Letter from a child to an astronaut.

Letter from a child to an astronaut.

A Chapter by Phillip W Parsons

Dear astronaut,

Are you safe up there? We are not safe down here. They stopped school because of the virus. I did not think I would miss school. I do. Does the Earth look different now? It feels different. People walk a lot but they cross all the way across the street when they get too close.

Are you lonely? I'm lonely. I feel like an astronaut. Nothing is normal. Nothing is natural. I am in my room and I talk to people with my laptop. Do you talk to people with your laptop? It is not the same.

I wish I was on a spaceship like you. I would be far away from Corona. I think it's safer up there and it's not so different, just safer. We do not pet dogs anymore. I bet you don't have any dogs so that's not a problem. Mom says petting dogs can make us sick but dogs always want to be petted. I feel bad for dogs. They must be lonely too.

Is there a place you could go instead of coming back to Earth? If there is I think you should go there. It is not safe here and you could find another planet to go to and be safe and happier.

I look at the sky from my window and there are so many stars. I have picked the one I would go to. It is bright and flickery. You should go there. Don't come back here. It's not a good time to come back. I don't know when it will be a good time to come back, but until then you should find that flickery star and go there.

Truly,
A child of Earth



© 2020 Phillip W Parsons


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on April 28, 2020
Last Updated on April 28, 2020