Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Rayne

     I grab that annoying boys food and bring it to his table. As I got closer I noticed he wasnt alone. 3 other people are sitting at his table talking. As I set his food down he thanks me.
"Can I get you anything." I ask with a big smile.
"Ill take a cup of coffee."One of the black haired boys replied.
"Ill take a coke and can you give my brother water instead."The other black haired boy said.
"Okay and for you sir."
"Well sweet cheeks, one you can call me Rebel and ill take a coke."
"Be back in a minute. Oh Rebel, call me sweet cheeks again and ill punch you in the noise." I reply back with a smug smirk.
    Few seconds later I come back with 2 cokes and two coffees. Silly me forgot to bring Akira his coffee.
"Yah COOOFFFEEEE!!" The one black headed boy screamed. I laughed hes real cute.
"Now you did it. Thanks now hes going to be a pain in my a*s." Akira replied.
"Only doing my job and your welcome." I reply back with another smirk.
      Those guys staid the whole time. I saw a middle aged lady walk in. Its the end of my shift and Mrs. Shanz usually comes in. I walk up to her.
"Hello, Im looking for a Keera Legna." The lady asks in a snoty voice.
"Im her. Can I help you." I say as nicely as possible. I dont like snobs.
       The lady hands me a yellow folder. "This is for you, from Mrs. Shanz. She died last night of a heart attack. We found her this morning along with this folder marked to you." I felt tears welt up, to make it worse that lady didnt give a s**t about Mrs. Shanz death.
"Well good day." The lady said in a snooty voice and left.
       I sat down in a booth before I would have fallen down. I opened the folder and found a letter, will, and a check. I opened the letter and read.
Dear Keera,
If you are reading this then I am already gone. I am sorry for leaving you with no family. I also know how much you loved and cared for you. But I can not live without my husband, he off all the family is the only person who cared for me, other than you. If I lived on this planet any longer my family would put me in a old folks hell and take all that is precious to me. To make sure it lands in good hands I am leaving you with everything I own, and more. Keera please do not morn for my death but celebrate the live that I have lived happily. I will miss you dearly and maybe one day we will meet again. I am going to a better place with my husband and will be very happy. I love you as if you were one of my own. Which I kinda always have thought of you as that. Good bye Keera. May you finally get happiness in your life.
Love,
Mrs. Shanz
      After I read that I couldnt hold in all my pain and sadness. I burst out crying, I cried for everybody I lost. Mrs. Shanz was the closest thing I had to a grandmother and mother. Now she is gone like everybody else I loved and cared for.
Akira's POV
"Hey Kira wasnt that the girl you were talking about?" Rebel asked.
"Yeah." I replied.
"She didnt seem cold. Shes nice." Cass said happily. He took a sip of the one drink hes not allowed to have.
      Sob.Sniff.Sob. We all looked at who was crying. We saw Keera sitting in a booth hunched over. For an unknown reason, I ran over to her and engulfed her into a hug. I thought she would push me away, but she did the opposite. She clung to me and started to cry harder into my chest. I just kept rubbing my hand up and down her back, trying to give her as much comfort as I could. Maybe her coldness is an act to push everbody away. Why does she want to push people away? After a few minutes she pulled away.
"Thank....you..."She said while sniffling.
"You welcome. Mind I ask why you were crying." I ask worried that lady did something to her.
"Everybody I love and care for dies." She said while going into another fit of crying and sobbing.
      The others come and sit by us. Rebel picks up the letter, will, and a check and looks at them.
"You know you shouldnt cry for their death, instead you should celebrate their new beginning. They would want you to be happy not sad." Caine says while smiling.
"How can you say that and how do you know what Im going through." She says coldly.
"When Cass and I were 6 we lost both are parents and put in a foster home. When we were 16, Akira and Rebels parents adopted us. When we turned 18 they died." Caine says sadly.
"So what did this lady mean to you?" Rebel asks flatly.



© 2010 Rayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 2, 2010


Author

Rayne
Rayne

Hoagland , IN



About
I love to write stories and one day get the story I am writing published. I have been writing stories since i was 12 years old. I love reading other peoples work and giving them feedback. Want to kn.. more..

Writing
For Grandma For Grandma

A Poem by Rayne