4

4

A Chapter by Nightstar

Ace sat up as she looked over to her table to see the black rose have been joined by another one, this one like the other had a black ribbon tied around it. Taking the first black rose the one that she got last night she placed it in a vase, then she took the ribbon from the other one and tied it in her hair to her normal high pony tail. Walking out she felt like she was hiding something even though she was wearing a black ribbon and not a normal red one. Clown saw her when she walked past the living room. “Ace want some breakfast?” Ace looked over to Clown who had two plates of breakfast on the table. “Fine.” As she sat down next to Clown, Ace noticed the moment she sat down to grab a plate Clown was looking at her. “Yes Clown?” “You don’t normally eat breakfast it’s nice to see you eat sometimes.” Ace looked over at Clown who was smiling.  “I eat all the time, and you know that.”  “But I don’t see you eating so it’s nice to see you eating again. By the way is that a different color ribbon?” Ace nodded as she cut the egg in half. Clown looked up to see Joker walk by the hallway. “Oh, Jokers up. Hey, Joker you want some breakfast?” Ace set the plate down as she stood up. “Ace?” “Not hungry.”

Joke walked in with a plate as he sat down across from her. “Two plates?” Clown looked down at the plate to notice that none of the food hadn’t been touched only one egg was cut but not eaten. “Ace had woken up and had sat down to eat and when I called to ask you to join us she walked out.” “Who did?” Spike walked in and was sitting next to Joker. “Ace, she walked out.” “Why?” Joker set the plate down. “Me, she really hates me for some reason.”

Spike walked out to the training ground, trying to find Ace. Who was standing on her hands with a rock on her feet. “Ace, can you talk?” She opened her eyes to see him. “You go an hour go.” “Why did you leave when Joker walked into the room?” “When Clown called him in I didn’t feel hungry, I ate an egg.” “No Ace you didn’t eat anything, come inside and eat, please.” Ace jumped up and turned to Spike. “I’m good, promise.” As she walked away Spike grabbed her arm. “Since you didn’t eat breakfast, come eat lunch when Clown calls ok?” Ace looked down at the hand on her arm. “First let go of my arm.” Spike slowly let his hand loose around her arm. With out turning to look at him she answered him. “I’ll eat lunch with you guys, but you won’t see me. Just leave a plate out on the table and I’ll eat it.” With that she walked away, leaving Spike to watch as she faded away into the woods.

Lunch came around, Joker felt a bit strange since a plate full of food next to him would strangle no longer have any food on it every few times he would look at it. “I’ll get the dishes be back.” Spike stood up. “I’ll help.” With that it left Joker and Ace alone. “Ace, if you’re here could you please come out.” Nothing happened for a long time till a face appeared in the darkness. “Ace.” “Joker.” The two looked at each other for a period of time till Clown walked in to see the two. Seeing them she slowly turned around and back inside.

“I’m I still being hunted?” Ace nodded, she seemed amused at his question. “And I only die on your terms?” “Yes.” With her answered he felt a shiver run threw his spin. “Joker, would you care to come inside…you to Ace.” Spikes voice seemed to have a bit of panic. The two walked in, to see a map across the kitchen table. “What’s this?” “This map is to two locations that might tell us what happened to that city.” Ace traced the circle around an area full of trees. “This area, I’ll go here.” “I’ll come with you.” Ace made eye contact with Spike as she nodded.

Joker stood next to Clown on the porch as they both watched Ace and Spiked walked away. “I hope they stay safe.” Joker looked down at Clown who was staring at the tree line that the two of them had just vanished from. “They will be, lets get inside.” Clown followed Joker inside, she sat down on the couch in the living room, as Joker walked in with a book in hand, before he sat down he looked over at Clowns worried face. “Do you want me to get you anything, you seem a bit worried?” “I’m fine Joker just a bit worried for Ace. She can be a bit scary towards anyone who tries to get close to her.” She laughed very softly at her last couple of words. Making it hard for Joker not to smile with her.

Spike looked over at Ace who looked around till she made eye contact with him. “What?” Spike pointed ahead of him. “We’re here.” In front of both of them was a large stone door with a symbol that didn’t look like anything that Spike had ever seen before. Ace pushed on the door as it slowly opened, inside was an open field with four large walls with green hanging all over the place. “What is this place?” Ace was all ready looking at the short pillars made of stone they came to her hip, Spike walked over to see a different symbol, when he looked some of the other ones each of them had a different symbol on the top. “What or who ever lived here was a killer.” He picked up a dagger that rested against one of the pillar, he turned to look at Ace who picked up the dagger from his hand. “Killers you say?” “Yeah, this cloth that you had, I noticed that one of the pillars had this symbol on it. By the way how did you know where Joker was?” Ace moved the dagger side to side, as she thought of her answer. “This place had as you said killers born and raised here, the person who took Joker was raised here.” Spiked looked over at her as she traced one of the symbols. “How would you know that?”

Ace couldn’t help but grin as she pulled up her sleeve on her black coat to show her right arms wrist, on it was a black symbol the same symbol she was tracing on the pillar next to her. “Because I’m one of those killers.”       



© 2018 Nightstar


Author's Note

Nightstar
I would like to know what you guys think so far about the story if you don't mind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

78 Views
Added on June 23, 2018
Last Updated on June 23, 2018


Author

Nightstar
Nightstar

MO



About
Hi, I'm Nightstar a highschool student who just loves to read and write when ever I can. more..

Writing
I'm ready I'm ready

A Story by Nightstar


Red hoodie Red hoodie

A Story by Nightstar


Embers Embers

A Poem by Nightstar