chapter 4:The games begin

chapter 4:The games begin

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Thomas knows the truth of his fathers disappearance and must now venture out to find him before he locates the god blade.

"
Somewhere in the sky hundreds of miles away,a floating fortress was sitting patiently.It was called the Sky Factory.Its main purpose was to never be detected and produce the perfect army of which to possess the earth.Within the factory was a throne room.It was unlike any other throne before.Upon the throne sat Mechanoid,along with his personal servant Michael.
"Your son will believe anything." Mechanoid picked Michael up by his throat then threw him down the steps of the throne.
"Leave him alone."
"You dare give me orders?"Mechanoid walked over to him and kicked him in the chest."I give you orders and you listen!You don't ever get to tell me what to do!Look at yourself,your pathetic.You're chained up to my throne like a dog."
Michael struggled against the chains binding his hands together."Release me!"
"Your life is mine remember...or if you'd like I could go pay a visit to your beloved wife and son."
"No.You'll leave them out of this."
"I will.For now.But as for now,I have a task for you."
Meanwhile,Thomas was in a hovercopter flying to the site of Old Sanctuary,long abandoned for over ten years.He jumped out and parachuted to the ground below just outside of the city walls.They stood tall and menacing just by looking at them. Thomas made his way around the entire structure before turning up empty handed.
"So where the hell is the entrance to this place?"Just as he finished his sentence,something fell from the sky creating a crater in the ground."What in the hell?"He ran over to the crater and saw a man standing in it."Dad?"
Michael climbed out of the crater and saw Thomas.But he didn't greet him with a welcoming hug."Prepare to die beast."
"What?"
"Why have you come here beast?To prevent me from accessing the catacombs below the city?Or are you its protector?"
"I am none of them.I am YOUR son."
"I don't have time for games.I need to gain access to the catacombs and claim the god blade."
"If you do then everything will be rewritten."
"So what?"
"Don't do this!"
"If you are the protector of this place then you will show me a way inside and safe passage through."
Thomas had an idea."Sure.I will gain access for the both of us."
"Good.Now get moving."
Thomas made a bluff and circled round the walls until he eventually came across a large pipe sticking out of the wall high above the ground."There!"
"And how do you suppose I get up there?"
He had no idea.Thomas couldn't think of anything."I don't know."
Michael eyeballed Thomas.Mechanoid had place a curse upon Michael so when he saw family he would see them as being only monsters,nothing more.So he saw Thomas as some creature."Okay beast.I will get us up but then you had better get me through!" Michael shot his sticky grapple and pulled them both up.
"Okay so..." Thomas was cut off as Michael pushed him out of the pipe and hurtling towards the ground."Oh shiiiiit!!!!"
"Sorry kid,but I need to do this on my own."
Thomas fell a few hundred meters before the ground got closer to him.Once he felt himself hit the ground he just kept on falling.He fell further and further until he saw flames rushing past him.He screamed as he went sky rocketing towards a red surface below.When he landed on it he created a massive crater.As he got up he staggered around briefly from the drop.
"Welcome to hell."Spoke a croaky voice.
"Huh?"Thomas looked up and saw an unexpected figure standing before him.It was death himself.The black cloak and scythe were also with him."Holy s**t,you are real?!"
"Yes dear by,I exist."
"But..."

"Those scientists think they know everything."
"Excuse me?"
"They put death as a natural causes or murder,then I watch as their so called discoveries are given awards."
"Hey !"
"So sorry."
"Why am I here?"
"Well you died."
"Yes but I haven't done anything to end up here in hell."
"Calm down.You have been brought here for safety."
"But wouldn't I be safer in heaven,not hell?"
"True but if you were to be sent there then Mechanoid would be able to get to you no matter what."
"How would he?"
"Time is accelerated in hell.A few minutes here could be months or weeks on earth.So by the time you got here he would already have the god blade,thus giving him power to gain access heaven.And to you."
"No."
"Yes.Now shall we get you back to the surface world?"
"How?"
"Now that will have to be done by another hand.Go to the east and follow the path."
"Why?"
"You must see the one who holds the keys to the gates out of here."
"You don't mean..."
"Lucifer himself.He holds the keys so you can escape."
"Fine."
"I can train you here in this little arena if you come across any hell creature.But that is purely up to you."
"No thanks,I just want to get out of here."
Death watched Thomas as he made his way across the arena."You have the intelligence of an infant."Death's scythe glowed green then stomped it on the ground creating the ground beneath Thomas's feet to collapse.
"What?Hey!" Thomas fell down toward the fires of hell,the heat burning his skin from the touch."Oh my god!!!" The next he could recall was waking up on a path that led to nowhere going past him.But ahead of him was a pathway that led to a sort of courtroom.It was rounded instead of square.At the very end of the courtroom was a stand where the judge would sit but Thomas couldn't see anyone. He entered the courtroom but found nothing.
"Hello?!" Thomas called out.
"Thomas Ablestine."
"Who's there?"
"I am known by many names,so many different names.But you can call me Lucifer.The worlds balance between good and evil is tilting too far.The earth shall soon fall apart."
"I need to return to the surface!"
"And you wish me to allow this?"
"Please.I need to."
"So be it.But know this.I give only once chance to leave,after that..."

"I understand.How come I can not see you?"
"My form will render you useless if you see me,so I must remain hidden."
"Okay."Thomas then noticed that the ground beneath him was rising up in the air.Where he stood was  circular and big enough for him to stand on alone.But as he rose higher and higher in the air he noticed that the earth was too getting closer."It's going to crush me!" The earth finally crushed him in between hell and itself.But Thomas woke up in his bed at home.
"Your home?"Gasped Janice,running over to him."Where have you been?"
"It's okay,I was only gone for a few hours at most."
"you were gone for over a month."
"Oh s**t."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on March 20, 2014
Last Updated on March 20, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay