THE END FINALLY

THE END FINALLY

A Chapter by Cody Wiggins
"

WEll as the story finally comes to an end i would like to say thanks to all who have read and reviewed it. I would also like to thank all my friends on here who encourage me to keep going.

"
We pulled up and i asked many questions she almost seemed to know what was going on or to at least have a clue. Out of the corner of my eye i noticed movement and reacted but just a little to slowly. He busted out of the house pointed a gun toward Valerie and went back inside dragging her with him. We followed but cautiously i really didn't want to hurt her and antagonizing him would really be a bad decision. We followed him into a bunker.
"Let her go she has nothing to do with this!"
"Oh thats a typical command from a soldier isn't Cody."
"Why are you betraying your country, your home, your wife and kid?"
"Why? Because other countries pay more."
"Thats why you did this? Money?!?"
"Why not? Money makes the world go around but then again", he gives me a sinister smile, "an angel wouldn't know much about that now would he."
"I wouldn't know" I was able to stutter
" Oh I doubt that but we can talk about this another time. Down to business." 
"What do you mean?"
"Well my time in the military has helped me to learn a lot about pass codes and and keywords. With a push of this button i will launch every missile in the world. You could shoot me but this gun is so sensitive the slightest sneeze would make it go off."
I looked over at Valerie in tears with a beat read face crying her eyes out begging him to let go. I wouldn't be able to save both her and the rest of the world. My job i simple save the world, but my mind is saying to save Valerie. I made decision
"You making a man choose between a woman he loves and the world is the most devious ting you could do. My job is simple eliminate the threat without a single thought. Valerie i hope you can forgive me." 
I took a shot straight at his head and as he said the gun in his hand went off in her Femoral artery. I ran straight over and held on tight.
With tears in my eyes and in a scared voice. 
"Valerie stay with me baby come on come on just hold on."
"I'm sorry............cody but im not gonna make it."
"Cody? Im not co...."
"Don't lie i know its you i've known ever since you came here the first time"
"But how my disguise everything it's so different?"
"Don't you think", coughing up blood and crying trying so hard to finish what she was going to say." Don't you think i would know the man that i fell in love with"
I couldn't stand it anymore she was bleeding out and she wouldn't last much longer. All i wanted to do was beat the death out of her husband. She finally closed her eyes. She looked so peaceful and beautiful I kissed her forehead and left. The next few days before going back i made sure her kid was ok and buried her. Finally i went back floating back up to Heaven where He sat and congratulated me. I went back to my own little piece of Heaven. They say there are no tears shed in Heaven i must have been the first then. All i could. Suddenly i saw a pair of feet on the ground
"Not right now i don't feel up to talking to anyone. This pain will go away."
"It'll go away a lot faster if you talk to the one woman who's never stopped loving you."
I looked up and there she was. Valerie standing in front of me so much more beautiful all i could do was hug her and never let go. We stood there for what seemed like an eternity. I can't believe that i forgot about what happens after Death. 
You could say that there is no in the middle that all people are bad, you could say your life is horrible and will never get better, you could say that tomorrow will be just as bad. But after all thats happened to me i honestly can't say any of those things. 


© 2011 Cody Wiggins


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow really great book! I love the ending. This was just amazing!! thanks for sharing.
You did very well.
~Bridget~

Posted 13 Years Ago


a great short story and it is a beautiful story at that. tales of true love and his own heaven in heaven:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Woah, nice book. It was short, but a nice read, thanks for keeping me updated.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 27, 2010
Last Updated on July 30, 2011


Author

Cody Wiggins
Cody Wiggins

Ft. Campbell, KY



About
I'm a soldier I"m all around a little strange. I love to be unnatural i love to be abnormal. Who really wants to be normal anyway. I like all people except for criminals duh. Absolutely lov.. more..

Writing
Truth Truth

A Story by Cody Wiggins


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Cody Wiggins


For you For you

A Poem by Cody Wiggins