Chapter 4 Kyra

Chapter 4 Kyra

A Chapter by PoeticMe143
"

Kyra's POV

"
I just now get off the phone with Promise when I get to my house. I open the white gate and walk to the porch. When I get inside I hear my mother in the kitchen, but my dad’s probably working late again. My dad hardly sticks to his normal work hours. He’s always doing over time. Then when he does get off on his normal time he still doesn’t come home. He goes out and gets drunk.
Sometimes it’s not that bad. He’ll come home with a little slur and go straight for bed. Then other times it’s real bad. He’ll come home and just instantly start to complain about stuff. He yells and cusses a lot. My mom just stays silent and listens to him. I couldn’t be her in that situation, because I’d definitely say something back like “take your drunk a*s to sleep.” Or “all you do is complain. You must have had a bad day at work so you’re taking your frustration out on me.” but my mom just stays silent.
I guess she’s just trying to avoid the argument he’s trying to start. Another thing my dad does when he’s drunk is interrogate me.
“Kyra is that you?” Mom yells from the kitchen.
“Yeah.” I reply as I walk down the hall way through a door and into the kitchen.
“How was tutoring?” Mom asks smirking. Mother knows where I really go after school and she has no problem with it. She says she knows Jin and I are just good friends and she trusts me and him to be with each other. Sometimes she even teases me by saying “It’s normal to have a high school sweet heart.” Sometimes it annoys me how a lot of people think Jin and I have something going on, but I guess they can think what they want as long as I know the truth which is Jin and I are just best friends.
“Basically the same. We just studied clouds.” I reply.
“Oh, that’s nice.” Mom says.
“Oh, yeah he invited me over to his house for dinner.” I say.
“Oh, really when?” Mom asks.
“Um, I don’t think he told me. When ever his grandparents come over to visit. Him and his parents are having a welcoming dinner.” I reply.
“So you’ll get to meet his grandparents?” Mom asks while cutting into a carrot.
“I guess so.” I reply.
“Well, just find out when.” Mom says.
“Okay. Well I gotta go change and then go over to Promise’s house so we can do our math homework.” I say as I turn around and start to walk out of the kitchen.
“Okay, but be home before dinner!” Mom yells after me.
“I’ll try.” I reply as I exit the kitchen.


© 2013 PoeticMe143


Author's Note

PoeticMe143
Please review & thanks 4 reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on September 9, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2013
Tags: Friendship


Author

PoeticMe143
PoeticMe143

OKC, OK



About
Well.....Um I don't really know what to put here besides the obvious, which is I love to write(And Draw). I'm always writing but no one really reads my stuff and I'm starting to need feedback because .. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by PoeticMe143