Chapter 3: Battle in the Woods

Chapter 3: Battle in the Woods

A Chapter by Nino James P. Cuestas
"

As they are getting near on the entrance, trouble stops dead on their tracks.

"
                                As the midnight ticks the gang were already walking for an hour which makes Blake very impatient '' Come on when should we reach the entrance! were already walking for an hour!,'' Blake impatiently said it to Grouch. '' Relax! the more time we walk the closer for us to reach Adaria!'' the annoyed Grouch said in a stern voice which stops Blake from complaining. Suddenly a rustling noise where heard and Grouch instantly fired his Earth Arrows in the location where the sound begun, but the one who caused the noise was just a crawling snake, the three children where shock because of the no warning attack by Gouch, '' Shiit! can you just look at it, don't directly shoot you're scaring us!,'' Blake said in shock but Grouch only turned around him with a simple smile and said a simple apology, jokingly which angers Blake. Minutes later the three children fell on their knees because they were already tired as said by Harold why having several deep breathes '' Why.. did... you tortured us like this?,'' then '' I didn't tortured you'' said Grouch. '' As he look on the right Grouch was shock because he saw something suspicious in the tree '' Blake... I know the reason why the road is far.... really far.
                                         
                                  ''Why?,'' said Blake, Grouch pointed on the tree and to everybody's surprise it was the same tree were Grouch shoot his arrows in the first place. '' so we were just walking in circles ,aye?'' said Harold. '' Yes, and somebody was playing with us the whole time!'' replied Grouch then suddenly he shoot his earth arrows in the bushes he then continued '' Blake!, Rosa!, Harold!, hide!'' then the children hide and two figures came out from the bushes, the two were the Minotaur and the Tikbalang (just search it in the internet) '' Hmmmm, you two are mineral elves in which I believe'' Guessed Grouch. '' It doesn't matter to you... die!'' said the Minotaur then created a trench between Grouch which he easily escape by jumping, but in mid flight the tikbalang suddenly appeared with an earth hammer about to smash Grouch's face but Grouch grabs the hammer and hit it on the Tikbalang, sending it flying and hit on a tree, when Grouch face in the Minotaur he saw the Minotaur charging with an earth lance but the Minotaur missed and the Lance hit on a tree. '' You're too weak and dumb'' commented Grouch which angers the minotaur. '' Hey!.. is this one of your friends?'' said the Tikbalang in a slight smirk, '' Release her!'' said Grouch angrily '' Hm, you already know the answer'' said the Tikbalang. ''Help me!'' Rosa plead, '' Rosa, stand still'' said Grouch in a cold voice then Grouch punched the ground which a small boulder came out, then he puched the boulder making it fly towards Rosa and the Tikbalang. Then the boulder split itself and split its way which missed it's target. '' Hahahah, you missed AAk'' the Tikbalang cried in pain when the split boulders assemble together in the back and flies towards the Tikbalang's back. Then Rosa flees and was told by Grouch to hide faraway. then '' Here take this!'' said the Tikbalang while trying to crush Grouch's head with two small boulders in his hands which Grouch escaped then followed by Grouch kicking the Tikbalang's torso, but to his surprise the weakened tikbalang enclosed itself, including Grouch in a hollow ball of Crystals ( after all his a mineral elf) '' Hah, how do you like that Gaia Elf!'' boasted the Minotaur.

                                    '' Oh no!'' thought Rosa. Inside the crystal ball Grouch is still fighting the Tikbalang with his earth gloves while the Tikbalang  used the earth hammer. '' Victims cannot survive the hidden ability: Crystal Ball Arena! only the user can survive!'' boasted the weakened Tikbalang. Then Grouch spin in cross formation, forming a wide tornado, but was stopped when three projectiles stabbed Grouch's left arm, crying in pain. '' Lost... your...coolness!'' said the weakened Tikbalang while throwing his earth hammer on Grouch the second time only to be blocked by Grouch's earth gloves in which the gloves receives a moderate damage because of the impact of the hammer. Both were weakened and paused for a moment to breath then they charged each other, as they were nearing each other a flash of light suddenly appear. In the outside the Minotaur was sitting in a rock waiting for the fight to end, but in shock the crystal ball is about to explode since it was swollen and glowing, after the moment the crystal exploded sending particles everywhere, some almost hit the three children. The Minotaur injured his arms and in disbelief the two elves that was trapped was still alive but badly weakened ( Grouch is weaker) Then they still fight in Hand to Hand combat until the Minotaur trapped Grouch's feet in the ground which the Tikbalang has the opportunity to punched many times on Grouch, the the Minotaur said '' This is our opportunity to crush him!'' then '' Alright'' replied the Tikbalang and hop away a few feet from Grouch and both the Minotaur and the Tikbalang stomp the ground making a giant slab of rock came out in front of them, then they kicked the slabs towards Grouch, sandwiching him to death, which is proof when blood gush out between the slabs. '' Grouch !'' said Blake, foolishly reveal himself to the two, '' Blake you idiot!'' thought Harold '' Blake...''  thought Rosa. '' Well well well look we got here..'' said the Minotaur then the Minotaur was about to charged Blake when the Tikbalang punched right in the face of the Minotaur using the earth glove '' What the Hell!?'' said the Minotaur


                                                  Then the body of the Tikbalang is already breaking like an egg shell until the only thing left is a standing Grouch. " Grouch..!'' said the three children in shock, '' I thought you are dead!... And If you're Grouch then who's in the-'' the Minotaur said when cut off when the slabs fell and the only thing inside is the flattened body of the Tikbalang '' How... How could this be'' continued the Minotaur then Grouch said '' When we're getting closer I used the sands from the sand elves to make us switch places with the Tikbalang.. The only side effect is the user and the victim will temporarily switch appearance... I used the side effect as an advantage... and yes you help me from killing your friend'' '' wow. smart move you gotten there Grouch'' cheered Blake. '' How.. How could you do this to me!! No matter I will spare you and you're puny friends from defeating my friend'' said the Minotaur then disappeared. a few moments later they reached the entrance. Grouch desperately opened the portal and then they entered. 


Next Chapter: 101 things to know about Adaria!       


© 2011 Nino James P. Cuestas


Author's Note

Nino James P. Cuestas
Please post you're questions and the answers will be answered in the next chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i read all three chapter they are really good i couldnt stop reading so when will the next chapter be posted?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
1 Review
Added on May 26, 2011
Last Updated on May 26, 2011
Tags: Adventure, Action, Fantasy, Magic, Elements, Technology


Author

Nino James P. Cuestas
Nino James P. Cuestas

Cebu, Cebu, Philippines



About
We'll i like to write naruto next generation and final tination 6 more..

Writing