Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Kikai

c h a p t e r .3
3AM, why can't I sleep? I mean, I know I had one scoop too many of ice cream at dinner but... I'm wide awake, and it's driving me insane! Maybe what me and Johnny talked about earlier was still glued on my mind. No no, if that's what it was, I would have known, I would still be thinking about it, but I'm not. It must be something else. Agh! I need to put my mind on something else.
Okay, mom and dad are asleep, and I'm pretty sure Aaron is asleep already in the room next door, too. So I jump out of bed and walk over to my work desk, turning on my laptop.
"I'm sure there's no one online at this time of night," I said to myself, "but it can't hurt to check, right?"
Once my desktop loaded, I opened up my Google Chrome browser and typed in facebook.com. Yeah, I guess I'm still a little young to be on Facebook, since that's mainly for college students and older, but I know I'm mature enough to be on it, rather than that MySpace place... Who goes on there anymore?

*PING* One new message!

Huh? I thought. Who could possibly be online now? I hovered my cursor over my inbox icon and clicked on it.

MATT NGUYEN: Hey you, what are you still up?

Ahhhh! I jumped up and backed my chair into the wall. Oh crap, I hope no one heard that. I re-situated my things and focussed back on the message; the one from my love, Matt.
I had met him last year at a friend's birthday party. Tall and cute, with a near-perfect complexion. He was amazing at drawing, so I realized that art was something we both had in common.
At the time I was still so shy, all I said to him that day was "hi" and we never spoke since. But I could never forget his face or his voice... I couldn't stop thinking about him. Mikayla said it was love, but I don't really believe in the first person you like as love, especially at my age. I've seen so many stupid girls that don't know how to use their head correctly. So many 13-16 year old girls that talk about how much they love their boyfriends, but in the end they always get hurt... I don't want to be one of those stupid girls.

*PING*
MATT NGUYEN: Hey, are you still there?
Crap, I forgot to reply! I quickly typed down my message.

JASMINE YOUNG: Oh, yes, I'm sorry I was doing something Dx

Anyways, the more I thought about it, though, the more I thought maybe I really was in love. I never felt the way I did about Matt towards any other boys I've met before. But it doesn't matter; I'm not allowed to date anyways. My parents think I'll lose my 4.0 status and bring shame to my family (which will never happen, but like I said: Strict Asian parents). Besides, Matt was a sophomore and I was only an 8th grader. By the time I got into high school he would be a junior and would start to prepare for college... He's not even at the same high school I'm going to be at.
And plus, he's just too good looking and cool, to even take notice to a short, unattractive girl like me. So why is he messaging me all of a sudden?

MATT NGUYEN: Are you doin anything this weekend?
JASMINE YOUNG: Uh, maybe just getting ready for school on Monday. You?
MATT NGUYEN: Oh, u think you can hang out on saturday?

I'm sorry, what? Matt Nguyen wants to hang out with me?! This is just too good to be true! Oh man, if this is a dream, I don't want to wake up!

JASMINE YOUNG: I don't know. I'll have to ask my parents, why?
MATT NGUYEN: I was just wondering. I was gonna go to the mall but i dont wanna go by myself.
JASMINE YOUNG: Don't you have other friends?
MATT NGUYEN: Only one other person is going, and she might bring her boyfriend, and i'd hate to be the 3rd wheel, ya know?
JASMINE YOUNG: I see... Well, I'll ask. And get back to you later, okay?
MATT NGUYEN: Sure, and take my number too: 984-1681

No way! His number too?! I can feel my face turning a little red. I can't believe he's asking me out! No no, calm down Jaz, you're getting a little ahead of yourself, that's not how it is. He just needs a cover-buddy so he doesn't end up being the third wheel. I totally understand.

JASMINE YOUNG: Cool, I'll call you later.
MATT NGUYEN: Sweet, chat laters
JASMINE YOUNG: Yep! Bye!
-Jasmine has gone offline-

I really can't believe this just happened, and all at 3:20 in the morning! Now I don't even want to go to sleep! Now I don't want summer to even end! But I do wish it was this weekend already! 
Going to the mall, with Matt Nguyen, that's something I've dreamed of since I met him! And now it's coming true! Well... First I need my parent's approval... And that seems like a whole new problem opening up.


© 2012 Kikai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2012


Author

Kikai
Kikai

Portland, OR



About
Hi colleagues! My name is Kikai, and I'm an aspiring novelist. I just love to write. Nothing fancy, just a good read for teens and young adults (I'm still one myself, after all). Please feel free to .. more..

Writing
The Doctor and I The Doctor and I

A Story by Kikai


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kikai


Transparent Transparent

A Book by Kikai