10. Alex

10. Alex

A Chapter by Pancae

So, after I blew my cover of being sane by the groups standards, I've received more glares
while going on my guarding duties with my spade cross-over. My morning, afternoon and night duties were now mostly with Joe, sometimes with Kalenah and rarely with Alex. Sometimes there were the odd people but Rose always seemed to be close by on those days, as if making sure that I wouldn't question the people. 
4 days past from my up-front memory-loss confession and today was the day when I was told to leave and look for food with 7 others. 
Aside from Gareth, Alex and myself, Kalenah also assigned Simon, Clover, Tim and Joe after I stormed off that night. 
( No surprise in Joe being there - apparently having a leader and a second-in-command was a must ). 
I was just getting my better shoes on when I heard a light knock on the door. A light knock that could only signify one person. 
" Its open, Rose. " I called. 
The metal thing squeaked as it opened to let the girl in. She quickly shut it just when I stood up straight.
" Whats up ? " 
" I uh.. " Her dark eyes seemed to be mesmerized by something on the ground. Her hands tugged at the bottom of her shirt. 
" I've got to tell you something. " She finally whispered. 
I frowned at her. Rose was never this serious.. or quiet. She was usually a happy girl that'd joke serious stuff off. 
I sat at the foot of my bed and patted the space next to me, gesturing for her to sit down. 
" Tell me. "
After thinking about it for a while that seemed too long, Rose slowly sat at the bed. 
" I... I don't even know how to say this... " 
My hand lightly touched her shoulder.
" Come on, I'm your sister. I'll understand, whatever it is. " I let my lips attempt at pulling of a re-assuring smile that apparently failed, judging by Rose's face. 
" Okay.. here it is. " Her eyes finally met mine. 
" Alex. He was- is- was your boyfriend. "
Now, that threw me back. He couldn't be. That was simply too silly. Alex, the guy that doesn't even look at me ? The guy that glares and doesn't talk to me ? 
" Rose.. I think you might be a bit confused.. " 
Her face quickly turned to slight anger at that.
" No, im serious. You two used to go out for I don't know how long. He's just upset, that's why he's so sharp with you. He wants you to come back, to be the girl you used to be. But you are and he doesn't see it. Kenzie, you are the you you were. 
Something happened in our past.. You done something that saved me and you... It used to torture you but.. but you got over it.. Kenzie, you overcame it ! And.. And he's trying to rid that memory from you. I agreed, in the beginning but.. but he'll make stuff up.. He'll talk of a life you never had, lived through things you never truly experienced. 
Kenzie.. he still loves you although he denies it.. You can't trust him. Not now.. Promise me you won't. " 
She grabbed a hold of my shoulders, a few tears stroking her face once more. 
" I promise. "


© 2014 Pancae


Author's Note

Pancae
for anyone who might be reading ^^;
sorry if its a little short. I plan on kicking things in once they leave the camp.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on July 15, 2014
Last Updated on July 15, 2014
Tags: zombie apocalypse, apocalyptic universe, amnesia, teen


Author

Pancae
Pancae

Hogwarts , House : Slytherin



About
I'm a -insert age here- year old that has many novel/story ideas but doesn't know where to share them. I don't know what to do with my life yet, but know that I enjoy creating different plot lines. more..

Writing
1. Prologue 1. Prologue

A Chapter by Pancae


2. Callum 2. Callum

A Chapter by Pancae


The Passing The Passing

A Book by Pancae