9. Campfire

9. Campfire

A Chapter by Pancae

Turns out that Rose was with 10 other people, surprisingly Alex and Kalenah were included 
in that 10. As they passed, Kalenah greeted me with a smile, Alex without any acknowledgment and Rose with a hug. I wrapped my arms around her. 
'' So.. how was it ? '' Felt like the right thing to say. 
'' Hah. We were out trying your idea. Turns out I'm not so bad at archery, you know. '' She grinned at me. 
I chuckled and nodded. 
'' Yea I know. '' 
Then, just when Rose was about to say something, someone whistled and everyone began gathering around a fire that people put together. 
'' Campfire ? ''  I asked myself. 
'' Yea. We started having them to take peoples minds off things. You know.. Its sort of fun '' Rose smirked at me again before tugging my arm in a gesture that simply ordered me to follow her. 
'' Uh.. I think I'm still on duty. '' I said.
'' Nope, you're not. '' She took the crossover weapon from my hands and pressed it against Alex's chest, leaving him before he could say anything. 
'' He is. '' 

***
As everyone gathered around the campfire to sit on chunks of wood that the people were carrying around earlier, Kalenah took her seat at the head ( or what was supposed to be the head ) of the seating arrangement. 
'' So, as usual, we'll start off with the good updates. 

Gareth and Simon found a few weapons. They're not a big upgrade from what we've got, but its good enough. 
During our trip to the town, we managed to find some canned stuff. So, we should last 3 more days before others head out to find food. 
And, due to Kenzie's brilliant suggestion, we have found our archers. Or 3 of them anyway. 
Gareth, Alex and Rose. '' 
People cheered and whistled at that. The guys got a few pats on the backs and Rose got smiles and congratulations. It all looked nearly normal. 
'' Now.. during the raid we did find something.. special. ''
Then the smell hit me. 
Through the fires burning and the slightly heavy air around us, I could smell the delicate scent of something that I thought I had forgotten. 
'' Chocolate ? '' 
Rose whispered, just about managing to sit still without getting up. 
'' Yea - we found some at this huge mansion. There should be enough for everyone. '' Kalenag smiled, just when cups were being passed around.
People stared in amazement at the brown liquid, just barely gathering the strength to pass it to someone else.
Soon enough everyone had a cup and I could help but drink it. 
Although the drink was quite watery, it tasted wonderful.  The chocolate burst in my mouth in fireworks of delicate liquid drops. The sweet water left a taste in my mouth that brought back some blurry images into my head.
I managed to get down 3 big gulps before Rose put down her cup and breathed out with a smile.
'' That tastes wonderful.. I've always loved chocolate. '' 
I passed my cup to her. 
'' Here. I'm done. '' 
'' Are you su- '' 
'' A congratulations gift, archer. '' 
She smiled before beginning to drink. 

                                  ***

 The rest of the night was spend singing some songs and laughing, talking of the past and the future plans along with thoughts about everything and nothing. People shared some of their stories while the younger ones were send off to sleep. Rose protested for a bit, but I promised her that I'd update her on anything that she'd miss. 
I changed my mind as soon as I knew what information she missed. 
Just when the younger ones were out of sight Kalenah stood up and silence flooded the once singing crowd. 

'' Joe, Alex, come. 
We've got to set the next raid people. I've it all planned out - all of you just need to listen and say if you're not up for it. Your place will be up for debate. 
Alright. '' 
I glanced around at the surrounding people, non of them seemed to be smiling anymore. 
'' Gareth. Are you up for it ?  '' 
I looked around for the boy that got called. 
'' Sure. '' 
A tan 20 year old that looked like he could lead a high-school football team. His blue eyes flicked to me after Kalenah replied something. He winked at me - leaving me to swing myself around and act as if I never saw. My blush give it away. 
'' Alex ? '' 
I let myself look at him only to have him glaring at me. 
'' I .. uh.. what ? '' 
'' Are you okay to go ? '' 
'' Oh, yea. Okay. '' 
'' Mackenzie ? '' 
'' Yup ? '' 
I asked, only to realize what that meant. 
'' Oh, yea of co- '' 
'' No. '' 
Alex interrupted, glaring at me. He flicked his eyes from me to Kalenah. 
'' Oh come on. '' 
I rolled me eyes. 
'' Sure. I'll go. '' 
'' No you won't. Kalenah, you can't let her go. She's got a sister, besides you know what happened. ''
And that meant I was too psycho to go ?! I wouldn't die ! 
'' I'm not a kid Alex ! You don't get to decide for me. I might have lost my memories, but not my brain. I'm still sane. '' 
And with that everyone turned to look at me. 
Then I remembered. 
Rose, Alex, Kalenah and Joe were supposed to be the only ones that knew. 





© 2014 Pancae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on July 1, 2014
Last Updated on July 1, 2014


Author

Pancae
Pancae

Hogwarts , House : Slytherin



About
I'm a -insert age here- year old that has many novel/story ideas but doesn't know where to share them. I don't know what to do with my life yet, but know that I enjoy creating different plot lines. more..

Writing
1. Prologue 1. Prologue

A Chapter by Pancae


2. Callum 2. Callum

A Chapter by Pancae


The Passing The Passing

A Book by Pancae