Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

A Chapter by Neeeks!

"You guys have really been a great crowd," Matthew said as they finished playing Knights of Cydonia. "But this next song will be our last for the night."

People screamed. Some yelling at the band for an encore, others screaming out the other bands that were scheduled to play. There was one scream that was heard above the others. It sounded more like a shriek than a scream, and a few people turned their heads to look at the girl it had come from.

"Once we're done here, Green Day will be taking the stage." Matthew finished.

"We will be hanging out after the show if anyone wants an autograph," Christopher quickly added. "We'll be here after the other bands have performed."

The same high-pitched scream sounded again, followed by the screams of others, most of which were directed toward the girl, telling her to shut up or get out. Amanda and Ingrit exchanged a glance.

"She really needs to learn how to scream without getting on everyone's nerve." Amanda commented.

"And when to keep her mouth shut," Ingrit added as the girl screamed again. "She's really getting on my nerves."

Amanda simply shrugged.

"Wasn't there a girl like that at the Crüe Fest you went to?" she asked.

"Yeah," Ingrit answered. "She was a couple rows behind me. Someone hit her, but I have no idea who it was. I thought it was kind of funny when someone threw a pretzel at her."

Amanda laughed, looking back when the girl screamed again.

"Hopefully someone has enough sense to do that here," Amanda muttered. "It'd make the night so much better."

Ingrit didn't make a comment on what Amanda had said, smiling and singing along to the final song by the Muse for the night instead; Time Is Running Out, another one of her favorites.

"I think I'm drowning, asphyxiated. I wanna break this spell that you've created. You're something beautiful. A contradiction. I wanna play the game, I want the friction." the crowd sang.

Ingrit smiled at Amanda as they sang along. Amanda didn't know as many of the words since Ingrit was the one who had listened to the band beforehand, but she was having fun singing along anyway.

"I wanted freedom, bound and restricted. I tried to give you up, but I'm addicted," they sang. "Now that you know I'm trapped sense of elation, you'd never dream of breaking this fixation."

Matthew was walking from one side of the stage to the other, occasionally leaning out toward the crowd. People tried getting closer to the stage, some trying to get onto the stage, but the barrier the staff had set up prevented anyone from doing so successfully.

"Bury it. I won't let you bury it, I won't let you smother it, I won't let you murder it. Our time is running out. Our time is running out. You can't push it underground, you can't stop it screaming out. How did it come to this?" everyone sang, raising their voices as the song came to an end.

The band members smiled once the song was over.

"Seriously, guys, thanks for being such an awesome crowd," Matthew said. "But now we must take our leave so that Green Day can have their chance in the spotlight."

Dominic threw his drumsticks into the crowd, throwing one into the mosh pit while trying to get the other one as close to the back as he could.

"I wonder if any drummer has accidentally poked someone's eye out by doing that..." Amanda pondered aloud.

"If so, I'm guessing the person would have sued the band." Ingrit replied.

"I wouldn't," Amanda said with a smile. "I'd be like, 'I'm fine, I'm fine. Isn't this cool? I got the drumstick!' All the while people would be freaking out because I just lost an eye."

Ingrit laughed at Amanda's odd humor before she turned and watched the stage be torn apart so that Green Day could set up.


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just love the humor! It's great and funny! I wish someone would hit that girl with a pretzel just so she'd shut up! Ha ha! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 21, 2010
Last Updated on February 21, 2010
Tags: Tokio Hotel, Bill Kaulitz, The Jonas Brothers, Joe Jonas


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!