chapter 1:Darkness rising

chapter 1:Darkness rising

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Thomas and Michael arrive in Antarctica to find a frozen wasteland.They must now venture further in if they wish to stop an uprising.

"
Thomas stepped onto the snow after his jetpack had frozen.He and his father were standing next to an ice breaker ship."What is that?" Asked Thomas.
"That is the oldest form of sea travel you can get."
Both men carried on ahead until coming across a gorge that stretched out as far as the eye could see."S**t." Michael growled. He looked down and saw that they were standing on not snow but ice.And as visible as it was,there appeared to be a length of a bridge inside the ice.It looked big enough to stretch across at least half of the gorge.
"So how do we raise it?"
"Give me a minute."
As Michael was thinking,Dragod flew up and out of the gorge."You night have been lucky before but not this time!"
Thomas frowned."Who are you?"
"We have already met!My name is Dragod."
"You stay away from my son!" 
"That's not your decision to make!"
"Yes it is!"
Dragod chuckled."I'd like you to meet a new friend of mine!"Up out of the gorge rose a huge creature.It was a giant squid but it was orange with black blotches all over it.And for the top of its head was a flytrap,just like the spider.Its eye was beneath the flytrap mouth."This beauty is my key to beating you!"
"Something about this squid seems familiar."
"Like what son?"
"The head!It is exactly like the spider back in Ecotopia!"
"This is not my creation and nor was the spider.It is the creation of Clitosis!"
The squid let out an awful scream.It was the mixture of a lion roaring and an animal dying.Dragod laughed."What's the matter Michael?Afraid?"
Michael stood back in disbelief."My god."
Thomas looked at Dragod then Michael."What do we do?"
"There is nothing either of you can do!I have seen this worlds fate and it does not end here!"
"What does he mean dad?"
"He is not from this time."
"Time travel?"Thomas gasped,his mind blown away.
"Bingo!Somebody give this guy a prize!"
"He has come back to prevent us from saving the future."
"How did you figure that out?"
"He had me in his grasp but took off when he saw someone or something that had followed him.I gathered those two together,coming to the conclusion he is not from this time."
"Who was it?"
"I don't know."
"If I take both of you out then the future of mankind will belong to Clitosis!"
"Not if we kill him first!"
"No."
"Dad?"
"Clitosis will be woken.If Dragod is from another time and he is here to prevent us from succeeding,then it means this all must happen."
"But surely we can prevent this from happening."
"Maybe."
"You can't stop him!Being from another time gives me an advantage!"
"Then use it!"
"As for you Thomas,my powers are unstoppable which means you won't heal if I hurt you!"
"You touch my son and you're as good as dead!"
'Seize the boy!" The squid raised one tentacle and grabbed Thomas,flinging him high in the air and catching him again.Next it raised up another tentacle with Janice,Michael's wife.
"Janice!Thomas!"
"Help us!" Screamed Janice.
"Who will you save Michael?The love of your life or the child you always wanted?!"
Janice shed a tear as she spoke."Michael.Whatever decision you make,it will be the right one."
Dragod flew over to Janice and pulled her head back by her hair."Love or family?"
"I choose...neither." Michael fell on his knees and began to cry.
"You will let them die for yourself?"
"No.You will take my life instead."
"Michael,no!"
"Dad!"
"Thomas is stronger than me and I have known that for a long time."
"Yes but..."
"No Janice.He is the only one that can prevent them from taking the future."
"Dad,you can't do this!"
"Dragod!You will take my life,not theirs!"
Dragod laughed madly."You think you can save either of them?" The squid suddenly squeezed both tentacles round them crushing them both at the exact same time.
"No!"
"You truly are pathetic!"
"You will pay for this!"
"You will have to get me first!"
"Don't worry,I will." As Dragod flew off,the squid grabbed Michael and started to crush him.Michael simply made an explosion of fire which threw both him and the squid off the edge of the cliff.The squid clung onto the edge of the cliff for dear life as Michael took all of his fire to his hands and began to charge a fire blast.The squid let out a roar just as Michael fired the massive fire blast.It hit the squid and blew up sending the squid back into the gorge whilst Michael landed on the ice.
All of the ice was cracked and broken from the first explosion so Michael threw another blast of fire at it making it crumble.The ice fell into the gorge below with Michael jumping from piece to piece to escape the fall.Once the ice was gone, the bridge raised up and connected with another piece of the bridge which was waiting for the first to raise. Once the first had begun to raise,it also forced the second piece to rise up.
Michael raced across the bridge just as a few of the squids tentacles flew high above him.They all wrapped themselves round the bridge and began to pull it down.Michael ran across the bridge faster than he knew he could and barely made it.The bridge collapsed beneath the enormous pressure from the squid,thus falling and crushing the squid beneath it.There was now nowhere else to go.
"No way to turn back now."Michael carried on ahead in the icy wind.He eventually came across a triangle shaped cave entrance.Along the edges of it were different carvings and symbols."This must be it."He followed the cave until he came to one of the biggest rooms he'd ever seen.It was massive in size and stretched out one hundred meters to the other side of the room. At the other end of the room were two huge doors.The entrance to Clitosis's chamber.
"You just don't know when to die do you?!"Dragod yelled as he came down from the ceiling.
"I will stop when you are dead!"
"That will not happen!"
"Oh yes it is." Michael ran at Dragod but found himself picked up by the legs and flown high above the ground.
"Hope you like the view!"Dragod proceeded to spin him round and round before throwing him in the air,catching him,then slamming him down into the ground below."Feel the pain!"
As Michael got up he noticed that Dragod had somehow turned his skin steel."How did you..."
"I can shape shift.It makes my job a whole lot easier."
"I haven't seen a shapeshifter in years." Michael climbed to his feet.
"Stay down." Dragod did something unmentionable to Michael which knocked him out cold."Oh and watch out for my mind blocks,they can make you fall asleep."
"Have you had enough playtime yet?"Mechanoid was standing at the doors to the chamber.
"Calm down."
"Watch your tongue!"
"Or what?"
Mechanical tentacles came up out of the ground and wrapped themselves round Dragod's throat."Or that will happen." Mechanoid turned to the door."It will open in a minute.And then I will have my revenge."
"What do you mean?"
"Years of planning my revenge are finally over!"
"What?"
"Fool.Do you think I knew of Michael's powers by chance?No.I knew of them long before this planet was revived."
"Huh?"
"I lead an army to destroy this dimension but was stopped by his clone.And then I learnt of the clone being cloned."
"Me?"
"You.I can finally take the power into my own hands and wipe you all out once and for all!"
"But I did nothing."
"Shut up!" Mechanoid shot an energy blast at Dragod.Then the tentacles let him go."Soon the power will be mine.



© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on March 19, 2014
Last Updated on March 19, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay