3. Memories

3. Memories

A Chapter by Pancae
"

--

"
This place turned out to be much bigger than I expected. Alex showed me around and made sure that nobody
questioned my sanity. He told me that it'd be better if only a few people knew about my memory loss.
This place was a bomb shelter. An underground, abandoned, build out bomb shelter that now held about 20 people. 

A few weeks passed from the first day that I arrived here, but not much has changed. Alex keeps his distance while Rose insists on making me remember the faintest of things. Sometimes it works, other times its just my imagination but Rose did manage to convince me that I am her sister. Due to one of the talks a faint memory was stirred up from my brain. 

We were inside of a field filled with daisies. We were making a daisy chain and talking about something,
something i cannot remember but it felt wonderful, so it mustn't have been bad. Then Rose's voice disappeared 
for longer than necessary and I felt panic. Panic and pain, both so deep that it hurt so much, yet my screaming
and calling wasn't answered. I rushed around, searching the surrounding place. How could it be ? Why did this 
happen ? Why does it hurt so much ? 
Then she jumped out at me, squealing, laughing and hugging me. 

Then the memory was cut.

The pain was so deep then. It could be compared to a mother finding out that her child has been killed... Ever since that memory surfaced I couldn't make myself doubt that me and Rose were related. I could feel that I was missing something big, but neither Rose or Alex would help. 

Everything felt like a routine now. I didn't exit my room at all, not since Alex give me a tour of 
our new home, but today was different. Alex came in and woke me up early in the morning and took me out of the room, giving an explanation only when I asked.
'' You'll be meeting our top commander, the person that runs this place and gives out orders... She'll need to know what's up with you. '' 
'' She ? '' I asked, a bit surprised. '' Is the soul of this place a woman ? '' 
'' Is that a surprise ? '' 
Even though it was a question, I didn't feel the need to answer. Ever since seeing ' ol' man Joe ', I always pictured a once-military commander type of man as the head of this survival group. Could it really be ? Was a woman so strong - both emotionally and physically - to keep 20 people in order in a world that will most likely never be normal ? 
The questioned stirred inside of my mind over and over again whilst following after Alex. 
Ever since our first meeting he hasn't said anything to me; its usually me doing the asking. I can feel tension around us any time he might be around, but never have I spoken out loud about it. 
' Hey, why do you feel so down around me all the time ? ' Doesn't sound like a good conversation starter. 
I  forced the thought out of my head, knowing that thinking about it won't do any good and instead focused on something more important. 
Along with Rose's memory talks, I've tried to talk things out of her. 
- What was our past like ?
- Where were our parents ? 
- How did we get here ?
- Why didn't we go anywhere else ? 
But every time I mention anything about the past her smile fades and the atmosphere around us changes. It signals a time-out and I find myself instantly changing the subject. The only thing that I did manage to find out was the fact that our  parents passed away, how, when or why I have no idea nor do I have the heart to torture it out of Rose. 


© 2013 Pancae


Author's Note

Pancae
--

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

173 Views
Added on September 22, 2013
Last Updated on December 25, 2013
Tags: apocalypse, zombies, shelter, people, guns, abilities.


Author

Pancae
Pancae

Hogwarts , House : Slytherin



About
I'm a -insert age here- year old that has many novel/story ideas but doesn't know where to share them. I don't know what to do with my life yet, but know that I enjoy creating different plot lines. more..

Writing
1. Prologue 1. Prologue

A Chapter by Pancae


2. Callum 2. Callum

A Chapter by Pancae


The Passing The Passing

A Book by Pancae