Horror Begins

Horror Begins

A Chapter by Muhammad Bilal
"

In this chapter the story rounds about a town in which many incidents occurs which causes much horror in peoples minds.

"
 

Some secrets are not to be revealed inside this world. If those secrets remain as they are, then everything will be safe and fine. To remain unknown from these secrets is better. If we try to reveal them then the result may be worse even we can’t think. But some peoples try to reveal them because of their ego; as a result they brought trouble to themselves and the peoples who are concerned with them. And sometimes it may prove harmful for those who are not concerned with them. It is said that time is such a treatment which can recover any injury but in my view some injuries could never be completely recovered by time.

          These saying looks baseless and odd, to make them meaningful and understandable I am writing an incident, after reading this incident you should be able to understand what I want to say.

          This incident belongs to that period of time when science was not so discovered as it is today. Crime was very less. People spent their lives as they want, there were no hard restrictions. Quarrels were very less as compared to present. But remember one thing I am pointing toward a specific area, I am not talking about a big city or country.

          The place about which I am talking about was a beautiful and heart touching area. It was a beautiful town. A scene of haven was created by nature by the combination of green and beautiful jungle, fast running streams, beautiful flowers, waterfalls and mountains.


          That city was surrounded by mountains from all the four sides, only a narrow gap was found between those mountains from where a road passes, which joined that town with other places. As the whole valley was combination of streams, jungle and mountains, so the residential area was divided naturally into small and large portions, they were joined together by small roads.


Now lets come towards the story.

          It was starting of January and the winter was on its extreme. The branches of beautiful Snobar and Diyar trees were fully loaded with snow. The beautiful mountains which were covered with greenery looked very amazing in summer, but in winter they are totally covered with the white layer of snow. The breeze was too cold, it felt us that it will freeze us. The fast flowing water of streams was not frozen but it was as cold as ice. We can say that liquid ice was flowing in those streams. The days were short and the nights were long because it was starting of January. Those places which were not covered by trees can exactly give us idea about the thickness of the layer of snow. It was thick a few centimeters more than a foot. Breath was freezing with cold.


          It was getting night. Darkness was surrounding everything in itself. The weather was getting harsher. Snow falling was yet start. There was a great silence, only the cool wind was whispering. Due to this kind of harsh weather no one could be seen outside.

          Near jungle there was a group of few houses. One of them looked small but very beautiful. Its roof was whitened by snow, black smoke coming out of chimney can be seen easily. Dim Yellow light was coming out of the glass window of that house.


          The room was warm because coal was burning in the chimney. The atmosphere inside the room was very calm. There was pin drop silence. A man was busy in reading a book in the light of a table lamp. Two young children were sleeping in the other room, their mother was prepairing dinner in kitchen.

          All at sudden doorbell ranged. The man who was reading book went there to open the door. He opened the door, no one was there. When he wanted to close the door and went back to read book he listened someone calling him for help. The sound was very faint and was coming from the trees from where the jungle starts. He slowly started walking toward that side. When he reached near the trees, he felt very strange and frightened. All at sudden he felt very hard headache and no one knows what happened then….

          Next morning news was spread all over the town that a corpse is found near jungle. That was the same man who was missing from the night from the front of his own house. This news reached to the family of that man who was lost from night, on listening this news their condition was miserable. They declared it as murder and called police for investigation.

          When police came there and started to get some basic clues, they talked to the family of the victim. They carefully looked the dead body of the victim. They got some information from victim’s family and some information from the other nearby residents. Finally the information they got is as follow:

          Victim’s corpse was found, covered with snow, about 150m away from his house. The Victim was not killed by any tool because there were no signs of usage of any kind of tool on his body. His medical record was found clear, he was a healthy person. He was doing government job from past 11 years.

          When Police found no clue about this case then this case was handed over to a government investigation officer. His name was Shamraiz. He was nearly 30 years old. He was a well known and hard working officer. He had maintained a good investing record, many important cases were solved by him. This case was also of a great importance so it was handed over to him.

