Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Neeeks!

A young girl was standing a few feet from the curb of an empty street. In the near distance behind her, other teenagers were getting onto their buses to go home, glad that the school day had come to an end; the weekend had finally begun. Seeming somewhat impatient, the girl looked down at her watch, her unnatural purple hair falling into her face, shielding her blue eyes and fragile face from the world. After brushing her hair out of her face, placing it behind her ears, she looked around. She looked back down at her watch for a moment, her hair instantly falling in her face again, and gently bit her bottom lip. The girl straightened herself again, blowing lazily at the hair in her face before she bent down and picked up her purse. Holding the purse in one hand, she dug through it with her other until she had found what she was looking for; a simple black hair clip.

Setting the purse back on the ground, the girl turned to her friend that sat on a wall a few feet away from her, her hands running through her hair as she pulled it back. The clip was in her mouth, her hands working quickly to twist her hair until it was tight enough that there weren't any lose strands hanging down. Of course, she left the front part of her hair hanging, just like she did whenever she put it up in a clip. Grabbing the clip from her mouth, she put it in her hair before letting her hair flow over it. Now that it was up, it came down to her shoulders instead of the middle of her back.

"You should put your hair up more often." her friend said.

"Eh, I can't be bothered to do my hair nicely all the time," she said, shrugging her shoulders. "It takes too long."

"You just did it in not even a minute," her friend replied.

"And it probably looks terrible," she sighed.

"Actually, it looks really good."

"Thanks."

"Anytime, love."

The girl laughed and straightened the front of her hair before she sat down on the wall with her friend, dropping her purse at her feet. Her thin frame was hidden by her legs as she hugged them to her chest. Her pale tones stood out against her dark clothing; black and purple striped tights with a tear here and there, black knee-high boots, a black skirt with mesh over it, torn band tee, and bracelets and arm bands covering her forearms. Not wanting to start chewing on her lip out of habit, she reached down and pulled a pack of gum out of her purse.

"Manderz, want a piece?" she asked, turning to her friend while taking a piece for herself.

"Sure. Thanks, Inks." Amanda answered, smiling as she took a piece and stuck it in her mouth.

Unlike Ingrit, Amanda had short brown hair, her bangs bleached white, her black glasses hiding her brown eyes, and a panda hat pulled down over her head. She was wearing skinny jeans, a band tee, and colorful hit top shoes that had purple lightning bolts on the sides. Amanda was slender and slightly pale toned, like Ingrit, but stood almost half a foot shorter at just over five feet. That is, of course, when Ingrit wasn't wearing boots.

"Where is he?" Ingrit whined, looking up and down the street again.

"I have no idea. He's your neighbor, not mine." Amanda sighed.

"He was supposed to be here almost ten minutes ago." Ingrit stated, looking back at her watch.

"Maybe he's sleeping?" Amanda guessed. "Why don't you call him?"

Ingrit sighed and pulled out her phone, looking through her contacts for the number. Once she had found it, she put the phone to her ear as it began to ring.

"Hello?" a voice said.

"Hey, Tim," Ingrit said. "Where are you?"

"Oh, I'm at work. I got called in and no one else could cover the shift... Sorry. I meant to call you, but I was rushing to get here." he answered.

"But you're our ride." Ingrit whined, her face sinking as she got up from her seat.

"I'm sorry," Tim said. "Can your sister take you or something?"

"She won't sit there for the entire show," she sighed, lazily kicking at the sidewalk. "And she's out at my grandmothers anyway; her and Chris both went to help my mom for the weekend with my grandfather."

"Don't you have a license? Or even your permit?" Tim asked.

"Well...not for another week, no." Ingrit admitted, looking down at the ground.

She heard Tim sigh on the other end of the line. Amanda looked up from the ground and halfheartedly smiled.

"Is he working or something?" she asked.

Ingrit nodded as she listened to Tim.

"Thanks anyway, Tim. I'll let you get back to work." she said before hanging up.

"That sucks." Amanda muttered.

"I was looking so forward to going too." Ingrit moaned, sitting back down on the wall next to her friend.

"When are you getting your permit anyway? It's soon, right?"

"Next Thursday, but that doesn't help us now."

"Don't you know how to drive at all?"

"Well, yeah. I took drivers ed."

"So then why don't you just borrow your sisters' car? Didn't they take Chris's car?"

Ingrit looked at Amanda and blinked.

"You want me to 'borrow' my sisters car for the night?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know how to drive, and with your hair up you look a lot more like your sister," Amanda pointed out. "You're the one who said you would do anything to go to this concert. You were still planning on going even after your mom told you 'no' and forbid us from leaving your house tonight."

"That's true..."

"So then why not?" Amanda asked with a laugh. "I think it'll be fun."

"Yeah, it would be fun." Ingrit agreed.

Amanda smiled and leaned forward as Ingrit sat there thinking.

"She does keep her license, money and debit card in the door of her car, so it wouldn't be too bad if an emergency happened..." Ingrit thought out loud.

"And the final verdict is...?" Amanda questioned, holding her breath.

"Alright, we'll go," Ingrit answered with a sigh. "But we have to hurry and get to my house, drop off our stuff, and get to Worcester."

"Alright!" Amanda shouted, pumping her fist into the air.

Ingrit laughed and shook her head as she grabbed Amanda's hand and turned, walking quickly in the direction of her house.

"Oh, and if we get busted, I'm blaming you." Ingrit joked, laughing as they walked side-by-side.

"Hey!" Amanda pouted, making Ingrit laugh.

"Love you!" Ingrit said before she started running.

"Jerk!" Amanda replied as she ran after her friend.


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love how Ingrit is going to 'borrow' her sister's car. We all do that from time to time. I liked the part when you were describing Amanda and her appearance because of the panda hat! I loved that part! I just noticed that you used your own name for one of the characters! That's awesome! I'm going on to read the next chapter! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The story is adding plot. No license and desire to go roaming to the concert. I like the two characters so far. Discussion create the human side.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cute, in a teenager way. Really shows enthusiasm from a teenager's point of view. Well written, and grasps the whole point of sneaking out. Keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow interesting....
i wanna know what happens next.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great chapter. Your characters still seem very real, good job on that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting name on Ingrit... (In a good way, I like oddball and exotic names)
The description was good
Now I'm wondering what kind of mess they are going to get into...
Nice job

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love how Ingrit is going to 'borrow' her sister's car. We all do that from time to time. I liked the part when you were describing Amanda and her appearance because of the panda hat! I loved that part! I just noticed that you used your own name for one of the characters! That's awesome! I'm going on to read the next chapter! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2010
Last Updated on January 28, 2010
Tags: Tokio Hotel, Bill Kaulitz, The Jonas Brothers, Joe Jonas


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love And Lust Love And Lust

A Poem by Manda