Chapter 12 - Dante: Worries

Chapter 12 - Dante: Worries

A Chapter by Agent Phyxsiuss
"

To terminate the relationship or death?

"
The day passed and I went to the city hall. Council members are already huddling thinking of what to do to protect the town. But all of their suggestions are selfish. The Lichten City barricaded its walls. The hope of ever seeing her again seems lower now. I don't even know what has happened to her. I kept sending her messages but she never replied to any of them.
"Dante, you have to head the council." my mother said sitting beside me.
"He will be ready when he's ready, my love." my father said standing up. "They had to install me as the council head again just because of the incident. As long as no walkers arrive here, we're safe."
"But as I said yesterday, father, we have to be ready as well. We have to train to at least save everyone here." I said.
"Nonsense. We can only be in an appalling situation should we be beheaded." my father said firmly.
"Every town around us is prepared. Zombies are not totally in danger but they still have to prepare. To train. They are skilled. They are ready for combat. We have to at least help others not keep ourselves inside the walls." I stood up.
"We are immortals, my son. We can always save ourselves."
"We are immortals. And we are selfish." I cried out. Everyone in the room seemed to stop whatever they are doing.
"What do you mean, young man?" my father whispered.
"We have to save the humans and the zombies as well.We are not supposed to be on our thrones and look at them getting killed." I said. I walked around. Watching their reactions. "We are supposed to help each other. We are in one country. if both of them fall, all of us, yes, all of us will be too. Even if we can't die in manner of their death, someone, surely, someone will definitely find a way to end us. And everyone of us knows how." They all looked away. They know that I am right.
"Fine.." My father said after few minutes of recollecting. He faced the council. "Everyone, we are to call our sons to do a combat training. Starting tomorrow."
"Why not include girls who would like to join?" I asked.
"Girls are supposed to be our healers." One of the council officers explained.
"Healers? But they don't have powers." exclaimed the other.
"Girls can join the combat if they want to. But if not, they can just join to gather all elders, disabled, and children. They will do the house management." Another commented.
That's better. At least they have a choice. I sat back and tried to contact Samantha again.

What's going on out there?

