3

3

A Chapter by Nightstar

Joker couldn’t tell what was going on just as the light had gone out, he could only hear and all he could hear was clashing of metal. Staying still one of his chains broke then no sooner did the other one he stayed frozen not knowing which way to go to get out. Feeling a grip around his wrist pull him along still metal crashed he was slammed to a wall, feeling around when the grip left he felt a handle. Opening the said door, he felt fresh air fill his lungs, walking over to a tree he waited.

Nothing happened for what seemed forever till Ace came walking out of the cave, her sword still drawn. She made eye contact with Joker as she slides her sword away, from where he stood a sight of blood could be seen on the steal of the blade. She walked over to him, looking him over she started walking past him. The two walked in silent when Joker wanted to break the silence. “Thanks for, um…saving be back there.” Before Joker could think, Ace pulled out a dagger close to his neck holding him by a tree.

“I did not come to save you for your sake. I didn’t care that you got captured but you can’t get killed not my him or any but me.” She pulled away the dagger and walked away. “Why only…you?” Still dagger in hand she turned to make a cold stone look at Joker. “It’s a game I like to play with my prey before killing it, and the prey is only allowed to die on my terms and by my hands.” She pushed the dagger away as she walked away with a slightly scared Joker right behind her.

Sooner or later they reached the house, Ace looked over to Joker who had his head slightly up looking at the sky. When she wasn’t looking he looked over to her. The once black cloak that covered her body was missing to show black boots a slight heel with black pants and a red tank top the same color as her eyes. When she stopped for Joker to pass her, he stopped right in front of her to look over at her. “Ace?” She looked into his green eyes as she answered. “Yes, Joker?” He raised his hand in front of him for a hand shake and Ace took it a light shake went between the two of them. Just as the shake was over Joker had made a slight bow, Ace hand still in his grip he kissed her hand. Ace stood in a slight bit of shock as Joker could be seen quickly walking away from her. As her cold red eyes looked for him she found Clown hugging him, when they let go Clown looked over to see Ace looking up at her. She waved to Ace but all she got as a slight little wave as Ace vanished off into the woods.

As Joker walked inside Spike poked his head out of his room to see him, the two boys said nothing as they went on to their normal things. Joker walked outside to see a green house in the distance, walking over to it he walked in. Seeing that it was a full of nothing but dirt, rolling up his sleeves he went to work.

Ace walked out of the woods to see the green house, taking not of it she walked to the house. Clown saw her and ran up to her not giving her the normal Clown hug. “Ace, what brings you here in to the house and around people?” Ace handed Clown a bundle of berries. “You asked for them.” As Ace started walking away when Clown grabbed her arm. “Will you come inside, I have cookies made you should eat one.” Ace looked over a Clown. “Clown I don’t really want…” “Ace, I insist.” Letting out a heavy sigh she let Clown pull her inside the house.

Ace sat down in a red wooden chair as Clown sat down on hers. “Here.” She pushed the plate of cookies in front of her, slowly Ace took one looking it over the took a small bit out of it as Clown bit half of her cookie in one bit. “I saw you with Joker, thanks for getting him back.” Ace looked up at Clown. “Don’t get to close to him, there’s something about him something that doesn’t sit well with me.” Clown set down her cookie to make eye contact with Ace. “Do you think I can’t take care of myself Ace.” “Clown you of all people should know I don’t want you hurt.” Sawing that Ace stood up to walk out the door as Clown called out behind her. “Will you come tonight, please.” Ace turned slightly to Clown to softly yet firmly whisper. “Fine.”

As night came Clown sat down at the table Joker set the food down, Spike was outside looking for Ace. When he came back inside Clown perked up when Spike walked in, he shook his head. “Well I guess Ace won’t be joining us.” Joker looked at Spike who sat across from him. “Does Ace ever come?” “Sometimes before you came it was just Clown and me.” Joker nodded as the door opened to show Ace in the door way. “To late?” “No not at all Ace, come inside sit next to Joker the food is still warm to eat.” Joker watched as Ace sat in the red chair next to him, for a slight second Joker didn’t feel safe with a person who had just told him that she could kill him when ever she wanted to.

Dinner when smooth even though Ace would look over at Joker a few times making him well just grand. When Joker sat down in the living room he watched as Clown sat down next to him, Spike had gone to his room along with Ace. “You like her, don’t you?” Joker looked right at Clown who made no eye contact with him as she spoke. “Who?” “Come on Joker, Ace.” Joker who was now in shock as he spoke. “Ace? No, she well in truth she scares me.” Clown lightly laughed as he patted Joker on the shoulder. “Don’t let her scary you Joker, once you get to know her she really is a nice person. Well I’ll see you in the morning.”

Ace walked back into her room after hearing Clown and Jokers conversation, she could feel a light smile come on when Joker had said he was afraid of her. Sitting down on her bed she looked over to her table, noticing something different she picked it up. Brining in closer to her face she recognized what it was. “A rose?” She whispered, it was a black rose with a black ribbon tied around it taking a sniff of it she couldn’t help but have a soft smile. Setting it back down on the table she laid down on her bed and went to sleep still not knowing she dreamed about the flower.



© 2018 Nightstar


Author's Note

Nightstar
Questions- What do you think Ace feels about Joker?
Who do you think the rose is from?

Please tell me what you think about the story so far, I really need your guys comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Say something if you guys want another chapter.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
1 Review
Added on June 21, 2018
Last Updated on June 21, 2018


Author

Nightstar
Nightstar

MO



About
Hi, I'm Nightstar a highschool student who just loves to read and write when ever I can. more..

Writing
I'm ready I'm ready

A Story by Nightstar


Red hoodie Red hoodie

A Story by Nightstar


Embers Embers

A Poem by Nightstar