Blood Type R

Blood Type R

A Chapter by Yahzeya Yoel
"

7/21/13 Issue 3. Reiko discovers taking the Kaisama was not in vain.

"
The next morning Reiko wakes up and goes about her daily morning routines. Shes finishing washing her hair when she notices that her body has changed slightly. "What happened to my hair?" She says as she looks in the mirror. She then looks at her chest then says out loud "What the hell happened to my chest?!" She then starts to notice her fingernails being longer than usual, her heart rate staying steady, her being somewhat taller and her sprained finger feeling fully healed. She continues to keep looking in the mirror and admires herself looking slightly more muscular than before. She finishes drying her hair then calls her father in the bathroom. He gets upstairs then she says, "Dad, look at me. I didn't have all this before I went to sleep. Especially not these!" She says as she holds her chest. Her father replies back "Well Reiko, I did check on you while you were sleep and did notice the longer hair and fingernails but not "those"." Reiko looks astonished at herself. "So I guess the Kaisama is doing something huh?" "So it seems. Tell you what, after Aikido today, come by Jinkara later and let me take a few tests." "Yeah sure no problem." Her father leaves the bathroom and Reiko starts becoming giddy at her initial changes in the mirror. She pats her chest and says "The only drawback."

She leaves the bathroom and puts on her clothes. She then goes downstairs to see her father out the door before he leaves. She then goes to her mothers room and sits at her bedside. Due to her mothers cancer, she lacks the strength to even get out of bed so Reiko and her father must tend to her every need. Her mother Sakura is 45 years old and has black but graying hair. "Good news mother, the Kaisama is working on me so hopefully father and I can help you get well. I don't know if you can hear me but if you wanted father and I to let you go i would understand. You're suffering more than him and i could ever imagine and nobody should ever suffer this much. But i ask one thing of you mother, please hang on. The process of us getting your life back has begun." She kisses her mothers forehead then leaves the house to go to work. She arrives at work and only sees Kasumi working there. Reiko parks her car in the parking lot then goes inside the gas station. "Hey Kasumi, wheres Rie?" "Shes got the day off today." "Ah." Kasumi takes note of the changes to Reiko's body. "Hey Reiko, where'd the chest and the slightly more muscular tone come from?" "Ok you can keep a secret yeah?" "Of course Rei." "Ok, remember the breakthrough at my dads job?" "No way! You convinced him?" "Yep. so far the changes to my body are, my hair grows longer, I've noticed my heart rate has slowed allowing me to have better stamina than before, my fingernails have for whatever reason grown, my old sprained finger has fully healed so i assume better healing and of course you see these puppies have grown." She says as she points to her breast. Kasumi replies back " "Well s**t Rei, seems you made a good decision." "I'd like to think so Kasumi."

Throughout the day Kasumi and Reiko converse and go about their jobs at the gas station till its time to get off work. They both go in the locker room to change into their normal clothes and continue their conversation. "Hey Kasumi, want to come with me to Jinkara later? My dad is going to run some tests on me." "Sure Rei, when you want me to come?" "After my Aikido class ill drop by your house?" "Sure ill be ready." "Ok great." They leave the locker room then Reiko and Kasumi go their separate ways. Reiko gets to her Aikido class on time and changes into her Aikido attire. After about 10 minutes everybody shows up and the class starts. Sensei Kazuya starts off the pre-class stretches then starts teaching the class. An hour later the class ends and Reiko goes to change back into her normal clothes. After, she goes to talk to Sensei Kazuya. She bows to him then asks "Sensei, may i talk to you in private?" "Yes you may Reiko." He leads her into his meditating room. They take off their shoes at the door and sit on the floor with their leg crisscrossed. "Whats the problem Reiko? Trouble paying the class fees?" "No nothing like that Sensei, i just have a slight problem. "Speak whats on your mind." I have a friend, and her father works at a corporation that works on the advancement of humanity and she convinced her father to test one of the corporations experimental projects on her." "Yes?" "She convinced him because her mother has cancer and she wants to find a way to give her her life back. So my question is do you think she did the right thing?" "Well me personally Reiko, depends. If my mother may she rest her soul was suffering everyday, i would find a way to end her suffering as quick as possible. No one wants to live with daily suffering." "But Sensei, what if her father were on the verge of a cure?" "Then i would work as quickly as possible to make that cure a reality." Reiko then gets up and bows to Kazuya. "Thank you Sensei, you've been very helpful." "Anytime Reiko. Meditate tonight on that." "Yes Sensei." She walks out of the room and goes to her car. Sensei Kazuya reflects on the conversation and says to himself "I don't know what you're doing Reiko but whatever it is may it be righteous."

Reiko goes to Kasumi's house to pick her up then drives to Jinkara Sciences. Reiko's father meets them outside the front door. "Reiko why is Kasumi here?" "I asked her to come. "Alright fine." Reiko's father gives them visitors passes then they follow him to a lab. In the lab there's all sorts of test tubes, workout equipment and other things to test the human body. Ok Reiko sit in that chair over there." He says pointing to a chair next to a microscope. He walks over to her with a needle and test tube. "Reiko I'm going to take a blood sample, let me know if you feel a tad dizzy." "Sure thing dad." He puts a needle in her arm and fills it with her blood then puts the blood between two small square glasses then puts them under a microscope. While looking at her blood, he notices green particles inside her blood. The green particles are fusing together with her blood and are forming a brand new blood type. "Reiko this is incredible! Your blood contains intact sources of the Kaisama and the Kaisama is fusing together with your blood!" "Is that good?" Better than good! It appears the Kaisama is creating a new blood type within your bloodstream." Mr. Natsuki, does that mean technically she has no real blood type?" "Yes Kasumi, actually the only way at this point to for scenario sake give her a blood transfusion would be to clone her blood." "Well then dad what should we call my new blood type?" "Hmm, i say it should be called blood type R." "R dad?" "Yeah cause of the first letter in your name." "That works i guess." "Ok Reiko I want to test your upper body strength." Sure, what you need me to do?" "Theres a special dumbbell we created in the corner over there that can increase its weight when we command it." He says as he points to it. "Just lift it?" "Just lift it." She walks over to the corner and picks it up. "Ok dumbbell, increase weight to 80 pounds!" The weight brings Reikos hand down slightly but she brings it back up instantly. "Dumbbell, increase to 150 pounds!" Again Reikos hand drops slightly again and she brings it back up. "Dumbbell, increase to 250 pounds!" Same thing happens again. "Dumbbell, increase to 400." Same thing again. "Dumbbell, increase to 800." Same again. "Dumbbell increase to 1200." Same thing happens yet again. "Ok lets go all out. Dumbbell, increase to 20 tons!" Reiko hands yet again drop slightly and she picks them back up instantly. "Wow. Now this is progress. Dumbbell, decrease to 0. Reiko drops the dumbbell and walks over to Kasumi and her father. All of them have a look of astonishment on their faces. "Reiko, I believe you are the very first human to experience what it feels like to have the dormant part of the genome unlocked." Says her father in shock. "How does it feel?" Asks Kasumi. "I feel free and brand new Kasumi."  


© 2014 Yahzeya Yoel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
Added on July 20, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2014
Tags: Mistral Reiko Natsuki


Author

Yahzeya Yoel
Yahzeya Yoel

Staten Island, NY



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Yahzeya Yoel


I I

A Chapter by Yahzeya Yoel


II II

A Chapter by Yahzeya Yoel