1. The Beginning of the End

1. The Beginning of the End

A Chapter by Pancae
"

--

"
It is all over. The world has had enough of humans. Enough of the creatures that tortured it for 
centuries and, in hopes of destroying the monsters, the world send a plague to wipe them all out. A plague that could only attach to animals, but the animals didn't last long and died. They didn't show any signs of being infected, apart from one single small thing. Their blood. After a day it turned black as a side effect of the plague.
But before the blood could change color, the many infected animals were already killed and on their way to the supermarkets. 
That's how the plague spread through humans, but the human body give in to the plague a lot faster. 
Some give in to the plague, seeing no point in protesting the harsh reality of things. Some found reasons to believe and rebel against it. Some stayed hidden to protect their families whilst rebelling against the world. Those people call themselves ' The Resistance ' and I'm one of them, but that's all that I am. A nameless teenager with a sister to care for. A sister that I don't even remember.

***

Isn't it funny how everything can change so suddenly ? I guess that it would be funny if that something
changed for the better, but it didn't. It changed far beyond worst. Everything seems so unrealistic. That kind of disease is fiction, fiction that is put into reality in video games or TV shows, but this is neither. Whats worse is that that is the only thing that I can remember. The plague and the fact that this is reality. Nothing else. Not even my own name or a sister that I was told I grew up with. 

***
When I opened my eyes, the first thing that caught my attention was the painful throbbing at the back
of my head. Like the brain itself was set on fire and everything else was spared. I tried to lift my hand to check that I wasn't bleeding, but I couldn't lift it. I tried to look and see if my arm was blocked by anything, but I couldn't lift my head or arm to check and the same thing happened to my voice. I was unable to scream, speak or whisper. The only thing that I could do was stare, stare at the bright light up ahead that was dimmed by tree branches. Other than that, nothing. 
Then came the questions. Why was I here ?  Where was I ?  Who was I ?... I tried to concentrate, to make my 
brain think and tell me the answers, but all that it could focus on was the pain at the back of my head. Then something else caught my attention. A ringing... No.. A voice. A very faint voice that gradually grew louder.
'' Kenzie ! Oh God, Kenzie ! Get up ! They're coming ! Hurry ! '' 
The little voice became the only thing that my brain felt the need to focus on. Not the sentence but the voice itself. Maybe it was the fact that it somehow, slowly numbed the stabbing pain at the back of my head, or because it was curious of what the voice meant, but either way I somehow slipped out of the nothingness and was able to think for myself. Kenzie, Oh God Kenzie, Get up, They're coming, Hurry. The little voice continued to ring inside of my head. Kenzie. Who is Kenzie ? Is there another person somewhere that lay near me, unable to move ? They're coming.  Who's coming ? The monsters with rotting flesh ? 
I blinked a few times in attempt to make myself focus, but then somebody's hands grabbed mine and
started tugging. 
'' Hurry up ! ''
It was the little voice again. I tried to look up and see the little voice, to see if it was the voice that was tugging my hands now. After a few seconds the tugging stopped and I fell back into the nothingness. 

The next time I woke up, the scenery around me was different and I could move my head with little pain that protested.
I tried to get up, but was pushed back with the same throbbing pain that made me paralyzed earlier. So instead of attempting to sit up I took around my surroundings. It was dark now and the darkness was lit by a small fire and a small, triangular opening in the wall to my right. It was a rather small space, yet something about it seemed comforting. Everything was still and silent, all apart from my quick breathing. No... It wasn't my breathing. Was there an animal near me, or was it one of those people who were coming ? Or worse, were one of the infected here ? 
'' Kenzie, Thank God... I thought that you would never wake up. '' 
It was that little voice again. A little voice that belonged to a girl, a 12 year old girl that had her arms wrapped around me. She had short hair that looked dark brown in the dim light, hair that was wiped back into a ponytail, big ocean blue eyes and a face covered in dirt. A face that I didn't know. 
'' Kenzie ? '' 
Her voice was a lot more alarming now, she pulled herself away from me and the alarm and panic were written on her face. I tried to find my voice, and when I did, it sounded far too rough. 
'' Where am I ? ... What happened ? ... Who ... Who am I ? '' 
The questions rushed out of my mouth and I regretted them almost automatically. Pain twisted on the girl's face. Pain, betrayal and confusion.


© 2013 Pancae


Author's Note

Pancae
I'd really appreciate any comments/reviews ^^ .

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

537 Views
Added on August 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 25, 2013
Tags: zombie apocalypse, apocalyptic universe, amnesia, teen.


Author

Pancae
Pancae

Hogwarts , House : Slytherin



About
I'm a -insert age here- year old that has many novel/story ideas but doesn't know where to share them. I don't know what to do with my life yet, but know that I enjoy creating different plot lines. more..

Writing
1. Prologue 1. Prologue

A Chapter by Pancae


2. Callum 2. Callum

A Chapter by Pancae


The Passing The Passing

A Book by Pancae