Chapter 4 - Dante: Glow

Chapter 4 - Dante: Glow

A Chapter by Agent Phyxsiuss
"

Something strange is happening between Samantha and Dante.

"
She was gone just like that. I looked around when I moved my car from where I was parking. Damn. I should follow her. But she was like just a wind. I don't even know where she is now. I was just about to leave fast when my mobile phone buzzed. I pressed the answer button my dashboard.
"Dude, wanna come watch a game?" Ray Toledo started. He's one of my friends in my circle. They were studying in the same university Of course, he's an immortal.
"Game?" I asked as I drive out slowly.
"Combat game." Todd Marks replied from the background. He's also my friend.
"Where?" I asked again. I stopped driving. It piqued my interest. Besides, I have to not think about Samantha. A little bit of combat game would be a perfect distraction before I become a stalker.
"Meet us in front of the campus. We'll convoy." David Hoff replied. Ah. We were speaking in a conference mode. I turned off the call and did what was planned. I reached the meeting point, seeing their cars waiting for me. David lead the convoy as we cruised the main road. 10 minutes later, driving at 100kph, we reached a parking area. I looked around and saw what looked like a construction zone. The big gate was just about to close when I caught that sensation again. I frowned and checked if Samantha was around. It would be impossible if she would enter that construction site, wouldn't it? We parked and got off from our cars. It was just drizzling now, so I just pulled up my coat and approached the guys.
"Your eyes are telling me so much things, Dante." David started as he shook my hand. David is my best friend. We grew up together. He looked at me intently as I smiled. "Who's the girl?" He asked. We started walking and of course, letting Todd and Ray hear that question, they started pounding me with questions. I didn't answer any of them. I just laughed with them. David kept glancing at me.
"I'll tell you later." I muttered softly. Feigning a sigh. We entered a garage door. about 50 meters away from the big a*s gate. The sensation's still there though muted a little. Todd and Ray started signing on a tablet. Curious I asked David. "What's going on?"
The bulky man at the register handed us a tablet. David signed on his while explaining. I was just scanning through the text on the screen catching some words like game, patrons, members, players, violence, humans, immortals, and zombies.
"We have to sign a NDA" he started. A crease formed between my eyebrows. Why? I thought. "Everything we see, hear, or experience in this area should not be told or shared with anyone who weren't there to watch. The games are open for all species members of the Place. And anything that happens here are bound by the contract." He continued. "Whatever happens inside should not be openly discussed in public in between patrons." I signed on my screen and handed my tablet to the bulky man. We were then ushered towards the left entrance and showed me game hall. We walked up the stairs and went to the premiere seats.
I was busy looking around. Noticing different groups of species seated around the hall. In the game platform, players are brutally hitting each other. Seems like the undercard game. Only few are watching it intently. Most of the patrons are just getting in. My friends are talking with each other.
"I heard the main game tonight is advanced. Sam versus Leon." Ray chatted with Todd. The sensation grew stronger as I heard the name Sam. Could it be her? Well, must be a guy. Not all Sam mean Samantha, right?
The game ended, announcing the player named Mia won. The opponent was almost lifeless on the floor. They cleaned up the site and few minutes later, the lights dimmed. Suddenly, a voice was heard all over the place.
"Welcome patrons and members. Tonight's main game is a bloody one. Although no one is deemed to be killed tonight." People booed a little. "Get ready. Place your bets now for those who wanted to bet. And be sure to enjoy the game!" The lights flooded and people started cheering.
"Here comes Leeeeeeeoooooooonnnn McLeod!" From the left archway of the gaming arena, came out a guy with large physique and standing at 7 feet. He looked obviously a zombie and here I was already thinking about betting on him when I started feeling the sensation getting stronger and I watched myself glow a little bit then the MC announced the other player.
"Ladies and gentlement, please welcome, the belle of the Place: Samantha Wilkins!" My eyes grew big. I moved forward from my seat and saw her come out of the right archway.
My heart halted at the sight of her. She came out in white workout outfit. Her hair tied high on her head. A total contrast of Leon, who was wearing all black. She looked confused though. She's glowing like me. I glanced at my friends who seems to be entranced with what I was also seeing.
"God... she's really pretty. Shame for me that she's a lot stronger than me." Todd whispered. I looked back at her. Is she serious? She's going to fight with Leon? I suddenly felt nervous for her. But although confused, she looked calm. She doesn't show any fear. She stepped on the fighting platform.
Leon was laughing, taunting at the her. But she just smiled. She was flexing her neck and arms. No longer focusing on how she glows. I was still focused on her. Didn't even see David leaning towards me.
"Samantha Wilkins, Dante?" He whispered. I just nodded. "Why are the two of you glowing in gold?" He asked.
"I don't know either. I just started glowing as well." I replied.
"What are you planning?" He asked, looking back at the two players.
"I just want to know her, man. She seems avoiding me during the class earlier." I whispered.
"She's one of the editors in the university paper. I can set an appointment with her." He shrugged.
I looked at him raising an eyebrow. "How?"
"Remember, Sarah is one of the editors too." Ah, yes. His girlfriend Sarah.Of course. That would be a great plan.
"Yes, please. Set an appointment with her." I said. Now watching the players move around as the bell rung.


© 2016 Agent Phyxsiuss


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on February 19, 2016
Last Updated on July 1, 2016
Tags: Connection, Samantha, Dante, Combat, Glow


Author

Agent Phyxsiuss
Agent Phyxsiuss

Antipolo City, United Kingdom



About
If you also face any kind of tech issue in your router and software programs then contact us at our toll-free help desk number 0800-098-8582. more..

Writing