :) good luck with your alien story! I look forward to reading it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2012


Author

Asylum Dormouse
Asylum Dormouse

MI



About
I write poetry and stuff... I love Emilie Autumn and the Victorian era, my current project is a fantasy series that I am writing with my friend. more..

Writing