I sent a message then looked up and saw that everyone was looking at me. Apparently, my father was asking something.
"Sorry, what was it again?" I asked.
"We were asking if you know anyone who can give us an information of whatever is happening right now." my father was asking.
"You might be forgetting Gallagher Boost." I muttered.
"Ah! Yes, Gallagher. We can make a contact with him. I guess they've setup headquarters. Donnie, can you make contact with Mr. Boost? Immediately." He commanded one of the henchmen. Donnie dialed on his mobile.
"We should also setup a communications area." one of the council members suggested.
"We could use the old one. At the basement." the other replied. Everyone muttered in agreement. Donnie then approached my father. He muttered something back to Donnie after which, the henchman walked away.
"Gallagher Boost is ready for contact." my father said. My heart pounded loudly in my chest. Oh, I hope Samantha's beside him. The large hologram screen appeared in the middle of the room.
"Gallagher, Alistair Fitzgerald here. Hello." Gallagher's face appeared. No one's beside him. I just can see people walking in and out of the view. My heart sank. But my ears are active, wanting to hear news about Samantha.
"Alistair, nice to see you. How's Lichten?" Gallagher asked.
"Doing great so far. Our walls are still up." my father replied. "How's Nouvelle Vie?"
Gallagher checked something at the side of his desk. Suddenly a small screen at the bottom corner appeared and it showed how it looks like. There were dead walkers everywhere and it seems as if it's at the city market.
"A group I know are making rounds and killing walkers. As per my contact, they are searching for the portal where the walkers came from. There are still some places (the screen changed and showed a horde of walkers crowding in front of the university gate) that needs protection. It's quite getting heavy here. We need a lot of help. The government forces are not even doing anything."
"How is Samantha, sir?" I can't help but ask. My father stared at me.
"Well." He cleared his throat. "Samantha is currently busy. I don't exactly know where she is now but the last time we talked, she informed me that she's helping the elders' home."
Thank God for that news. "Thank you." I muttered.
"What can we do to help, Gallagher." my father asked.
"Well, aside from barricading your city, it would be a great help if you can ask the government to send forces to stop the walkers. Zombie community is already doing the necessary action to stop the flow of the walkers from their sewers. Their forces are already moving."
"Got it. We'll get in touch soon." Alistair replied. Then the hologram was gone. He stood up and announced to the members. "Let's call up everyone for combat. Those who wish to join the combat should go to the clubhouse for the training and those who cannot or just doesn't want should proceed and take care of the elders, children, and disabled. Dante is right. We have to do our part." then everyone stood up and was about to go out of the hall when one of the henchmen went in and said something to my father.
My father looked pale. He cleared his throat. "We have to move quickly. I was just informed that one part of the wall was starting to crack. According to my sources, a horde of walkers are pounding it." Tension rose inside the hall. But my father instructed everyone to keep calm. They hurried out as I called my friends Todd, David, and Ray telling them to go to the clubhouse and collect every weapon we can gather. Although we can't die from a bite from a walker, the risk of getting our heads ripped off is high.
Few minutes later, we were able to gather 100 people who are willing to train for combat. The mercenaries and henchmen are our instructors. Giving us basic attack and dodge training. We were also taught how to use our weapons especially the swords and other blades. Some women volunteered to create protective gears apart from the armours available.
We were resting when my mobile phone buzzed. Finally. It was Samantha. I answered it immediately.
"Samantha, where are you?" I asked hurriedly.
"I'm currently done fighting at the university gate. " I heard a walker growl. "Wait." Then a splatter sound followed.
"what happened?" I asked.
"Well, there are still some walkers lurking around. The guys and I are still looking for them." I heard the clink of metal in the background. "Well, no one's really helping here. I am starting to get tired but we have to finish everything here. The zombie forces are getting outnumbered too. And they as well built a wall and are just trying to protect their city."
"We're doing our best here to train a little to help. My father already spoke with the government to send forces. I don't know what happened or whatever the result is." I explained.
"Nah. it's ok. I just called anyway to say thank you to all of your messages. I just read it. But my battery's getting lower so this might be my last call for the day. I don't know when will I be able to go back to the gardens."
"Please be safe, babe."
"I will." Then someone from the background fired. "I have to go. 10 walkers are approaching." She then turned the line off.
The call made me feel at ease but at the same time helpless. I don't know if I can be as helpful. I just need to stay alive for her. I can't feel any sensations. And it makes me anxious. The distance is too great. I stood up and decided to spar with the dummy setup. Few hours later, we made a plan. People will start patrolling the city in groups. Some would be at the watchtowers and near the walls. Mercenaries and Henchmen are buddied with some groups. I'm leading the headquarters. Monitoring the movements outside the city walls. There was surely a huge crack at the west wall. My team and I immediately went to the scene. And we tried as much as possible to support the crack. The crack was now stabilized. By patching it with plasters made of quick dry cement and modeling plaster, and plaster of Paris. Curving at the point of the crack, meter away, my comrades built a barricade of wooden and metal spikes about 10 feet in height. Then another meter away, a barricade of sandbags about 10 feet in height with hidden metal spikes are built. Watch windows were placed as well in those sand bag fort. This was just to subdue the walkers attack in case the plasters gave away.
By the end of the day, the immortals are prepared like the other cities. I am still worried though. No news about Samantha. I walked towards the city hall when one of the mercenaries told me that my father needs to speak with me. I entered the hall and saw my father situated at the head of the conference hall.
"Son, any news?" he asked. I told him about the crack and the precautions we made. And told him about what was happening outside as related by Samantha.
"Well, about Samantha, my dear..." my mother interrupted. "We got an intel that she was now MIA." Shock spread all throughout my body.
"Who...." I can't believe it.
"There was a horde of walkers getting close to their gardens. Although the place was protected, everyone flee. It was sealed and apparently, no one, not even Gallagher knew where she is."
"When was this?" I asked
"About 4PM. It came from the government intel." my father said.
"I have to find her." I said walking out but my mother stopped me.
"I know what you feel. But it would be dangerous for you, Dante. "
"She's human, mum. I have to help. If the government can't help them, I will try."
"Understand me, son. I'd rather want to keep you safe than get involved with a human." my mother said coldly. I narrowed my eyes at her.
"We forbid you to go after that girl, Dante." my father broke eye contact with my mother.
"Why?" I asked softly. My father walked out of the hall and my mother and I can't help but follow. We got in the car and headed for the manor.
“She’s bad news.” my father muttered as we sat in the car.
“Bad news? How is she a bad news?” I asked.
“She’s half human and half zombie, Dante.” my mother said. I know that already. I saw her how she handled another zombie. And how she killed another one. I kept my mouth shut. They went on.
“She killed a zombie out of whim.” my father said
“How did you know? What’s your proof?” I asked. Someone might have seen her play in the game hall.
"One of my spies told me of her activity. And it was verified. She is part zombie and you know my standards about it." My father told me as he drive.
"That's it? Just because she's half zombie, I am not allowed to be f*****g involved with her?" I asked furiously.
"Watch your language, young man. You know that immortals are supposed to be with their kind." My mother warned. I sat back. Still furious. And a weird idea came in my mind. But immediately negated it since it won't be wise to do such things due to the current situation.
"If you insist in pursuing that girl, I will have her killed on the spot." My father said as he parked at the roundabout.
I stared at him furiously. When we arrived at the manor, I immediately went up to my room and activated my communication hub.
"Any news?" I asked the officer in charge at the clubhouse.
"The crack was found at the northern wall. And based on the assessment, it will fall in 5 hours if we don't do anything about it." He replied.
F**k. I muttered to myself. "Prepare in combat. Start building the sealant and the barricades." I ordered.
"But sir, we no longer have sufficient sand bags. Unless we lower the western wall barricade." He said.
"Do whatever is necessary. I'll be there soon." I said and ended the communication.
My mind is now in turmoil. My connection with Samantha is now in danger. I have to be stronger for her.... But.... She will no longer be part of my life. I hate that thought. I stood up and went out of the manor, riding my van. I have to keep myself busy. Or I would get crazy.


© 2016 Agent Phyxsiuss


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on July 1, 2016
Last Updated on July 1, 2016
Tags: Connection, Samantha, Dante


Author

Agent Phyxsiuss
Agent Phyxsiuss

Antipolo City, United Kingdom



About
If you also face any kind of tech issue in your router and software programs then contact us at our toll-free help desk number 0800-098-8582. more..

Writing