A Poorly Coded Letter Of Espionage Penned By Uninformed Thief

A Poorly Coded Letter Of Espionage Penned By Uninformed Thief

A Chapter by Phillip W Parsons
"

Have a plan. Execute the plan. Keep all correspondence coded. Make sure target is what you think it is. Check, check, meh, definitely not check.

"
Dearest Roger,
I am writing to check on your well being as it has been 2 Sundays since I heard from you last. I assume you are in good health and continuing to take the mint vitamin supplements Dr. Franklin prescribed in his office next to the armored car storage.
The daffodils have begun to bloom and I suspect we shall see the cherry blossoms in no more than 3 days: probably around lunchtime on the third day. 
Your mother stopped by last evening to bring your forwarded mail. She misses you and suggests you call her. She may go out to eat so perhaps call the payphone outside her favorite restaurant.
Last Tuesday, just past 11:00 a.m. a stray dog ran through the yard and scared all the birds from the cherry tree. I remember the exact time as the armored car was returning from Franklin Street as it does at that time every Tuesday. The dog's collar was Mint green.
Your college roommate, Rob telephoned earlier. He wanted you to know he is feeling much better and his health is in Mint condition. He mentioned your old drinking pal, Franklin, who's health is also in Mint condition. Everyone is well. Rob, Franklin, Mint condition!
Be well and take a little time for yourself. I hear Tuesday mornings around 11:00 a.m. are a wonderful time to take a walk under the newly blossomed cherry trees on Franklin Avenue.
Best Wishes,
Gretta Waycar Driver
(P.S. The hail can be as piercing as bullets this time of year so be sure to bring a "Hail" proof vest)


© 2020 Phillip W Parsons


Author's Note

Phillip W Parsons
I was quite a ways into writing this when I remembered Franklin Mint is not a U.S. mint but a shawty replicator of coins and crappy commemorative plates you keep in a prominent place on the mantle. Even better. They're going to make off with a bunch of aluminum.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on March 14, 2020
Last Updated on March 14, 2020