A Savior But A Killer...

A Savior But A Killer...

A Chapter by Yahzeya Yoel
"

Issue 13. Reiko wakes up days later and tells Kasumi, Rie and Itachi what happened. Reiko is also hailed and seen as a hero among the people of Nagasaki

"
Three days later, Reiko wakes up but still has conflicted feelings. Kasumi, Rie and Itachi come to Reiko's bedside. "Reiko how are you?" asks Itachi. She turns to him and says "I killed her." Itachi shakes his head. "Who was she?" Reiko looks down. "She was my mother and your wife." "Stop kidding." Reiko looks at him. "Seriously stop kidding." Reiko stays silent. "No." "Yes dad. I confirmed she was indeed Sakura Natsuki. While we first fought, she just casually told me. After she exiled me, i landed on an island and was unconscious for a day. When i woke up, i assumed that the Epsilon serum turned her into that monster. So i came back and killed my mother and your wife." Itachi then leaves the room and goes outside. Kasumi and Rie then comfort Reiko. She cant cry or get angry at what shes done but she does feel depressed. Reiko then asks for her street clothes and puts them on. She walks out the room and is greeted by thunderous applause. She puts on her hood during her walk out the shelter and sits outside.

She sits outside on the staircase and stares at the night sky. The people of Nagasaki then come out of the shelter and continue to congratulate Reiko. The military and political figures all shake Reiko's hand but notice she wont shake back. "Is there anything wrong Miss Natsuki?" asks a politician. She then looks at him and then walks off. She starts her way towards the center of Tokyo. She starts to look for a flower shop and finds one within minutes. She goes to buy a bouquet of Roses. Her mothers favorite flower. She pays for the flowers then walks out the shop. Reiko then starts to walk back to the outskirts of Tokyo and when she reaches it, she starts to fly back to Nagasaki. She goes to find her mothers body in the same place she left it. She picks up her body and carries it to a cemetery and begins digging a grave for her mother. She finishes digging the grave forty-five minutes later with her hands and puts her mothers body into it. She then begins to cover up her mothers body. She does so and makes a hole to put the bouquet of flowers into. She puts the flowers into the hole and flies back to the shelter.

Reiko still keeps a cold demeanor and ignores all greetings people are trying to give her. She finds Itachi, Kasumi and Rie sitting in a room. Reiko walks over to Kasumi and hugs her tightly. She does the same for Rie then walks over to Itachi. She looks down at him. She then kneels down and makes him look at her. She then hugs him tightly and they both start crying. The people of Nagasaki burst into the room and see the sight. They then back out slowly and leave. Reiko and Itachi continue to cry. About an hour later, they stop and Reiko goes to address the people. She goes outside the shelter and the people start asking her questions. "Miss Natsuki, are you the only superhuman besides Epsilon?" "Yes i am the only one." "Miss Natsuki, is it safe to return to Nagasaki?" "Yes. There are no more threats." "Miss Natsuki, who was Epsilon?" Reiko then looks down. "Epsilon... She...Was my mother." Everyone then falls silent. Reiko then stops answering questions and tells them "Now I'm not sure how you figured out who i am but i can tell you this, my life now has taken a turn for the worse. I killed my mother and almost died by her hand twice. Sure you may think having superpowers is all f****n' cool and whatnot. You're wrong. A situation like this may pop up and boom you're fucked. Now I'm sure in the near future I will be called on to handle situations that "only i can resolve' but if it happens too much I will stop saving everybody and let you figure out how to handle it." Everyone still stands silent. "Now if anybody would be kind enough to tell me, how did you find out who and what i am?" "I TOLD THEM!" Itachi then appears from the crowd. "I had no choice. They asked for your blood type and i told them they wouldn't have your blood type and I'm pretty sure you can figure out the rest." Reiko then nods her head. "Are you angry at me Reiko?" Reiko stares at him. "No. But I suppose they were going to know sooner or later." "So what now Reiko?" "We rebuild Nagasaki. But first put a bit of funding into Jinkara Sciences to find a cure for my powers. I don't want them anymore." Everyone gasps. "But you said in the near future they might call on you." "Yeah well i figure i better get this s**t out of me before that happens." "Ok Reiko. Now where are we supposed to live?" "If the people in Tokyo are fine with it, we should live there temporarily. Senator Kamata?" "Yes Miss Reiko?" "Go see if they will allow the citizens who had their homes destroyed to live there for a little while." Yes Ma'am. He then leaves for Tokyo. "Kasumi, Rie, dad grab on.' They all grab onto each other and and Reiko. She then flies them off to Nagasaki while the crowd watches.

They arrive at Nagasaki about 30 minutes later. Reiko then goes to look for their house. She finds it ironically untouched. She steps inside and finds things on the floor due to the shock waves from the battle. She picks up everything and heads to Sakura's room. She empties out all of her clothes and put them in a neat pile outside. She then takes gasoline pours it over the clothes. She then gets a lighter and sets fire to the clothes. She then gets rid of family pictures with Sakura in them and adds them to the fire. After that she flies off to the Makin Island Kiebu.  She lands on the island and the kids greet her happily. She then walks over to the cave she shared with Varietta. She finds Varietta standing in the entrance and Varietta walks over and hugs Reiko tightly. "Reiko I'm so so sorry." "Don't worry Varietta, I'll be ok." "So what now Reiko?" "I take you with me." Reiko signals Varietta to get on her back and she does. Before flying off, Reiko tells the kids that she will be back for them in a couple hours. She flies back to the house with Varietta on her back. Reiko takes her inside the house and shows Varietta where she will be staying, Sakura's room. "Hey thanks Reiko." No need to thank me Varietta. I'm just a woman who keeps her promises. Hey explore the house for awhile, i gotta tell the military to get the kids." "Ok sure." Reiko then flies off to get the military and finds the bulk of them still at the shelter. She tells the highest ranking officer there to take a small caravan to the Makin Island Kiebu to pick up about three hundred children. The officer complies with Reiko's demand and immediately sends out people and boats to pick up the children.

Reiko then flies off with the military to pick up the children. Reiko reaches the island before the military and tells the kids they are going to live in the same city as Reiko. The kids cheer and wait for the military to get there. They arrive ten minutes later and the military gathers up all the kids on boats and sails for Nagasaki. Reiko then flies ahead of the military and the kids wave at her. She arrives back the house to see Varietta, Kasumi, Rie and Itachi talking to each other. "So you met her on the island huh?' "Yeah Varietta saved my life. I promised her that she can live here if i came back alive." "Ok that's honorable of you Reiko." "Thanks dad."

Hours later most of the population of Nagasaki returns and Reiko is staring out the window looking at the people returning. Varietta sees her staring out the window and walks in her room. "You ok Reiko?" "I guess Varietta. I'm just not sure if I should feel good that I stopped a strong evil even though it was my mother." "Its understandable Reiko." Varietta then walks behind Reiko and wraps her arms around her waist. "Don't worry Reiko we'll get through this together." She then kisses Reiko on the lips and walks out of Reiko's room.


© 2014 Yahzeya Yoel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
Added on September 10, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2014
Tags: Mistral Reiko Natsuki


Author

Yahzeya Yoel
Yahzeya Yoel

Staten Island, NY



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Yahzeya Yoel


I I

A Chapter by Yahzeya Yoel


II II

A Chapter by Yahzeya Yoel