Chapter 6 Promise

Chapter 6 Promise

A Chapter by PoeticMe143
"

Promise's POV

"
Finally Kyra got here at five thirty two and we got started on our homework at six something. We’re both lying on our stomachs on my bed. It’s Kyra’s turn to work out the problem. “So, Jin’s coming over.” I say.
“That’s cool. When will he be here?” Kyra asks.
“He said when he finishes his math homework.” I reply.
“I wish we all had the same math class so we could just do our homework together.” Kyra says.
“Yeah, if only Jin was stupider he’d have our grade math.” I say smiling and Kyra kind of laughs.
“Or if we were smarter we’d have his grade math.” Kyra replies.
“That too.” I say and lay my head down on my arm.
“I can’t figure out the answer to this stupid problem.” Kyra says.
“Maybe it’s not the problem that’s stupid.” I say and laugh. Kyra just shoots one of her evil glares at me.
“Shut up.” Kyra replies. I’m starting to stop laughing when
“Promise someone’s at the door!” my grandpa yells.
“Okay be there in a second!” I yell back. “That’ll be your boyfriend at the door.” I say joking.
“Whatever promise, it’s not even like that.” Kyra replies and I walk out of the room. I get to the door and see Jiro my little brother has already let Jin in.
“Are you Proms boyfriend, because she’s always saying she doesn’t need or want one, but I bet you are.” Jiro says and Jin just stares at him looking confused. I rush over there just as Jin says “Um No.”
“Jiro go away somewhere.” I say as I push Jiro to the side.
“Grandpa, Proms boyfriend is over!” Jiro yells as he runs off.
“Damn, he’s annoying.” I say.
“And very curious. He’s always asking me questions.” Jin replies. I laugh because I remember a question Jiro once asked Him. “What are you laughing about?” Jin asks as we walk towards my room.
“I remember when Jiro asked you if you took steroids because your arms are big.” I reply and laugh “The look on your face was priceless.” I add and continue laughing. Jin chuckles a little.
“Yeah, guess he never heard of working out.” Jin says as we get to my room and go inside. Kyra is still lying on my bed working out the problem. She looks up
“Hey Jin-Jin.” Kyra says.
“Hey Ky.” Jin replies as he walks over to her. I go back to my spot which is the left side of Kyra on the bed and Jin kneels down beside my bed to the right of Kyra.
“Jin, can you help me with this one.” Kyra says as she shows Jin the problem.
“Sure.” Jin replies as he looks at the book. Well finally we finish and we’re all just relaxing. Kyra and I are lying on our back now and Jin is leaning against my bed.
“Well, guys I’ve finally decided.” I say.
“Decided what?’ they both ask.
“I hate math.” I reply.
“You and billions of others.” Kyra says. We all just relax in silence for a while before I break it. I can never stay silent that long, but I bet Kyra and Jin are the world champions at the quiet game.
“We’ll do it all. Everything, on our own.” I start to sing.
“We don’t need, anything, or anyone.” Kyra sings the next part.
“If I lay here, if I just lay here,” Kyra and I sing together
“Would you lay with me, and just forget the world?” All three of us sing. Chasing cars is like our song. We all relate to it. I guess that’s why we all like it. It just seems to be that thing that pulls us out of whatever dark situation we’re in. you know like the song says we just forget the world and our problems along with it. We just forget everything and for a moment feel at ease, and care free. Sad thing is we soon wake up and the world comes back to mind along with our troubles, but the song is still our clarity.
“I don’t quite know, how to say, how I feel.” We all sing then skip some lyrics. “If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lay with me, and just forget the would? Forget what we’re told. Before we get too old. Show me a garden that’s bursting into life. Let’s waste time chasing cars. Around our heads.” we skip to the end. “Just forget the world.” We all sing.


© 2013 PoeticMe143


Author's Note

PoeticMe143
Please review & thanks 4 reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on September 9, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2013
Tags: Clarity, friendship, comfort


Author

PoeticMe143
PoeticMe143

OKC, OK



About
Well.....Um I don't really know what to put here besides the obvious, which is I love to write(And Draw). I'm always writing but no one really reads my stuff and I'm starting to need feedback because .. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by PoeticMe143