          Next day he reached that town. He was arranged to live in a nearby hotel. In the evening he went to victim’s house and met his wife and children. Victim’s wife told him the whole incident occurred that night. Shamraiz listened to the whole incident from her carefully then he went back to hotel. Next day he visited many other people’s houses to know more about this incident.

          Then next day he started to visit that area in search of any clue which may prove useful but found nothing. Then he decided to go inside the jungle but when he tried to get map of the jungle then people told him that the map of the jungle is not yet developed. As it was a matter of murder so no one was ready to help him to go to the jungle.

          He tried his best for two weeks but after two weeks he decided to go back without any clue or proof about the murder.

          One night he finally thought of going back next morning. Prepared his luggage for going back and slept. Next day, very early in the morning someone knocked his room’s door, he awoke and opened the door. There was a man who lived nearby. He told him that another corpse was seen by a person nearby; you are already working on a same case so you should go there and check. We hadn’t called the police yet.

          Shamraiz went with him after a few minutes. A few hundred meters away from hotel he saw a crowd gathered around something. When he went near, he saw a dead body lying on the snow, this incident also occurred near the jungle as in previous case. He called the police first. Then he examined the dead body carefully and found no clue about the death of that person. Then he sent the dead body for postmortem.

          He was shocked. He decided to stay there and continue investigation until he finds some clue. He started to investigate about the second Victim, he found that the victim was a lawyer; he was 55-60 years old. During investigation he found his medical record, there was no problem with the victim at all, he was a healthy person.

          The stories of evil were famous in the town as it is usual in this type of areas which are linked with jungle. A detective is always taught that he should not trust on this kind of such stories. He is always taught to investigate in the reality. Due to this he didn’t concentrated on these stories and tried to investigate by staying in reality, but when he totally failed to get a single clue about these two dead bodies he took a piece of his attention toward these unknown powers. He thought that this place is naturally affiliated with jungle, this type of cases may occur here. But it may be a very clever person who is behind all this, and trying to show it a case of evil powers. But this case was looking more linked with evil powers because in both cases there were no injuries on the dead bodies, there were no proof, there were no footprints, there were no fingerprints on the dead bodies, there were nothing extraordinary in the postmortem report of both dead bodies, so how one can say that they were killed by a person or a wild animal?

          Keeping all this in his mind he decided to investigate in another two way method; by investigating evil powers and by investigating the reality. No doubt one of them was responsible for this.

          Next morning he awoke early and got ready to go out. He went there, where second dead body was found. Standing there he took a bird’s eye view around. Then he started walking slowly along the road. It was very early so no one was there on the road. The road was covered with snow. While walking on the road he was drowned in thinking about something, all at once he saw footprints of someone on the snow, leading toward the jungle. These footprints were not so old. They were just 40-60 Minutes past. It was not a common way of passage. He started to walk along these footprints. He kept on walking along these foot prints and went so far in the jungle.

          Voice of wild animals, extremely cold climate, hills covered with snow were making his mind down and trying to send him back. But after many failures today he had finally got a chance to get any clue then how he would be agree to go back. He knew that today he will definitely get some clue, so he was not ready to go back.

          These footprints took him to the mid of a mountain. He was very tired; he put a hand on a tree’s stem and stood steady to take some rest. Standing there he took a view on the upcoming way. All at once he saw dark smoke rising up from the snobar trees which were covered by white snow. The smoke was very easily visible because everything around was covered with white layer of snow. That rising smoke was a sign of presence of someone there. He thought of going there. He slowly started to get forward. All at once he found himself near an old broken house which was made up of wood. He quickly hidden himself behind a nearby tree and started looking toward that house.


© 2014 Muhammad Bilal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
Added on April 6, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2014
Tags: Jungle, Murder, detective, Corpse


Author

Muhammad Bilal
Muhammad Bilal

Rawalpindi, Asia, Pakistan



About
I am a Novel writer and also a student. I started writing novels because i always believed that thinker is the best achiver,... more..

Writing